Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adoption of crypto-payments in buses  (Read 300 times)
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:04:24 PM

I just came across this news about a Brazilian company that now accepts 3 cryptocurrencies (BTC, BCH and LTC) to book their tickets. The payment method is quite simple, just with a code in a screen, no complex technologies nor terminals. It is unclear how they handle network congestion and how many confirmations are required.

This is the source

I also seem to recall that there is an airport in Australia accepting crypto and at least one airline, but I don´t remember which one.

If anyone from Brazil could comment on this news it would be nice.

these are travel buses, and the companies are only in southern states. tickets are bought previously, never inside the bus.
It's just to make the news, I don't think people are spending btc on this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mjadon15

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:30:07 PM

The moves by these Transportation. Company is superb. It should in no way be underrated. I call it, seeing beyond the now.
While doing further research on transportation companies that receives Cryptocurrency I came across Teahouse Transport.  Recently, logistics company Teahouse Transport has announced that it now accepts 31 cryptocurrency payment types when people decide to use its services, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and many others.

Their reasoning for accepting cryptocurrency is pretty logical, with the company stating on its website ‘No one knows which currency will prevail and take over the entire planet. Facebook was just another social network attempt in the beginning. Google was once the 22nd search engine. But who remembers the twenty-one search engines that came before it?’.
Mjadon15

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:32:21 PM

The moves by these Transportation. Company is superb. It should in no way be underrated. I call it, seeing beyond the now.
While doing further research on transportation companies that receives Cryptocurrency I came across Teahouse Transport.  Recently, logistics company Teahouse Transport has announced that it now accepts 31 cryptocurrency payment types when people decide to use its services, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and many others.

Their reasoning for accepting cryptocurrency is pretty logical, with the company stating on its website ‘No one knows which currency will prevail and take over the entire planet. Facebook was just another social network attempt in the beginning. Google was once the 22nd search engine. But who remembers the twenty-one search engines that came before it?’.

What thrills me most about this company is her strong willed belief and philosophy about how Cryptocurrency will be dominating in years to come.
The 31 types they have chosen are currently the most used ones when people make a cryptocurrency payment at Teahouse Transport. With that in mind the question needs to be asked; why aren’t more logistics companies following suit?
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:08:18 PM

What thrills me most about this company is her strong willed belief and philosophy about how Cryptocurrency will be dominating in years to come.
The 31 types they have chosen are currently the most used ones when people make a cryptocurrency payment at Teahouse Transport. With that in mind the question needs to be asked; why aren’t more logistics companies following suit?

I think one reason for companies of the sort not following suit is because of the uncertainty on the regulation of Bitcoin and they don't what to risk it. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: