Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:50:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To whom should I complain about the Administrator? TO NO ONE??  (Read 1041 times)
flysuperhigh (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:20:11 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 04:53:44 AM by flysuperhigh

I have a problem with another account of mine:

☛ The Administrator BANNED ME FROM POSTING in the forum.

☛ The Administrator BANNED ME FROM SENDING MESSAGES to other people.

☛ The Administrator DID NOT SPECIFY ANY REASON for the ban.

☛ The Administrador DOES NOT ANSWER MY E-MAILS.

Then what should I do?

He bans me without specifying a reason and when I contact him he does not reach me back.

Then what should I do?

>>>>>>>> Cross my arms and wait??? <<<<<<<<

I did infringe one rule, that's true, but it was small and I already apologized and commited to fix my mistake, it will never happen again.

But I need my account and I don't know how long I will be banned, if days, weeks or forever.

I'm sorry for posting this here but you left me with no other option.

To whom should I complain about the Administrator?
>>>>>>>> To an inferior moderator? <<<<<<<<

There's no one else to complain to.

I know the Administrator must be a very busy man, but please could you lift my ban?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:35:55 AM

If Theymos himself banned you, you are pretty well screwed. If a Moderator bans you, an Admin can give the ban a second look using their own judgement. If their judgment banned you in the first place, you are probably done.
flysuperhigh (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:00:56 AM

Quote from: SaltySpitoon
If Theymos himself banned you, you are pretty well screwed. If a Moderator bans you, an Admin can give the ban a second look using their own judgement. If their judgment banned you in the first place, you are probably done.
Well I don't know who banned me, but I assumed it was Theymos because the e-mail address I was given to appel contains @theymos.e4ward.com . Now that you mentioned could have been a moderator as well.

I deserved to be punished because I infringed a rule, however what really pissed me off is that no one gave me any explanation or answered my e-mails, and I apologized and ensured it would never happen again.

I did something wrong, but at least I recognized it and wanted to work on it.

Please keep that in mind and consider it. What do you say?
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:07:07 AM

Well I don't know who banned me, but I assumed it was Theymos because the e-mail address I was given to appel contains @theymos.e4ward.com . Now that you mentioned could have been a moderator as well.

I deserved to be punished because I infringed a rule, however what really pissed me off is that no one gave me any explanation or answered my e-mails, and I apologized and ensured it would never happen again.

Owner of forum makes the rules. His sandbox, he allows you to play, he does not have to.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:12:21 AM

Well I don't know who banned me, but I assumed it was Theymos because the the e-mail address I was given to appel was contains @theymos.e4ward.com . Now that you mentioned could have been a moderator as well.

Theymos is the only one who can do ban appeals such as the contact info you were given when banned. It really depends on a variety of things as to how much warning you get. If you accidentally spam a bit, you will get your posts deleted and warned. If you spam 57 replies in an hour window, you aren't getting a warning. If your account was a newbie you are shown a tad less consideration than someone who has been around for 2 years and made a one time slip up.

Honestly, I'm glad that you recognize your mistake and did whatever you did to fix it, you get bonus points, but to be frank with you, if it was a global moderator that banned you unless there are extraordinary circumstances or it was a mistake that the moderator acknowledges, your chances at an appeal are realitively slim. If it was indeed Theymos himself, there is very little to no chance at an appeal.

Now while ban evasion is also against the rules and I wouldn't condone it (you are fine doing what you did making a new account to post here) if it really was a small mistake that you have rectified, for a non serious offense, you are probably alright to just use your new account.
flysuperhigh (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:08:14 AM

Thank you for your feedback SaltySpoon!

Actually all I did was to start two new threads about different subjects and write a line in the end of them promoting my other thread. That's spam, but very small I guess, not something the Admininstrator would worry about.

I have just PMed you with the banned account name, maybe you are able to check its status.

If you reply to this thread please don't post the banned account's username.

Thanks!
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:51:37 AM

Thank you for your feedback SaltySpoon!

Actually all I did was to start two new threads about different subjects and write a line in the end of them promoting my other thread. That's spam, but very small I guess, not something the Admininstrator would worry about.

I have just PMed you with the banned account name, maybe you are able to check its status.

If you reply to this thread please don't post the banned account's username.

Thanks!
I have never heard of someone being baneed for that. There was probably another reason to it besides just that slight spam.

Forever strong.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 07:01:06 AM

Maybe this isn't a "two strikes you're out" game.  Maybe you only get one chance to follow the rules, and if you fail, you're done.

Theymos is far too busy to interact with people who have shown they cannot follow rules.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:20:39 AM

I have found it extremely difficult to get banned off this forum for no reason and believe me there are forums I've signed up on and I get banned in what felt like five seconds just for making comments oversensitive people didn't like or getting banned for even less than that. Judging by the fact that your pretty obnoxious in your posting style ( lots of bold text and big lettering doesn't encourage people to respond it just annoys them ) I can only assume you must have been doing some kind of crappy spamming and now you've gone and made a second account to get around your ban.

That's just from what I've observed so far, I don't know all the details as their has been internet drama with Theymos in the past but overall I find it hard to believe people get permanently banned off this forum for anything but spamming or virus posting these days, I can only conclude if you got banned and I haven't been banned you must have done something pretty stupid on the forum.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:22:08 AM

my questions to the OP.. does it really matter, it's an interent formus.  Undecided

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 01:43:04 PM

Just another spammer.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=217858

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:14:09 PM

Ah yes, I thought the posting style looked familiar, I reported him awhile back.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:20:12 PM

Ah yes, I thought the posting style looked familiar, I reported him awhile back.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:22:27 PM

You should ban his IP.
flysuperhigh (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:02:59 PM

Quote from: BadBear
Just another spammer.
You are being very unfair. Please lift my ban.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:38:43 PM

I still don't know why people get banned, I mean I am still here and never got banned. If you get banned from Theymos you must have screwed up or was just spamming in general.

People may not like you, but in reality, if you aren't a newbie who's first 10 posts are complete and utter spam, its hard as hell to get banned unless you are trying. If they don't like your opinions, they can get over it.

The account would still be banned, the small Bitcoin fee is to un IP ban people, for example people that want to use a Tor Node that has been IP banned because of another user can pay the small fee to have their IP taken off of the ban list. Its not to make money, the logic behind it is that people that are making hundreds of accounts to spam behind Tor wont want to pay the hundreds of fees involved, while for anyone else the fee is incredibly minimal, something that you could make from using the faucets.
some1

Activity: 364

667 one more than the devil

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:00:59 PM

I have a problem with another account of mine:

☛ The Administrator BANNED ME FROM POSTING in the forum.

☛ The Administrator BANNED ME FROM SENDING MESSAGES to other people.

☛ The Administrator DID NOT SPECIFY ANY REASON for the ban.

☛ The Administrador DOES NOT ANSWER MY E-MAILS.

Then what should I do?

He bans me without specifying a reason and when I contact him he does not reach me back.

Then what should I do?

>>>>>>>> Cross my arms and wait??? <<<<<<<<

I did infringe one rule, that's true, but it was small and I already apologized and commited to fix my mistake, it will never happen again.

But I need my account and I don't know how long I will be banned, if days, weeks or forever.

I'm sorry for posting this here but you left me with no other option.

To whom should I complain about the Administrator?
>>>>>>>> To an inferior moderator? <<<<<<<<

There's no one else to complain to.

I know the Administrator must be a very busy man, but please could you lift my ban?

Thanks!

tell god about this

or find someone who hacks the forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: