Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:41:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just built this simple price tracking tool, please share your feedback.  (Read 141 times)
Liteoshi (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:35:27 PM

Hi everyone,

As you all know, crypto prices can be extremely volatile and I have missed many trades in the past. I wanted a way to alert me when the price of a certain crypto asset reach a certain price. I built a simple tool that does just that. It allows the user to define a minimum and maximum price for a certain crypto asset and it will display a visual alert as well as audio alert on the page.

It helped me buy the dip on a few coins in the last couple of days and I wanted to share it with other people that might be interested.

I would love if some of you could give me your feedback on it, the url is http://cryptomoontracker.com and as you will see, it's still in alpha version. The design is horrible and it might be a little buggy but I'm still working on it. (I'm also planning to add more coins but I'm currently using a free API so I am limited in requests)

Please let me know what you think. And don't use it on mobile because it's not optimized for it.

I wish you all a wonderful day and happy trading !

PS : I'm also looking for help to improve the site so if you would like to chat, shoot me an email at : cryptomoontracker@gmail.com

Cheers,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aweasadbek

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:59:06 PM

Good tool. It works fine but also can be optimized. I think you can do it because you already done a large piece of work.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:53:48 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 05:14:33 AM by bL4nkcode

You should at least have a test/ demo account for the site since it required to signup first before someone can totally use the website. Tho I never signup to your site yet and someone can use disposable emails but demo account/s still necessary IMO.
Faq page and even terms and privacy policy page for the emails used to registered of anyone to your site.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:22:41 AM

I can't give you my feedback because I never signup if I don't know where I'm signing up. You need to have a homepage describing your service. Probably more than one page like the others said. Your offer should be clearly described and examples of usage given. We can't even see your listed coins.  The design is not a problem if the service is useful.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:13:19 AM

First off(since the site requires registration), what does you site have compared to the othersites and apps that has the same purpose? Because if you don't have an edge compared to the alternatives, there's only a low probability for your site to be used compared to the existing alternatives.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:39:24 PM

You were not joking when you said design is horrible, it is honestly the worst part of it, you will need to create a design that says "come get me" if you want this to succeed. Aside from that I understand the functionality but you should also warn people that this is the crypto space and anything you believe will happen in this world may crumble with one sudden unexpected move.

We have seen chart reading to be okay during the calm hours but when something huge happens the chart indicators goes to bed and the whales takeover and they usually move towards what charts are not showing, they know the indicators as well and when it goes down they try up and when it shows up they try down.
Liteoshi (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:46:24 PM

Hii everyone and thank you so much for the feedback, I have been busy and didn't got a change to check my messages earlier.

Aweasadbek, I agree it needs to be optimized, but I will need help for this, so if anyone is interested, let's chat. (I can pay in BTC)

bL4nkcode, I just created a demo account

username : testuser
password : test12345

However, you don't need to put your real email to register. You can just enter blablabla@gmail.com and it will work. You will just be unable to reset your password if you forget it.

Awesomus Maximus, you should be able to see the list of available tokens when you click "add tokens" I will add many more but I'm currently using a free API and I have limits on how many API calls I do per hour. But if you want me to add a couple tokens for you I can do it easily (just send me a message or comment here), I just can't track all 2000+ tokens at the moment.

mjglqw, I initially made this application for me, and I let it run on my machine everyday to get alerts. I haven't found any service that are doing just this. there are service that send email/text/telegram alerts but it's not what I was looking for. Plus they are almost all paid services. I wanted an alarm on my computer that can wake me up. I don't wake up at every email / sms / telegram message I receive, otherwise I would be up all night.

wuvdoll, lol I know it's not very good looking but again this is a tool I initially made for me. I managed to make some very good trades using this tool already. The price is being updated every 20 seconds. It's usually enough to catch a pump. I can always set the price update to a lower timeframe but I will need to get a higher API call limits.

I would like to let more people use this tool, I think it's very helpful. If nobody wants it I will just close the registration page and it's no big deal. I have around 100 users so far. And I only posted at 2 different places including here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: