Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:25:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that a whale moved 8k BTC?  (Read 1596 times)
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:13:08 AM

Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.

Well it is indeed true that a wahle or a large investor can manipulate the price of bitcoin by simply selling their invesment or coin in bitcoin , however bitcoin gain so much strong reputation and that is the reasn why there are a lot of whales in bitcoin. Yes bitcoin has a lot of whales , dont be panic just because you're thinking that the whale may or might sell all their investment just to be safe, In fact in the first place, why does the whale would sell their investment? and why are there still a lot of whales in bitcoin? because they are confident that bitcoin's price or bitcoin itself has a great future, dont panic just because of the news around us, just try to validate it first before making any mover because if you dont , youre making a huge mistake

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:19:53 AM

even if it is true that what happens to the crypto currency is a game from the pope I think it will not affect the level of confidence that is owned by investors to continue to invest in bitcoin. because I see though there is some news about the price manipulation of the pope but to this day bitcoin still has a great existence.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:30:45 AM

Is 8000 BTC large enough to move the price down? Ask yourself that before all of you start to succumb to the FUD.

With that said, it is better to study and research the strongest during a bear market to prepare investing in them during a bull market. I recommend Burst.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:00:55 AM

I'm not so interested in the issues in circulation, if you are an investor you should not think about the price up / down, is not that common every year, I also hear there are groups / or people who auction 60000 pieces of btc, make the price down.
That is the basic point. If you are a trader or investor, why to go for such news? Brothers you better known in the world of bitcoin, either prices are up or down, there is a benefit hidden for you always. You are just to go and fetch that up for you and make your life better. Now prices are down, so don’t just be sad and sit down with much worries, no, rather just buy up more bitcoin.
molenracing

Activity: 199
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:36:25 AM

Do not be easily affected by the news that is not clear the truth, we should still be patient with this reality, if there is a whale who moved 8,000 BTC, and make the price fall. we let it go, we do not have to panic and follow-up selling our Bitcoin, which will cause the price to go down as bitcoin supply increases. keep calm, hopefully the price recovered.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:44:07 AM

That is why we small investors should buy more anx hold on to our coins! For one thing, this prevents whales from ever swooping in and shorting the market whenever they want. We also must not be one of thosr people who sold their holdings when the market dips even for a bit. Ifnthis true or not true, it is a reality that whales control cryptos.

darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:02:44 PM

Let's assume that's true. What is the impact of 8000BTC on 17,086,500BTC?
Honestly, this is not the most influential factor in the price, but I think there is a big manipulation going on in the price.
The price rose wildly last year and without any signs of it.
It sure do have a lot of impact when it is not done over the counter and it is rather done on an exchange which was the reason the MtGox sell off was so easy to get the market running down pretty fast around last year that almost led to some fear in the market. The liquidity in these exchanges may not be enough to help with all these and selling a huge amount all at once will simply affect the value.

You need to understand that not all the coins in circulation are on exchange. However, like you have said there may be several other reasons which this that you mentioned may be a part of it.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:24:46 PM

Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.Is that true?What do you think? If it's true I consider it to be a big problem as we clearly see that whales manipulate the market easily which is harmful.

With wide eyes open I am sure there is no such news coming out of the market. I cant even read it over the forum except the thread only. If Whale moved it then there should have been someone who caught the transaction coming and also if there was sell made for that big amount then surely there would have been another proof of its sell. But nothing like that can be seen here. Though they moved it then it doesn't 100% makes us sure that they have sold it or going to do so. Who knows they might just wanna transfer it within the voucher to give to someone or it could be exchanger address itself who moved it to their repository or something similar.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:36:25 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2018, 02:23:30 PM by RamonBTC

In our personal view 8000 BTC is huge number to be worried about, but it is just a small portion of market numbers that is almost 18 mil in circulation. So whales, exchanges or user can transfer anytime in any bitcoin wallet would not affect it, but only in times when they’re is a sold out in this magnitude. A transfer of coins on one account to another won’t change the numbers on chart until it is exchange or cashed out.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:50:06 PM

Hello,
What makes you think that big amount like 8k bitcoin was just Moved to a exchange will make the market down?ofcourse this will not affect the movement of market because this was only movement not withdrawing means same amount of coins will be in circulation.

