Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Software Development Industry Is not Ready for Blockchain  (Read 62 times)
HeroNode (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:47:01 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 02:53:48 AM by HeroNode

Hey! This is Hero Node!
Fully decentralized cross-chain and cross-platform Dapp developing platform and solution
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Software Development Industry Is not Ready for Blockchain

I have been hating OOP(Object-Oriented Programming) for many years. However, it is hard for me to find some appropriate reasons, let alone to convince others to discard OOP.
This stubbornness has made me an ‘alien’ and I has been considered to be extreme.
The complexity caused by dependence is the main reason why I hate OOP.
I want to make some changes. So I developed the Hero Framework.

From object-oriented to wheel-oriented

How terrible the dependence is?
I once wrote a tool to analyze the interdependence in the source code of an APP, and I found that there are more than 5000 interdependencies in every 100,000 lines of source code in average. If we list every object and add connections between those dependencies, the entire software will be very typical ‘Internet’, which looks like a old fishing net, dense and messy.
The best solution in that condition is to make the code with better architecture, but actually it makes the net become bigger and bigger.
After thinking carefully, I came to this conclusion – The framework itself has problems, not the users.
This is just one of the problem of OOP, the other is "wheel-oriented" programming.
I was appealing that do not reinvent the wheel 10 years ago, but today I was terrified by the abuse of the wheel.
Recently the hot Indian movie ‘Toilet - Ek Prem Katha’ expresses a point that the most difficult thing is to change the cultural concept rooted in people’s mind. This is also what I thought.
I tried to tell my colleagues about the thinking on the problems of OOP, but the result was not satisfactory. On the contrary, it makes me like an annoying old woman who keeps repeating the things no one understand. So upset.

Decentralization development

Decentralized software requires decentralized development.
Nowadays, it is lucky that we found blockchain – a trust platform, which is creating unlimited value. But at the same time, there is also a problem - is it totally trustworthy? Whether ‘In math we trust’ equals to ‘We trust who use math’ or not? To be straightforward, are the people who develop the software trustworthy?

Take imToken(a famous mobile Ethereum wallet) as an example.
You trust it because you have to. You have to trust its every update and every dependent library and the people who operate the data.

Hero Framework insists on a non-dependent principle since it came to the world. Even a UI element on the interface is independent and non-dependent, and each class has a unique JSON object interface to receive with ‘IN’ command and send with ‘OUT’ command. When the class is packaged as a HASH code, this is basically as same as Ethereum’s smart contract.
Therefore, the application developed with Hero Framework is absolutely trustworthy. And Hero Node is also the first platform which people can develop both front-end and back-end code in accordance with the Ethereum smart contract standards.
Let us use Ethereum to clarify this concept.
Each application (smart contract) on Ethereum has its unique address. This is the same as if the Hero Node application was packaged as a HASH address. So the function mapped to the address is unique. It depends on other determined smart contracts, but not on any uncertain data (such as time, random numbers, etc.). Each smart contract has an exposed ABI, similar to the JSON interface of each class in the Hero framework.
If you can realize that there are lots of problems in delivering such applications to users, then I think you understand what I have done and the problems it may face.

Problems

1.   The software update
Smart contracts are creating enormous value, but the Dapp based on smart contract is technically impossible to update. Each update must be redeployed, and the contract address will be changed. It actually becomes another Dapp.
The Hero Node application is delivered directly to the users. Complicated software cannot be created without updating. Hero Node Framework has a tool to automatically support new version of HASH to be found. So developers only need to write the address of new vision HASH into a specific smart contract, then the application will react automatically and prompt the user whether to use the new version or not. Of course, our users can choose not to use. It’s up to them.

2.   Is the scenarios too few in a decentralized way
It’s not. But it’s hard to switch the way of thinking. Learning a new technology is easy while changing the thinking mode is not.
Hero Node can also support semi-centric applications. Developers can use centralized data and the business logic in a black box. But such behavior will be intercepted by our system by default unless the user chooses to trust this black box. We also hope to promote the way of completely decentralized development in a gradual manner. Another interesting design, the official application market of Hero Node will give a green flag to the totally decentralized application.

3.   How to maintain the decentralized application?
This is what Hero Node is doing: Building decentralized service nodes. And the nodes are free, anyone-operational and token-motivated.

Back to the idea of traditional software development, can you understand that the existing software developing methods cannot adapt to the decentralized software ecosystem?
If you agree with us and have interests, please send an email to hr@heronode.io. We are looking forward to meet you!

In an open world, Hero Node welcomes any and all feedback. Especially helpful feedback will be rewarded!

Talk to us:

Official Website: https://heronode.io/
Medium: https://medium.com/@hero_node
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hero_node
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HeroNodeOfficial/
Email: feedback@heronode.io
Telegram Group: https://t.me/HeroNodeOfficialGrouphttps://t.me/HeroNode2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: