Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to do with unclaimed NXTs when comunity cannot reach consensus?  (Voting closed: March 09, 2014, 05:12:19 PM)
Send them into genesis. - 8 (17.4%)
Distribute them to all accounts older than 1st February 2014 and have less than 10K NXTs. - 38 (82.6%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Resort for Unclaimed NXTs  (Read 919 times)
ChuckOne (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:12:19 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:57:57 PM by ChuckOne

Till 18th of March, the NXT community needs to reach consensus on how to prevent destroying unclaimed coins.

CIYAM Open proposed the following distribution:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4895108#msg4895108

How YOU can help:
1) Please vote on the option you take for the most appropriate solution. (Remember, this is the last resort option, the coins will be sent to genesis if this poll cannot reach consensus either.)

2) Contribute to the discussion AND more importantly try to make comprises. Consensus is important in order to prevent destroying the unclaimed coins and therefore utilizing them for e.g. marketing, development etc. (Remember, it's enough available, DON'T BE GREEDY. Do it for NXT not for your personal image.) Contribute here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445209.0

***EDIT***
It would be ~500NXTs to be distributed if option 2 wins and the committee solution (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445209.0) fails.
tasorrog

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

LE HAPPY MERCHANT

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:16:42 PM

"Distribute them to all accounts older than 1st February 2014 and have less than 10K NXTs"
sounds fair, to give it to the ones who where on to it for a long time and give them a reward for it(but rather have the ones who joined before 2014) Smiley
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:16:48 PM

This proposed solution is dumb.

Should we rather give like 100 nxt to all nxters or actually build great marketing that has made the price skyrocket so far? It's not even a question that should require an answer.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:23:07 PM

Should we rather give like 100 nxt to all nxters or actually build great marketing that has made the price skyrocket so far? It's not even a question that should require an answer.

We will find another solution, relax. Committee will get the NXT.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445209.0
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:24:44 PM

I am relaxed, I am just flabbergasted by the fact that this is still the thinking in the community.
We tried to form a committee weeks ago and then the main solution was "LETS BURN THE NXT Cheesy" and this time it's "LETS JUST SPRAY IT RANDOMLY"

I just simply cannot wrap my head around how this is the consensus of our community.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:26:54 PM

I am relaxed, I am just flabbergasted by the fact that this is still the thinking in the community.
We tried to form a committee weeks ago and then the main solution was "LETS BURN THE NXT Cheesy" and this time it's "LETS JUST SPRAY IT RANDOMLY"

I just simply cannot wrap my head around how this is the consensus of our community.

This is a "what íf" poll. Just in case the community truly can't reach consensus on what to do with it.
I am fairly sure it will be spent on projects instead.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:29:39 PM

I retract my previous statement after some thought.

There is a good chance this poll will create some wishful thinking and afterwards resentment when we dó spend it all :/

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:30:39 PM

There is a good chance this poll will create some wishful thinking and afterwards resentment when we dó spend it all :/

Yea and the fact that these are the "solutions" instead of actually having understodo that marketing is the way to go by now is just scary by itself in my opinion.
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:37:26 PM

Yea and the fact that these are the "solutions" instead of actually having understodo that marketing is the way to go by now is just scary by itself in my opinion.

I don't agree with that, but that doesn't matter.
We all have different views on what is important. Marketing is one, dev another etc.

I'm basically against waste of coins. This poll however will probably get people thinking they are assured of "free Nxt" and if we fail to deliver because we have actually spent them on developing Nxt in whatever way, we'll get the whole "unfair" discussion all over again...

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 05:40:08 PM

We all have different views on what is important. Marketing is one, dev another etc.

I'm basically against waste of coins. This poll however will probably get people thinking they are assured of "free Nxt" and if we fail to deliver because we have actually spent them on developing Nxt in whatever way, we'll get the whole "unfair" discussion all over again...

I agree....this option should be removed.

GreenDude

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:05:13 PM

There is still 2 months left. And a few guys in panic/rush are trying to make everyone choose between 2 bad ideas. There is a lot of capable people and great minds here who could make big things with those funds. Only thinking about those options is underestimate many people's capabilities.  relax! All this rush in a couple of hours on a sunday? mmm
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:53:24 PM

yes but we already got 7million NXT for development. Is 2.8 million really that much for marketing? I think not
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: