Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:02:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find ICO team member's fake or real.  (Read 243 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 08:10:02 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

We can't prevent ICO scam. But before contribute any ICO we should check their team member's. They are real or just collect from online or stock image.

Simple way to check it Google search. You can search on Google for justify them. Some time Google can't give accurate result.
So you can use a useful website for more deep investigation for reverse image search.
www.tineye.com
Just simply upload an image or image url and you will see result.
I will suggest use both for good result. If any ICO collect picture from online here you should find them.

Even we can't prevent scam but we need to be careful.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CVerification

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:59:50 PM

Or you can contact them and speak with them in a video call. I have done this a few times, but not all teams have enough time for this.
kuzawi

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:20:49 PM

Sometimes they use also random people profile, so if you can't find anything related the ICO on their profile, you can message them with a  "clickbait message" so they read it and pay attention to the SCAM.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:37:32 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

I think asking them for an online cam to cam chat could also help you to verify if team members are real or not because sometimes they can edit images that can look real the other way that I think it could verify they are real or fake is to ask them for legalized of their projects if they can give you a legal documents that they get from google them they can be a real team.

However, almost all ICO projects these days is not as safe as before they use ICO projects to scam anyone and almost ICO projects are a scam.
So I advise that you stay away from them, instead invest in altcoin from top 10 in CMC could give you chance to make a profit if you know how to hold them.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
DrMill

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:36:02 AM

...However, almost all ICO projects these days is not as safe as before they use ICO projects to scam anyone and almost ICO projects are a scam.
So I advise that you stay away from them, instead invest in altcoin from top 10 in CMC could give you chance to make a profit if you know how to hold them.

That's probably a bad news to newcomers, who just join the new "land" that is no more fertile.

Investing in top 10 altcoin is a safe solution, and I am myself doing it that way. Yet, I still like some ICO's which are relating to the field that I'm familiar with. To be more specific, I'm working full time in logistics industry, thus personally I can do research and possibly understand which projects are trying problems in reality, and may know several professional names in development team. Knowledge about the profession will somehow reduce risk of scam, I think.

https://www.skyfchain.io/
SKYFchain is the first blockchain based
Business-to-Robots (B2R) Operating Platform
ghermghuda

Activity: 284
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:27:17 AM

That's a good question. Anyone can fake anyone's identity to use to scam people, and it's happened before. Well, I think trying to search their LinkedIn thoroughly might help though

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
cryptoproLK

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:39:57 AM

if there are any well-known characters in there team as advisors,we can contact them via twitter or facebook and ask is this real or ICO team abusing their names.
Jerick01311

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:53:07 AM

I think you need To search more About  this ICO
 And  team with see here Face 
 But More Search to The member of Ico
CryptAssist

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:22:15 AM

Or you can contact them and speak with them in a video call. I have done this a few times, but not all teams have enough time for this.
That's a great idea. However, if you leave open video call access as a member of an ICO, you will get calls off the hook about everything under the sun. BUT I like that idea and I think that it could be done right if it were on an appointment basis only. Also, look on their twitter for team group photos, and in-person video presentations. 
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:43:16 AM

Lmao has anyone actually exposed an ICO for using stock images for their founding members? I wouldn't put it past them, considering how many of them are scams, but it would be hilarious to have an actual example we can point to.

That being said, once this gains traction and scams are exposed, they'll start not using pictures at all lol.

justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:24:02 AM

I think it is very easy for scammers to change fake photographs of team members to a unique person by photoshop. If you can't identify them don't invest money

Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:09:48 PM

You may also check the images they provide for the profile.
Low quality scam ICOs use images from other peoples pages
and can be found through Google image search.
Worked for me for a couple of times.
And if youre really into investing, video chat is a great option
biggNY

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:36:55 PM

What I like to see are linkedin profile links on ICO website. I check everyone of them out and look for the projects name listed under experience. If this is missing i question this by telegram admins and see if it can get fixed. Also I like to see high number of connections in linked in. Unfortunately there is no way to be 100% sure. At least I think so...

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
biggNY

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:43:46 PM

You may also check the images they provide for the profile.
Low quality scam ICOs use images from other peoples pages
and can be found through Google image search.
Worked for me for a couple of times.
And if youre really into investing, video chat is a great option

That?s a good point. There is a way to check if profile picture of somebody is fake on tineye dot com
Check out this YT video by MMCypto, they show how to use that tool
https://youtu.be/RsJge0i-qMc

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
embarrasstor

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:46:14 AM

Sometimes profile or others comment on qualifications in LinkedIn are scam  Undecided Undecided
AngryToken
Copper Member

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:00:21 PM

You can always look them up on the internet or even on social media to make sure they are real people. You can also contact them and speak to them to make sure they are real people as a good ICO would definitely have a way of contacting them.
priyanjana

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:08:11 PM

Most of the time I use Linkedin for search information about the project and team member. If the person is on linked on the real profile we can get jugdment about that team member. And always use google to get extra details. It is better to contact the via trustable media if have any doubt.
Sergio444

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 06:27:22 PM

Good information.It can be really helpful to beginners in crypto. Following the profile and digging further to have a personal chat with them can also be helpful. Usually google search will give the accurate information provided on the members of the team but actually the person has no idea his/her profile is been used to run an ICO.
nilstairsa

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:45:41 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

There are two ways: there should always be a LinkedIn connected to their profile picture and their should be a picture or video where multiple of them are seen together.
notoriousdumper

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:17:56 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

My preferred method and one that is very cheap is to ask for a video of the CEO and some of the managing members explaining the project. If that video doesn´t exist, I don´t need to look for anything else really.

It does verify not only that they are together as a team and that they are able to talk about their project without doubts and clearly, but also at least they are a team that actually meet together instead of a team of people that only participate remotely working part-time.

A video won´t validate a CV and Linkedin is very important, but even that can be faked in terms of what the CV says. Also, some people don´t have a Linkedin profile and it may still be valid. This is frequent for people that work in universities... they rarely look for new jobs. But google a name should produce some type of result, everyone leaves an electronic trace nowadays.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: