Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea - Global e-payment exchange with orderbook  (Read 323 times)
Serpens66 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:51:05 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 05:06:43 PM by Serpens66

Hi,

I wonder why such a thing does not exist yet (or does it?).

An exchange where people can place orders in an orderbook to exchange for example AdvCash USD for OKPAY USD or for Wire Transfer and so on.
For now I can only imagine a centralized way, were users sends funds first to this service, but maybe there is also a decentralized solution, I don't know (maybe Waves can do this?).

There are already plenty of shady websites out there, which will do the exchange at a fixed rate for a high fee and you send funds first. This is very expensive, very iliquid and very dangerous because of hundred of scammers.

It would be much better to have a real exchange, like bitcoin exchanges, but for these kind of e-payment currencies and with orderbook, so everyone can participate.
This way we could create on big and liquid place to exchange. Also bitcoin exchanges will profit from this. Exchanges like Exmo and others are always adjusting their deposit/withdrawal fee. Exmo has a 4% deposit fee on most e-payment deposits, because they hold too much money in these accounts and they can't exchange it savely.

So this is a very big market.

Please tell me there are some guys out there that would develop such a place.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:21:53 AM

I understand you idea,but most of the e-payment websites have nasty chargeback policies.
The creators of such e-payment exchange will have to cover all the chargeback risks and their fees would become too expensive.We can`t compare such service with the cryptocurrency exchange services,because crypto transactions are irreversible.
I don`t think there`s a way to get thru the chargeback rules.

Kramblerty

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:43:46 PM

Hi,

I wonder why such a thing does not exist yet (or does it?).

An exchange where people can place orders in an orderbook to exchange for example AdvCash USD for OKPAY USD or for Wire Transfer and so on.
For now I can only imagine a centralized way, were users sends funds first to this service, but maybe there is also a decentralized solution, I don't know (maybe Waves can do this?).

There are already plenty of shady websites out there, which will do the exchange at a fixed rate for a high fee and you send funds first. This is very expensive, very iliquid and very dangerous because of hundred of scammers.

It would be much better to have a real exchange, like bitcoin exchanges, but for these kind of e-payment currencies and with orderbook, so everyone can participate.
This way we could create on big and liquid place to exchange. Also bitcoin exchanges will profit from this. Exchanges like Exmo and others are always adjusting their deposit/withdrawal fee. Exmo has a 4% deposit fee on most e-payment deposits, because they hold too much money in these accounts and they can't exchange it savely.

So this is a very big market.

Please tell me there are some guys out there that would develop such a place.

Yes, there is a P2P exchange like you describe, with order books for getting an actionable price for any cryptoasset. Check this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3253647.msg33884473#msg33884473
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: