Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:13:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin down, altcoin rise. why?  (Read 1842 times)
HalseyBert

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:13:25 PM

I do not understand what happened to some altcoins, I know that when correction, red altcoin dominates the crypto market.

but when the bitcoin correction, there is still altcoin that has increased and rises significantly.

what factors make altcoin rise when bitcoin falls?
share your knowledge with me!
Bitcoin has been fluctuating since a long time, but since it is one great coin, we say that it is dominating the market. The truth is there are altcoins, like EOS, PRG which are working at a greater pace than bitcoin. Therefore, they are rising more in value as well as price than bitcoin. PRG is coming up with it Paragon Space which will further increase its price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HaroldConway

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:39:00 PM

I do not understand what happened to some altcoins, I know that when correction, red altcoin dominates the crypto market.

but when the bitcoin correction, there is still altcoin that has increased and rises significantly.

There are altcoins that function very fast and efficiently. One of them is TAU. It is a great coin and it is going to rise in value soon due to its new exchange. Bitcoin on the other hand is fluctuating. The value if bitcoin is not directly proportional to that of altcoins, therefore they can rise or decline on basis of their performance.
foxbat

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:40:55 PM

In my understanding, it is like a form of market regulation. When bitcoin goes down, the altcoins will go up to balance its inherent value (value in USD).
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:21:53 PM

In my understanding, it is like a form of market regulation. When bitcoin goes down, the altcoins will go up to balance its inherent value (value in USD).

I don't think it really works like that in reality. The total market cap of all crypto, Bitcoin included definitely can go down and be drawn down by both alts and BTC if we're talking about total USD market cap.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 756

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:41:35 PM

Rise of all other currencies will be appreciated but Bitcoin will not fall at any time I’m sure this year will be there great tested here for the development of bitcoin So all the currencies had the same procedure followed by bitcoin and so bitcoin is the leader for all this it will not change at any cause.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:13:13 PM

One of the reason is that people who make an investment in Bitcoin move their investment to other altcoins, usually alt coins will rise when the Bitcoin price stable because people make their investment to alt coins. But, when Bitcoin price down maybe can make some alt coins price very high
FeatherFan

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:19:56 PM

I think all altcoin are based on bitcoin as a source of comparison. So essentially making bitcoin prices up then altcoin prices also rise, and make bitcoin prices down altcoin prices also fell.
kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:26:54 PM

People now substitutes bitcoin with altcoins ,hence you will see them selling their bitcoins for altcoins that is valuable. While naturally bitcoin fall should bring other coins down,these altcoins that have traders buying become stronger rather.

Bowly88

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:29:43 PM

Altcoins are tradable for BTC so when I sell bitcoin for that altcoin, there is more demand for the altcoin I'm trying to get and less for bitcoin because I'm fulfilling somebody else demand.

Doesn't mean that bitcoin is in a low state bitcoin is already down. its just that the value of the bitcoin today is falling and rising. Altcoin today is just indemand because of the bitcoins down state.
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:33:15 PM

This often happens in early 2017, but lately the trend has changed little. When bitcoin prices rise, most altcoins also rise, and vice versa when bitcoin prices fall. I think the dominance of bitcoin is getting bigger.

pejuang_mamak

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:35:15 PM

of course if there is altcoin that still increases when the bitcoin decreases the cryptocurrency is experiencing a good development process or is in good performance and a good roadmap process

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:35:35 PM

Usually the majority of alts are red as the overall market falls but some get pumped or have an event during that session and do rise but this rise can`t be supportive as after some days they do fall again.
nursarjani

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:16:23 AM

I think when bitcoin prices drop not all altcoin prices up, only a few coins are the price up, maybe it could be pumped by big investors who have much capital, but that often happens in the market when bitcoin drop all altcoin will follow red .
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:49:29 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 09:58:57 AM by Jonsnowstark

I think not all altcoin prices goes up when bitcoin falls down because there are altcoins who are depending on bitcoin's price. When the bitcoin price is high, there are altcoins increases too. Bitcoin is volatile as well as altcoins. I think altcoin price is dependent on bitcoin price because it is usually used as a trading pair in most exchanges. As you can see right now when bitcoin dived down the whole market turns red as well.

btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:58:03 AM

In my observation, everytime bitcoin undergo bearish market, most of the altcoins will follow and that is what usually happened in the  cryptomarket. I think the rise of some altcoin when btc is on dip could have been just a minor case but in most cases altcoins usually go down trend for every bearish market of bitcoin.
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:59:04 AM

Well it looks like Bitcoin down and altcoins down too.  Btc is the leader.  However it moves the crypto market moves relatively as well.  
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:04:44 AM

I think the price increase of some altcoin will not last long because based on the experience that often happens there is never any from altcoin that does not follow the bitcoin price movement. So even though there is an increased altcoin price movement but in the end it will still follow the bitcoin price movement.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
morex0123

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:20:51 AM

I think short term investors and traders will opt to shift from bitcoin to alts when btc value goes down, to gain good profits. That is why when btc is down, alt coins goes up or will rise. It all depends on your investing strategy to have a good and profitable income.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:24:40 AM

Many factors affect the price of Bitcoin. Every time we will experience it and it is a very natural thing to happen. Some important decisions such as an announcement from the government as well as how our attitude in receiving Bitcoin will significantly affect the Bitcoin price.
radjie

Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:00:46 AM

I think the price increase of some altcoin will not last long because based on the experience that often happens there is never any from altcoin that does not follow the bitcoin price movement. So even though there is an increased altcoin price movement but in the end it will still follow the bitcoin price movement.
recently some altcoin values ​​have increased when bitcoin prices have fallen, perhaps because many people choose to trade short-term by trading on altcoin. It is capable of causing altcoin trade volume to exceed the value of bitcoin due to the large number of people taking advantage of market price correction to choose how to trade short term in altcoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: