Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:54:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: risk in hodling and trading strategy  (Read 26394 times)
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:26:06 AM

Being an hodler is risky when you are hodling a new token i think,being an hodler of a established coin like ETH,LTC,WAVES,BCC,BTC is alot safer because they are on the business for a long time already and showing good prices and improvements.There still a risk but just a small one.But risk on being a hodler is so much compared to being just a trader

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_Django05_

Activity: 403
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 09:10:56 AM

thats why its suggested that we only invest what we can afford to loose because hodling is a risky game and its advisable to choose the coin wisely.
Of course we all know that. "Invest what you can afford to lose".
you didnt loose money once the market start to decline but as long as you still hodl your coins  .
yeah good point. If the market goes bear, you'll lose the original value of your investment that's why sometimes you'd better off trading.
we don't know for sure.
Harith65

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 04:35:22 PM

trading and holding is depend on market, before trade and hold we should observe market. for that we can use many sources. if the market is stable it had better trade and earn money. rising of alt-coin can expect when stable market. if the market is not stable it will be difficult to trade because we can not guess rising or falling but the thing is in rising as well as in falling we can trade positively but it is very risky.

bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:32:54 PM

The risk in holding is more less than available in trading because if you hold your investment for the long time that tension and pressure will be relieved in your mind but in trading it will continuously happening in sometimes the decision made was gone wrong that's why I am saying this.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
idham29

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 02:33:50 AM

Being an hodler is risky when you are hodling a new token i think,being an hodler of a established coin like ETH,LTC,WAVES,BCC,BTC is alot safer because they are on the business for a long time already and showing good prices and improvements.There still a risk but just a small one.But risk on being a hodler is so much compared to being just a trader
Of course in any business there is a risk, especially crypto money which has very fast price fluctuations. One strategy that is widely applied by investors is HODL, because it is the safest choice for people who are less intelligent in analyzing daily trading.
But the application of HODL requires large capital, but it also requires patience because we don't know when crypto prices rise. About coin options, it's better to look for those who already have large trading volumes such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB or Litecoin.

fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 03:25:37 AM

for the coin coins you mentioned above, for me it's better to hold them in the long run. not without risk, but the coin is the top coin that already has good trust, so it is a potential coin for the long term

wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 06:25:48 PM

for experienced traders, daily trading brings a fairly high income.  But we must take into account the fact that there are great risks here that only professionals can foresee.  To avoid big problems, of course it is better to act on the old strategy, And this is a long-term investment.  In any case, the cryptocurrency market is still not in very good condition and, in one way or another, promising coins will increase in price not only 10 x, but 100 x and more.
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 01:41:47 PM

only by carrying out a very strong analysis of all the projects that interest you, will it be possible to count on some results.  Even if in 2017 some company showed very good results, it does not mean that after the market collapses in 2018, this company will again show the best results as before.  Many analysts have expressed that the majority of such companies can leave the cryptocurrency market.
aderidwan98

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 02:17:03 PM

Thank you for the advice, this is very useful for me, and I am a person who prefers to trade coins rather than holding them for too long
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 10:02:41 PM

There is a strategy between trading and hodling: You can hodl  part of your gains from trading..  For me this is the best strategy.
Another good advice is to divide your capital into at least two parts - you can try trading with one and hodling with another.
And then you can decide which strategy fits you better

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:45:00 AM

There is a strategy between trading and hodling: You can hodl  part of your gains from trading..  For me this is the best strategy.
Another good advice is to divide your capital into at least two parts - you can try trading with one and hodling with another.
And then you can decide which strategy fits you better

Each one will follow a different strategy in order to trade or hold their coins according to the market situations. Of course, there are some coins that we to hold them in the market for the long term and there is some coin that we need to trade them on a daily basis. Everything depends on the strategy he is following.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 04:34:51 PM

Thank you for the advice, this is very useful for me, and I am a person who prefers to trade coins rather than holding them for too long

For trading, you need to have many altcoins in your portfolio. If the market is red, there is a chance that some of your alts can stay green, and you can deal with them. Additionally, it is possible trading during the bear market.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:09:40 AM

For trading, you need to have many altcoins in your portfolio. If the market is red, there is a chance that some of your alts can stay green, and you can deal with them. Additionally, it is possible trading during the bear market.
but it would be better to choose the altcoin in the top ranking. so that it will have a smaller risk. besides, don't forget to invest in the safest coin, bitcoin, to maintain the stability of our assets

miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:41:14 AM

Yes, you need to choose the coins perfectly in the market because without research it is impossible to find potential about the companies and their development. Researching about the coons is a good deal which has the ability to increase the price along with the market recovery.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:36:55 AM

In terms of investment, you can not guess exactly what strategy will work better and therefore set a specific goal and fix the profit, because it happens that the project can simply become bankrupt
CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:23:47 AM

Trader

Good trader have loved coins that he checked fundamental and trade on them. He is trying to buy low and sell high. When trade is not going how he planned it he sells. He don't w8 for coin to hit bottom to panic sell, he tries to sell on the rise. His risk is set by him by stoploss which is set in his trading strategy. And it depends on time period he is investing in and expected profits. He don't fallow pump and dump.

Time period:

When trader see good buy opportunity on 1d candles he has to set stoploss lower, he takes bigger risk then but possible profit is bigger.
When he sees opportunity on 5 min candles he can set stoploss even 0,5% under buy point risking only 0,5% of his investment.

Trader is taking known risk each time he enters trade and this risk i related to expected profits. When trades are not going well he can stop trading, lock money into bitcoin or usd and change strategy. Hodler takes unknows risk - up to 100% - for unknown profit. With hope that his analysis was good and data wasn't faked. He also don't have chance to learn to invest because after first buy decision there is only hodl

I agree with you. But in this message you write risks for newbies. Will a newbie be able to trade so successfully from the very beginning? I do not think. Can he have as much patience as is necessary to gain experience? Few can. Often invested in well-known coins, not in ICO.
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:49:14 PM

trading risk and risk holding more risk hold, because if you hold it you can hold the coin that you hold will run delist so it will make you loss if coin mean too long.
I think that depending on what coins we hold if we hold coins that don't have the potential to grow I think we will lose, but if we hold coins in the top 10 coinmarketcap I think there will be no loss and will get a profit.
trading requires more risk because if the wrong anticipation and wrong analysis will easily experience losses in trading
katerina5643

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 01:06:28 PM

I believe that trading is on its own quite a risky way to make money. If you hold something too long there is a risk that it can lose it's value. If you newbie there is a risk that you can choose wrong time to bey/sell an assets and you'll lose your potential income.
If you are a newbie i think you can start with HOLD strategy. But don't be afraid of taking risks. I 've read an article provided by Monfex and there 're some useful points

-Do not decrease the margin level below 100%;
-Always use stop-loss orders. Make it an integral component of your trading strategy;
-Trade only liquid cryptos;
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 10:21:46 AM

Of course a lot of depend on coin. If you choose coin with bad capitalization and low volume there's a big chance that you'll suffer from loses. Personally i prefer to trade with BTC and ETH. It's a relly reliable coins. But of course you have to be ready facing risks.
I can also go with low volume if I see it has a potential in the future, some of the good coins now started at a low volume, I still remember https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nano/, it's starting price was almost worthless but during the last bull run, it reached $34 before it dump at settled to $1 now, imagine how profitable we are if we hold thousands of that coin in the past, to be honest, I miss this one, I could have acquired it for free.

thecryptogandalf

Activity: 147
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 01:17:18 PM

I believe, both of them have pros and cons. However, trading is a better option in overall, unless having a solid understanding of technical analysis and fundamentals of the coin itself. Since hodlers having the excitement of entering market when it is bullish but the thing is when they are hodling, they are not getting the chance to having experience of when to take profit. As a result, the risk of ending up with loss increases or missing better opportunity chances. They are exposed to more stress than traders when the coin, that they invested in, is crashing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: