Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:31:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can someone or a government link you to your bitcoin ?  (Voting closed: June 20, 2018, 11:47:52 PM)
No - Never - it is anonymous - 10 (29.4%)
No - Never - it is pseudo annonymous - 3 (8.8%)
No - Never - it has segwit enabled - 1 (2.9%)
Yes - through the nodes - 3 (8.8%)
Yes - it is pseudo anonymous so if you are not careful it can be revealed - 15 (44.1%)
Yes - through GPS in the bitcoin wallet code - 1 (2.9%)
Yes - your identity is always revealed - 1 (2.9%)
Yes - it has segwit enabled - 0 (0%)
Yes - Bitmain planted a backdoor - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone find out that you own bitcoin ?  (Read 783 times)
Marie33

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:18:09 AM

I was following a thread and was amused by some of the answers. I'm interested to see how much people know.
i think it is not, except if we told that someone about we have bitcoin. even there are transaction, it will not show who is the owner of the address. even in market you will need paper from law enforcer to get info from someone's account

Your opinion is the same as mine, it is impossible for a person's identity to be recognized just that he is talking about bitcoin. although visible address on the transaction I think it will be difficult to find the identity of the owner
  For no because if you own bitcoin there is a protection or password to protect your account.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:52:55 AM

Bitcoin should be anonymous. But there are many ways to get the data of the trader.
Our identity can be revealed if the Government requests the KYC data to the Exchanger.
And this, probably already happened if the government Want to do it.
It would be hard finding out who owns a certain address because of the complex blockchain technology but I do believe that if someone put two and two together, he might somehow find a way to know who owns specific addresses. With alliance and legal arrangement, @dimastegar is right that the KYC can be used. We are attracted to using and earning cryptos because of the anonymity it provides but I do really think that no matter how much we think that we are secured, we are still not because of the internet.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
makatia

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:27:00 AM

I think I can not find it
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:29:48 AM

no bitcoin will still remain anonymous no one will know who the owner of the bitcoin is and it seems the government will never be able to control the circulation of bitcoin.
adekunleoyediran

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:28:50 AM

there is no way that can be determind via blockchain technology
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:18:52 AM

Yes it is very easy to find out if you own a bitcoin. Your computer might have a problem or virus and another one is that where your isp and not using some security

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:19:38 AM

no bitcoin will still remain anonymous no one will know who the owner of the bitcoin is and it seems the government will never be able to control the circulation of bitcoin.
Even if we're anonymous mate, somebody will find out the coins that we have through blockchain info. The government couldn't control bitcoin but they can regulate the transfers and exchanges of digital currency to local fiat. Same as what other countries did, every application for their wallet sites has to deal with strong validation as part of their kyc requirements.
demoltion

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:24:08 AM

I think it's impossible for people to know the bitcoin funds we have, and even then if we talk about it we have bitcoin
looterrific

Activity: 63
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:42:01 AM

Yes - it is pseudo anonymous so if you are not careful it can be revealed
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:00:11 PM

i think as long as you dont tell any peoples that you have a bitcoin wallet address, they cant know if you have a bitcoin.
and if you have exchange address that required your identity to use, they can track your address.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Vart4varta

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:17:39 PM

The whole transaction history is transparent. It is stored in so-called blockhouses, where anyone can see how many bitcoins you have in your account and what operations you have performed. But to know who owns the account, it is impossible (if you do not decide to specify it).
hides120

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:24:18 PM

I think it is impossible. Unless you tell someone else. Or maybe your internet device has a virus. Otherwise no one can know that you own Bitcoin. No one can control your wallet.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:26:07 PM

Bitcoin should be anonymous. But there are many ways to get the data of the trader.
Our identity can be revealed if the Government requests the KYC data to the Exchanger.
And this, probably already happened if the government Want to do it.
It would be hard finding out who owns a certain address because of the complex blockchain technology but I do believe that if someone put two and two together, he might somehow find a way to know who owns specific addresses. With alliance and legal arrangement, @dimastegar is right that the KYC can be used. We are attracted to using and earning cryptos because of the anonymity it provides but I do really think that no matter how much we think that we are secured, we are still not because of the internet.

KYC can only be used when you purchase coins from services that require this.
I don't think they can just share that data freely with anyone, but accidents do happen.

I think it's more likely that you yourself tie your address to your identity.
Especially when you re-use your addresses a lot.

microbb8

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:38:28 PM

If a person does not comply with all requirements for protection from surveillance, this can be computed. But if a person is cautious, it is more difficult to calculate.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:48:36 PM

It all depends on how you treat bitcoin, if you only use 1 bitcoin address for all activities, then that person can track who owns the wallet, but this is very rare. Better to use blockchain.info to get random bitcoin addresses so people can not trace the address.

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:53:34 PM

Well it hard to know how much some one have in his/her wallet's but the fact still remain that some people are good at hacking into any wallet using software that enable them to access and know how much balance is left in an account but that is possible with the help of some information about the said wallet.
ahmedbrown

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:03:04 PM

Its possible for your internet provider to know what are the sites you visited mostly but its not possible to reveal how many of coins you have in your wallets or rather what transactions goes on in your wallet unless they have access to your private key.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:00:38 PM

I don't think anyone can find out that you own Bitcoin without you either mentioning it to them or them coming across something related to Bitcoin in your laptop or mobile. But the government organizations can easily find out if you own Bitcoin if you have bought it from an exchange.

alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:14:56 PM

no never.. no one will come to know that you have bitcoins... i dont see any other option how you are traceable that you have bitcoins..

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:19:36 PM

i think yes if you provide your secret keys but without this no one can see your bitcoin and no one will know that u own bitcoin.
bitcoin is anonymous.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: