Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will 2018 bitcoin amendment price be similar to 2014?  (Read 497 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:24:25 PM

So many people focus on the momentum of short-term bitcoin, so they tend to forget the overall situation. Over the years, bitcoins have seen numerous peaks and lows. I don't think this year will be a repeat of 2014.
It is normal since we have so many people who have invested in the peak and you would not actually expect them not to complain until they also enter the league of those who would not have to get worried about their investment going lower.
This year may repeat the same incident with 2014 and it may not, as no one knows for real, the only thing we can expect is that this year will get to do its own thing, but if we are to be realistic technically, i do not think the market is done yet with the downward move.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:53:54 AM

I saw the news today, Binance CEO said, 2018 bitcoin correction price similar to 2014, what do you think?
At least, with the way things are going, it sure looks similar and I would not be surprised if we get to see something pretty similar knowing that the huge correction was imminent anyway. Nevertheless, it is hard to always judge the state of the market by what must have happened in the past, so in that way, I tend to always stay with the trend presently and see where it leads, but there is a huge possibility that this can sure happen.

Honestly I am praying not to have a similar year of 2014. After hitting $1200 in late 2013, bitcoin made a low in 2015 January. In between months were full of ups downs which are exact same as what we are having after hitting $19,800 in late 2017. We all need a new ATH right away to break all these.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:22:05 AM

- 2013 bubble was mostly a fake bubble that was created by 90% fake volume and pure manipulation and a little real money going in.
2017 bubble was partly fake bubble and manipulation like less than 10% fake volume if I am generous. the 2017 bubbles was not as big as 2013 bubble either.

Why, because of the Willy Bot? Or volume pumping on Chinese exchanges?

I'm not sure I buy that. Whether or not the above happened, the fact is that real demand existed at those bubble prices. Real buyers pushed the price up across the world regardless of what was happening on Gox. Same goes for the Tether manipulation claims now.

yeah but the difference is that all the manipulation of 2014 (Mt Gox and willy bot and all the rest) were happening in one place, a place which was controlling the whole market because it  controlled all the volume and nearly all traders were there. checking the volume percentages Mt Gox had more than 85-90% of the daily trading volume. the influence of an exchange with such volume share is great.

I agree about the Tether and the manipulation of 2018 but in comparison Tether for instance happened in a tiny part of the whole market because exchanges like bitfinex control a tiny part of the volume and number of investors. bitfinex has 10% of the volume best case and that is only assuming the  volume is not fake. any manipulation happening there was also minimal.

Only Bitcoin
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:23:37 AM

just because 2014 was the LAST bubble it doesn't mean it is similar to 2018 one. the fact is the circumstances were very different in each case that you can say they have absolutely nothing in common!
but unfortunately the way of thinking is also known to affect the price a lot more than circumstances so as more people start thinking that way we may end up seeing the same market afterall!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:28:09 AM

every year there will definitely be a very distinctly different value change that is currently much higher than in 2014. so I think how it can be from 2018 like 2014 whereas currently Bitcoin is very popular known to many people even almost the whole world knows Bitcoin.
the difference in value is also very far away and I think the value of bitcoin now cannot be compared just like the dark year 2014 ago.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:14:02 PM

I saw the news today, Binance CEO said, 2018 bitcoin correction price similar to 2014, what do you think?

It has got some resemblance. However, the Mt Gox hack which cut the bull market of 2013 short was much more negative for the market because of the fact that Mt Gox was virtually the only major exchange that is operational at the time. And also, the market was just a lot less mature.

I expect that the prices will drop to a similar percentage (around 20-25%) in relation to the peak price this year compared to the 2014 correction, which means that we probably will see the $6k floor being broken and a bottom established at lower levels.

Similar to how the bear market ended 2 years ago, I also believe that we'll see some bullishness come back into the market in 2020 due to the halving.

Note that these are very approximate figures and the real figures may be a bit off, but these are cycles within BTC price that are apparent to me.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:46:03 PM

At that year there were only investors many of which were the new comers and one of the bigger exchange hacked the users while in this year there are many companies continuously adopting bitcoin the image of bitcoin is increasing more bigger with the passage of time in this year. The investors may sell but the companies owners cannot deny the use of it and that use make the demand which recover the price of bitcoin faster. In this year 2018 the price will rise like 2017.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:46:09 PM

- 2013 bubble was mostly a fake bubble that was created by 90% fake volume and pure manipulation and a little real money going in.
2017 bubble was partly fake bubble and manipulation like less than 10% fake volume if I am generous. the 2017 bubbles was not as big as 2013 bubble either.

Why, because of the Willy Bot? Or volume pumping on Chinese exchanges?

I'm not sure I buy that. Whether or not the above happened, the fact is that real demand existed at those bubble prices. Real buyers pushed the price up across the world regardless of what was happening on Gox. Same goes for the Tether manipulation claims now.

yeah but the difference is that all the manipulation of 2014 (Mt Gox and willy bot and all the rest) were happening in one place, a place which was controlling the whole market because it  controlled all the volume and nearly all traders were there. checking the volume percentages Mt Gox had more than 85-90% of the daily trading volume. the influence of an exchange with such volume share is great.

I agree about the Tether and the manipulation of 2018 but in comparison Tether for instance happened in a tiny part of the whole market because exchanges like bitfinex control a tiny part of the volume and number of investors. bitfinex has 10% of the volume best case and that is only assuming the  volume is not fake. any manipulation happening there was also minimal.

I get what you're saying. But I think if you're going to lend credence to Gox manipulation because of its influence on the market, I think the same logic applies to Bitfinex/Tether.

Personally, in 2013, I found the Chinese exchanges (Huobi in particular) dominated price action more than Mt Gox. And yeah, I don't think volume matters that much. None of it is verifiable and many (if not most) exchanges are suspected of faking volume.

But if we are going to say Gox controlled the market, it should be pointed out that Bitfinex has a tangible influence on the market. As a trader, you simply cannot ignore Bitfinex. In terms of exchanges reacting to one another, they are the most dominant exchange in the world. They are always the first chart I open and what I use for setting alarms, because they are reliably among the first to move. It's been that way since 2014, even through the hack debacle in 2016.

Just my observations. Smiley

jmvzlfyg

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:17:46 PM

History often repeats itself in bitcoin world, so this year it may reach a record high.Maybe in 2019 it would be possible for the bitcoin to stop falling. That's my view.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:56:08 PM

It will be similar as they are both markets under heavy bearish sentiment, and are just coming off a huge bull market in the previous year. However, the factors here are not the same and I doubt that the prices are going to move exactly the same.

2014 is the part of the reason why I think that bitcoin has some more room to fall before the prices bottomed out, as the prices in 2014 took around 19 months before finally bottoming out. Although not exact, I think that this bear market should last at the very least until Q4 of the year before prices start to move upwards.

Of course, circumstances are different, and I think that this bear market may be shortened due to circumstances such as the fact that there is no single major hack that the community needed to recover from (Mt Gox), and there is new interest from investors from mainstream institutions. All of these factors could lead to a quicker recovery.

Smiley
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:44:40 PM

History often repeats itself in bitcoin world, so this year it may reach a record high.Maybe in 2019 it would be possible for the bitcoin to stop falling. That's my view.
This could happen the similiraties from previous year and the current year. Many predictions has set everytime it maybe true until it meet the value. Well, this might happen also the effects of drops of price this year will yielded by year 2019.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:06:00 PM

I think the current bitcoin price cannot be compared to the dark story of 2014, where the bitcoin price at that time reached its lowest point. I think the price will now keep moving up and it will not touch its lowest point.

How it cant compare if it is totally same so far?    $6000 now is the same as it was in 2014 $400.   Quite big part of year was close or under $400.  

All this tells us that price cant go down much more. But also if you look at 2015 you can see that most of time price was under $400. So that means also that we will see long periods of sideways after bottom is found.
aezotxmb

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:42:50 PM

From historical evidence, bitcoin will be good in the long run. The bearish trend is not new, and there are many things to be sure. The introduction of institutional capital will undoubtedly shake the situation in these years.
mamesso

Activity: 2100
Merit: 740

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:18:58 PM

everyone says "MAYBE" I hate this kind of prediction. because this is a money issue. and I invested with my personal money in large quantities.
What should I do?

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
jmvzlfyg

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:06:31 AM

The solution of bitcoin is expanding. This in itself will bring some positive changes in the next few years. I think bitcoin will come back very soon. This year will not be like 2014. Let's look forward to it.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:35:49 AM

everyone says "MAYBE" I hate this kind of prediction. because this is a money issue. and I invested with my personal money in large quantities.
What should I do?
I do not understand the kind of prediction you are actually expecting in the first place. An affirmative statement that bitcoin is just going to give the same pattern as 2014.

Wake up mate! No one can see the future and the fact that it is a market, anything is possible. Before investing, you should have known better how volatile the market is and what you should expect but that does not mean in the long term you are still not going to end up doing better with your investments. So, if you are going to be doing anything, it is to be patient, and if you can buy the DEEP dips, then do so!
slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:49:10 AM

Almost same pattern with everything, probably the same thing that was in 2014 year with price correction. From some graphic this look the same as before with price chart.
So main question could be is this gonna be the same or it will be little different then before.
wtbhitlv

Activity: 178

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:35:26 PM

This view is a lot in the recent forum, which shows that many people have started to panic, perhaps this time is a good opportunity to buy, I do not think it will go back to the 2014 position, that is unbelievable.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:34:16 AM

That means we will have to wait for a long time before it goes back up. I doubt we will have to wait for that long anymore. There are more people involved with crypto world compared to back in 2014, and some of those people are fund managers and big capital whales. They couldn't trade back than because the market was volatile and had low volume.

Now it has more volume than compared to 2014 and they can play with almost billions everyday but they are "whales" for us but not for in real life economics. So some people are spending hundreds of millions of dollars in order to make couple million dollars in profit.
yyourboss

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:01:45 AM

I think we should be more patient, history may be repeated, but I don't think bitcoin will fall too much, and try not to buy altcoin at this stage.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: