Bitcoin Forum
December 19, 2018, 02:43:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Trump and Trade War  (Read 1187 times)
likaarmy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:29:08 AM

Do you think Donald Trump trade War is justified? He wants bigger taxes for European cars in US and I believe he is right. I mean, US cars import to Europe taxe is 10% while European Car taxe to US is just 3.5%! What do you think of it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crpytonation

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:10:41 PM

Do you think Donald Trump trade War is justified? He wants bigger taxes for European cars in US and I believe he is right. I mean, US cars import to Europe taxe is 10% while European Car taxe to US is just 3.5%! What do you think of it?

US Will be the loser,if other countries start taxing US Goods
How about 20% taxes on Cokes,Pepsi,Microsoft,apple,lays,GE,Boeing,Tesla and all other American products ?
700G

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:35:05 PM

Consumers will lose in any trade war.
JessAnd

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:49:06 PM

100%!

Besides, what isn't taken into account by brainwashed trumpzilla supporters is this: the US simple can't satisfy their appetites for the consumerism, and they don't want to have certain manufacturing anywhere near their cities. They also have higher wages, compared to other parts of the world. That's where trade deficits are coming from. So this populist idea that somehow trade deficit equals the US just giving money to other countries is so moronic and untrue... I can't believe anyone with half brain would fall for this. But then again, from what I've seen on Twitter and other SM - trumpzila supporters aren't exactly the thinking kind...
omone1
Copper Member

Activity: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:20:32 AM

I think what should be looked at here is the trade volume. If I buy more of your product and tax you more is fine, but you buy less of my product and you tax me very high when I have alternatives, then there is bound to be a market shift. US should maintain relationship trade with EU but see how to win over Chinese trade manipulations as earlier echoed by President Trump

Development Automation Platform[/url]
⬢▬ WHITEPAPER ▬⬢⬢▬ BOUNTY ▬⬢
TwitterTelegramFacebookAnn thread[/center]
Voolet

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:15:43 AM

It is typical for Trump. He won elections, because he promised to Americans that their country should be the strongest one in the world and these decisions try to protect them. I am not sure if Trump is right, it all can affect on the US in negative way.
Naida_BR

Activity: 214
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

Trump thinks that EU is his opponent in trading.

But he needs to turn his head the other way and look at China.

He should create strong partnerships if he wants to "Make America Greater Again" and not fighting partners.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 4105

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:31:04 AM

Pretty much any economist will tell you that the best net policy for a country's population is to immediately and unilaterally end all tariffs on your end. If other countries have tariffs on their end, that hurts them far more than it hurts you. But politicians never listen to the economists on this because the protectionist narrative is so effective with the average person. It's a classic example of perverse incentives in government.

That said, if you have a bunch of countries going into a trade war from a protectionist mindset, I think that the US can ultimately do far more damage to the other countries' economies than it can be damaged, so I suppose that means that the US would "win". But even then you only get higher prices and some abstract idea of "now the trade is fair"...

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1875

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 11:50:56 AM

He should create strong partnerships if he wants to "Make America Greater Again" and not fighting partners.

Canada has always been the strongest ally of the US.

Now your buffoon POTUS insults us like he is a six year old child.  :/

I'm into creating universes, smiting people, writing holy books and listening to Prayer Messages (PMs).
BitcoinTalk Public Information Project (BPIP)  - My Trust Removal Guidelines
"Masturbation makes you feel good but doesn't do anything for the person you're thinking of.  Just like prayer."
Steamtyme

Activity: 490
Merit: 522

Blokforge Affiliate- see profile

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 12:26:53 PM

It's a shitty situation for the general population on both sides of the border. This goes for all countries the US is pushing trade wars with.

Trump should but won't, start thinking with the mindset that he is running a country and needs to lay the groundwork for the future not just try to "win". This isn't a business deal and that's the problem with most of the victories he's going for.

I was reading a few headlines and it looks like his trade "dispute" with us in Canada is set affect the states where he had overwhelming support the most. I remember during the election these are the same states he was promising to bring back their glory days.

I personally feel globalization has been mostly good,(not a fan of the exploitation of child/cheap labor without safety or health regulations) humans have been successfully achieving global trade for centuries expanding the routes as fast as we could discover new lands. I also believe that a country needs to have a plan to ensure it's survival. In the case of Canada I've never understood why the oil sands doesn't have a refinery, but I've also never delved to deeply into it.

In short I think this was an attempt to bully several countries into accepting his will, and it will backfire. Trump will never admit fault and the world will continue to move forward exploring different trade options that exclude the US due to their current volatility.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1219

in 2 min-groin injury, dildo on field, & 6-9 score

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 07:58:34 AM

I think the ultimate goal is to lower both tariffs and non-tariff barriers to trade to zero, or close to zero. Many of our trading partners skew the market in one way or another making it so we cannot export as many goods to their country that we otherwise might be able to.

The act of putting new tariffs on another country's exports that take effect in the future is a way to get the other country to the table to try to work out a deal in which barriers are lowered from what they were prior to the tariffs being implemented.

3PjXm2XYDKLV5mN3oiKzNTyVvSkqP3ujeq <-- tipping address Advertise here
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1073

Freedom&Honor

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 11:56:50 PM

Pretty much any economist will tell you that the best net policy for a country's population is to immediately and unilaterally end all tariffs on your end. If other countries have tariffs on their end, that hurts them far more than it hurts you. But politicians never listen to the economists on this because the protectionist narrative is so effective with the average person. It's a classic example of perverse incentives in government.

That said, if you have a bunch of countries going into a trade war from a protectionist mindset, I think that the US can ultimately do far more damage to the other countries' economies than it can be damaged, so I suppose that means that the US would "win". But even then you only get higher prices and some abstract idea of "now the trade is fair"...

My thoughts too.
However, if Trump pulls it off (and I think he could), he could lower the tariffs and provide freer trade for both countries.
As Quickseller pointed out, the intention isn't to set a higher tax to set a 'fair trade', it is to show they should decrease their import fees.
Hoping it's going to work.
Trump seems like he pulls things off.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:36:04 PM

My thoughts too.
However, if Trump pulls it off (and I think he could), he could lower the tariffs and provide freer trade for both countries.
As Quickseller pointed out, the intention isn't to set a higher tax to set a 'fair trade', it is to show they should decrease their import fees.
Hoping it's going to work.
Trump seems like he pulls things off.

Actually heard him say at the G7 to Trudeau

How about no tariffs, free trade, you have something like 270% rebate on our dairy

hopefully the ultimate goal is real free trade

Grin
loicuagio1979

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:27:52 AM

The auto industry is one the most vulnerable sectors because of its global business model. Trump administration will raise the prices of US-made cars, auto parts, trucks and probably reduce vehicle sales & potentially decelerate accessing to China, Asian, North America...There are several possible explanations for Donald Trump trade War but the most important factor is that Trump prefer local jobs protection to costs increase for consumers.
PandoraTV

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:43:43 AM

Trade wars are in fact wars and wars are typically a disaster for everybody involved. That's a lose/lose relation, usually nothing to gain for anyone.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:45:34 AM

US Will be the loser,if other countries start taxing US Goods. How about 20% taxes on Cokes,Pepsi,Microsoft,apple,lays,GE,Boeing,Tesla and all other American products ?

India has the worst reputation for tariffs on imports. 100% tariffs on imported cars, motorbikes etc.. Dominoes, coco cola are taxed as luxury items which makes them expensive and more..
mikan111

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 12:03:57 PM

Very true, I couldn't agree more!
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:12:06 PM

yeah sucks for us here

but the US is boomin

low unemployment
higher wages
GDP - just WOW
https://countryeconomy.com/gdp/usa
2% quarterly increase on GDP
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

Consumers will lose in any trade war. (When your leader sucks)

US winning at the moment

rest of the world needs to WAKE UP

Grin
joebrook

Activity: 630
Merit: 259

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:30:58 PM

yeah sucks for us here

but the US is boomin

low unemployment
higher wages
GDP - just WOW
https://countryeconomy.com/gdp/usa
2% quarterly increase on GDP
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

Consumers will lose in any trade war. (When your leader sucks)

US winning at the moment

rest of the world needs to WAKE UP

He is doing the exact thing that he promised the people who voted for him and they are loving it and though the liberals were quick to berate him for that, There is no negative effects to what he has done. He is doing everything great in America’s interest and it’s working.

BITVEST DICE
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Starfranko

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

CRYPTO SAVING FOR EVERYONE

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:22:50 AM

I think he's using everything at his disposal to bring America back to a pride of place among the comity of nation's. Some might see his actions and trade policies as war but they were part of his campaign promises

WWW.SAVEDROID.COM  - CRYPTO SAVING FOR EVERYONE - SIGN UP & STAY TUNED (https://www.savedroid.com)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.