Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:35:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Dub - A Lightweight Client for Digitalcoin  (Read 4407 times)
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:37:36 PM

Developer: ShimalH
Re-posted From: http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,773.0.html

Dub is a lightweight Digitalcoin client based upon MultiBit. Dub stands for Digitalcoin Hub (more on that later) I initally got the idea for it a while before I began work on Coinmart. When I was not working on Coinmart I continued my work on Dub as a side project.

Here are some quick facts:

• Dub is the first lightweight wallet that supports a cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin.
  • No other cryptocurrency, not even Litecoin, has a lightweight wallet
  • The platform which it runs on, digitalcoinj, is only the third Java implementation of a cryptocurrency's protocol after Bitcoin and Litecoin

Download Links

Windows : https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9dpm21am3bgpt3/dub-0.1-windows-setup.exe
Mac : https://www.dropbox.com/s/lq4p14h18n6rw9q/dub-exe.jar
Linux : https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg2qqsvxrg5osfb/dub-0.1-linux.jar

Here's a screenshot of how Dub looks :

If you find any bugs or errors let me know

digitalcoinj

digitalcoinj is a Java implementation of the Digitalcoin protocol which allows it to maintain a wallet and send/receive transactions without needing a local copy of the official implementation. digitalcoinj is a port of litecoinj and bitcoinj to work with the Digitalcoin protocol. You can find the source code for digitalcoinj here : https://github.com/ShimalH/digitalcoinj

More Info

Coinmart will be integrated with Dub allowing you purchase items directly from your wallet. We have pushed Coinmart's launch date to 1 March to facilitate this feature
There currently is a 0.3% transaction fee. This will only be active for the next few months while we work on new features for Dub
I have contracted another external developer to help me work on Dub while the rest of the development team work on Coinmart.

Future Features

I mentioned earlier that I wanted Dub to be more of a Digitalcoin Hub rather than just a wallet. These are just some of the features which we hope to add to Dub in the near future to make it more of a hub.

Decentralized Exchange - This is a big one, we are currently in the concept phase. One of the big problems with the concept of a decentralized exchange has been how to track wheter a user has completed the transfer of a fiat currency. We believed we've solved that problem by proposing to integrate a payment gateway directly into each Dub client. The only problem is that we would have to develop the payment gateway ourselves which will be a very time consuming task.

Lotto - Another feature in the concept phase. I'm sure many if not all of you have taken the lotto at some point. Well if you can do it with USD or any other fiat currency why not with Digitalcoin? Users would pay an amount around 50 DGC for an e-ticket. The 50 DGC will then be added to a decentralized jackpot (small sums of Digitalcoins will be distributed out to each client, but will be inaccessible by the users themselves) Your chances of winning increases with the number of e-tickets you've bought. A winner will be picked at random by the system and will win the jackpot.

Integrated P2P Pool & Mining This feature has been requested a lot. GUIminer-Scrypt will be integrated into Dub along with a P2P pool. The Pool would be integrated directly into Dub meaning that rewards would show up automatically in the user's wallet.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:01:07 PM

hey baritus, i only have one question. will this work on a machine without java installed? I love the design, its nice and clean and is a refreshing contrast to the plain gray look of a windows qt.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ShimalH

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:53:24 PM

hey baritus, i only have one question. will this work on a machine without java installed? I love the design, its nice and clean and is a refreshing contrast to the plain gray look of a windows qt.

Dub requires Java to be installed for it to work, however if the installer detects that Java is not installed it will give you the option to download it.

ShareCoin : SStrk8BCdBkbANHHbwGrU293qivEY2HEiy
r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:19:32 PM

Dub requires Java to be installed for it to work, however if the installer detects that Java is not installed it will give you the option to download it.

ah, i was afraid that was the case. Good work on this, and i will not insult your work at all, but i will not be installing or using this for the simple reason alone that it requires installation of java Sad . there is just something about the invasiveness of Oracle that annoys me to no end, and i refuse to install/download their products.

perhaps you might find a way to package this software with a jre in a future update. then i'd be very interested, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way. i'll give you props though, atleast you aren't just distributing a jar like some people i know *cough cough* emunie

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ShimalH

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:13:18 PM

Alternative download links to the opening post can be found in this thread on the Digitalcoin Forums :

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,773.msg4965.html#msg4965

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 05:35:57 PM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/2/3/dub-digitalcoin-lightweight-desktop-application

Small article for this project!
eqmbap

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

Another amazing digitalcoin project finished with success. Great, thanks for making this! Smiley
jbmiller10

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:36:12 PM

ShimalH really did some incredible work with this client. From both a design and functionality perspective it blows every other alt-coin client I've seen out of the water. The DGC blockchain loads in a fraction of the time of the "full" client, and I really like the ability to load multiple wallet.dat's into the client. Without a doubt this will be my primary DGC client from here on out.

Thanks for all your hard work, this is truly a game-changer for DGC!

I go by threestar most places.
Join us in the Digitalcoin Chatroom!
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:15:55 PM

ShimalH really did some incredible work with this client. From both a design and functionality perspective it blows every other alt-coin client I've seen out of the water. The DGC blockchain loads in a fraction of the time of the "full" client, and I really like the ability to load multiple wallet.dat's into the client. Without a doubt this will be my primary DGC client from here on out.

Wow,  guess I'll have to try it out then!
r3wt

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:20:52 PM

i wish someone would release a version with the Java Runtime Env. packeaged in the executable. that would be awesome.

ShimalH

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:23:33 PM

i wish someone would release a version with the Java Runtime Env. packeaged in the executable. that would be awesome.
I'm will be releasing a new version this Saturday with the Java Runtime Environment packaged with the .exe file

r3wt

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:27:32 PM

I'm will be releasing a new version this Saturday with the Java Runtime Environment packaged with the .exe file

You are awesome! got a donation address(BTC)??

ShimalH

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:39:04 PM

You are awesome! got a donation address(BTC)??

This is my BTC Address : 1AQfZMMgFB5wwmFSYP4CwWMvyTvHa4WPeH  Smiley Just take a look on the Digitalcoin Forums (or in this thread) on Saturday evening for the updated version.

cryptmebro

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:50:51 PM

Baritus = Satoshi (although I don't expect a disappearing act)
Shimal = Gavin
DGC = BTC
thejepper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:05:49 PM

really cool, nice interface as as well.

Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:10:39 PM

My new main client. Thank you! Very easy and stylish

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
norti

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:42:03 PM

It is a fantastic project and I think it really marks another milestone for DGC.
I have found a few display bugs on my Mac, but as this is still a very early version I am very positive that those will be cleaned out at some point. Will wait for the update on Saturday and then check again. Smiley
cryptmebro

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:17:11 AM

So what else do you have on the back-burner for us Shimal? Smiley
ShimalH

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:54:54 AM

So what else do you have on the back-burner for us Shimal? Smiley