What affect the market is the panicked people that getting nervous anytime something like this happen,but this seems to be a fake news
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:31:58 AM

Hello,
I heard that there is a whale that moved 8k BTC to an exchange and that what caused the price to go down in addition of Stop-Losses being triggered.
Unusual signs of yesterday may open the door to an unexpected up / down trend. Typically, each sign produces a prolonged reaction. But yesterday's trading volume was up / down very fast and there were signs of repeat. I suspect that it can not be determined right now. but also a reason to be skeptical.
Nothing can be determined but it was somehow obvious that the sell off yesterday may have been as a result of that but it is still all pure speculation but the thing with these whole kind of news is that it affects the market pretty fast and this is the main reason why we keep talking about the level of volatility of this market that everyone should understand but does not mean it is the end of the world and I believe the Gox fever is still in a lot of people considering how the sell off by the MtGox trustee has been like.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:07:43 AM

Hello,

This is, and has been, a problem with crypto especially bitcoin for the past few years. After the Mt. Gox scandal there have been individuals that are in control the large sums of BTC people had. Sad thing is, until they do so, bitcoin won't be able to grow much because people will fear that those people can so easily manipulate market price. The good thing is, they will eventually run out of bitcoins to manipulate the market with. They've been doing this market crash thing for quite some time now and hopefully they will have had enough.
A really big problem and one that has been affecting a lot of trader's mentality which about some months ago claimed how unhappy they were with the selloff.

However, all these kind of stuffs are easy to see happen in a market where a lot of people are holding a huge amount of bitcoin and the market cap is also pretty much low as well and until we start seeing a huge market in our hands before we would really start seeing some difference.

MtGox issue has really been a problem and maybe once he is done selling, there would be some relaxed feelings in the market to help with growth.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:35:24 AM

Hello,
Since the incidence of the MtGox sell off, a lot of uncertainty and fear has been generated in the market and because of that a huge amount of bitcoin being moved in the market somehow can actually generate some fear in a way among traders or investors which could cause a panic sell and then we get to see the value being driven down. I still believe this is affecting the market psychologically until all those coins are fully sold out of the market.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:37:36 AM

Hello,

No, a whale didn't do that. It is the people like you that have the prices fall. The panicking, the fear. That's what the prices is going down because of people who are afraid like you.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:30:53 AM

I believe that there are three main reasons why the bitcoin rate fell. The basis for the current correction of bitcoin formed a number of factors, in particular:
• Lack of trading volumes in the market of crypto currency in recent months.
• Loss of interest and disappointment of retail investors in the sector's prospects.
• The unequivocal position of regulators towards the development of strict rules, which are expected by large capital.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:40:52 AM

Hello,

what dictates the price of bitcoin is not by whales selling their assets, it is the wave they create, meaning, the trend they have created, those panic sellers are the ones whom we should blame, obviously, whales are not the biggest problem, those little traders that panics everytime they heard news about whales who sold a huge amount then they tend to sell as quickly as possible. thus creatind a trend because we all know there are millions of little traders rather than big whales, one move by the big whales are nothing compared to millions of users who sell altogether at the same time.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
yuukireit

Activity: 157
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:50:25 AM

i think there is no whale who directly dump all of their BTC, but if someone that account being hacekd will also doing that, the whale is not a dumb person that letting all off their money get away easy like that, they looking the price in the future
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:06:21 AM

Whales were the one who got the ability to manipulate the market. At times moving a bulk volumes of bitcoin happens and this is quite common thing. People have known about it, and to the whales have the ability to shake the market to some extent. When the market is manipulated the panic prevailing around the new investors will hardly affect the growth.
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:04:08 AM

Hello,
We can not avoid it, especially because the price of bitcoins depends on the demand and the amount of investors investing in it. This is harmful but when many people invest in bitcoins even small or large we will defeat the whales who manipulate the market.

coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:27:41 AM

whales actions are unknown and this 8000 btc transfer mostly a fud created to misguide the investors and dump the coins nt to trust in this news as it is created for panic selling mostly
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: