Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW SCAM IN TOWN CALLED SELF-AIRDROP  (Read 167 times)
Leonardo7 (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:11:16 PM

I recently participated in some self airdrop howbeit with very little fund as low as $5 each by sending ETH and getting some tokens in turn.
I would later discovered that some deleted their social media accounts and eloped with funds. Some that did not run away made it to the exchange by promising huge airdrop to be voted for their listing. But would later dump and abandon the project thereby dashing investors hope.
I see that these new scam have no real project to execute but to just collect Ethereum and amass BTC at from the exchange.

Have you ever participated in any self-airdrop? I want to hear your view about the outcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Funmmi2

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:02:31 AM

I recently participated in some self airdrop howbeit with very little fund as low as $5 each by sending ETH and getting some tokens in turn.
I would later discovered that some deleted their social media accounts and eloped with funds. Some that did not run away made it to the exchange by promising huge airdrop to be voted for their listing. But would later dump and abandon the project thereby dashing investors hope.
I see that these new scam have no real project to execute but to just collect Ethereum and amass BTC at from the exchange.

Have you ever participated in any self-airdrop? I want to hear your view about the outcome.

I had a similar experience, I registered for an airdrop and waited patiently to receive during the distribution period,I received an email requesting me to send ETH graded in amount/airdrop.which I sent to the wallet.unfortunately till today I didn't receive anything. Since that day,I stopped self drop, as I cannot lose any more of my assets.
arthur305

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:09:03 AM

I have had that experience with a couple of airdrops in the past. Mostly they are just worthless and hardly get into an exchange because basically they are scam.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:11:24 AM

If someone asks to send ETH to an address and promises an "airdrop" in return, it is clearly a scam. Airdrops are free, you don't pay for them. Plus it is really easy to pull out. Crypto is full of scam attempts, every day. You need to be very careful and never send funds, or give your private keys, for an "airdrop". Even if you invest in token sales, you need to do your due diligence to avoid scams.
Donned

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:12:38 AM

Almost 99% of airdrops that send ETH to an address are fraudulent.
So don't trust any of these airdrops.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:13:21 AM

Yes i see lot of self airdrop now and im one of the people who have been scammed by shit developers. But not all self airdrop are scammed because i see some legit coin that has a big income.
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:49:51 AM

lately i often get email like that, called them self-airdrop and i never want to join that, because im scared they are a phising site that want to hack us wallet.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
etin06

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:56:04 AM

Some even ask you for your private key to help check if you are actually the real owner of the wallet.  Some even design a site where you choose username and password alot of people will use same password that use for their email and they will get hacked at the end of the day.
fritzvillarin

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:57:00 AM

I've participated this in the past . I was shocked in one airdrop, it consumed 5 usd  just to drop it in my wallet.  I stop participating this self drop airdrop.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:17:48 AM

If you have to pay for airdrops, then that's obviously a big red flag. I am personally not a fan of random airdrops. If a project is really good, then only apply for its airdrop, otherwise it's just time and energy waste. We will have to shed our greed and ignore such stupid projects, then only we can have a safe and evolving crypto environment.

hides120

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:24:09 AM

I think airdrops are worthless. I participated in many and did not give me coins. I think these scammers should ban the use of forums.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:29:52 AM

Aitdrops are simply marketing tactic, I never took part in the airdrop that focued on users to send their money first as whenever I see this it sounds scammy and physhy for me from the first moment I hear about it. It is always risky to take part with airdrops as many ICOs use this as their fuel to keep the community up and running by asking you to sign up to their social channels and groups. Heck even giving them email address could easily result in your email being sold to 3rd party.... Honestly if you want to earn crypto it is much better to LEARN some SKILL and offer a valuble service to others as with this way you become better and thus can earn more. Leave airdrops as they often are not even paying at the end. Once I tried them and half of them paid so I quit, they are not worth my time.
Temmy007

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:31:55 AM

This is not new anyone, I don't know why people fall for this scam, when I was still a newbie, I would never had fall for this scam, I think it greediness why people do it
ll63248555

Activity: 347
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:34:37 AM

There are scams everywhere in this circle! The most important reason is the lack of regulation! We hope that people with prestige can set up a regulatory review institution to safeguard our interests!
liberty02

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:00:25 AM

I haven't participated in any, but it is good  that I read this thread. It gave me good insights on this new Airdrop way. I also agree that if someone is asking for you to give them money or tokens first then it is a scam or they are phishing for your information, the air drop that I participated is free and as all airdrop should be, we help spread the word and in return they give us shares of the new coin that is what an airdrop for me is supposed to be.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:04:46 AM

This isn't a new scam, there were existing the same projects before that are doing it. Is this the first time you've got into this trouble? Most of these tokens are only making money from the people that are not aware of this scheme.
I never participated on it but I've seen tons of complains like yours.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hoho29

Activity: 145

HalommmmE is my LOVE

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:05:20 AM

I will never go with these kind of airdrop because it is a clear scam using old easy way so better to find trustable airdrop project with good team behind and strong active community then you may think to join for free just to do marketing through social media or bitcointalk .
Lesson learned : Never pay for airdrop or ICOs .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
mamarried

Activity: 260

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:16:40 PM

As for me this is so obvious, I would never send anybody any amount of money in order to get back something bigger this is so obvious scam...
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:18:15 PM

I have personally stopped doing airdrops as most of them are useless or scam tokens without any exchange or value, initially i was very excited about all these airdrops but soon i realized that they do not worth anything so i should skip them.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: