Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:09:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phishing Link from user - elllee  (Read 302 times)
kahc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:02:48 PM

What happened::
elllee messaged me with a phishing hyperlink concealed as a legitimate url.
I didn't notice the hyperlink at first, so I clicked on it and I got brought to a Bitcointalk login page that that asked me to log in.
Well, I didn't fell for this primitive attempt to steal my password.

Glimpsed through the seclog, nothing that points to elllee's account being compromised recently.
Already reported the PM to admins, not sure if appropriate action will be taken.
Someone should paint this Phisher account RED before someone else fall for his tricks.

Phisher Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1170962

Proof Link:

https://i.imgur.com/aIeQwU1.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:18:03 PM

Click the "Report to Admin" button at the bottom right corner of the PM, and report it to the admins. They usually get banned pretty quickly.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
kahc (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:54:27 PM

Click the "Report to Admin" button at the bottom right corner of the PM, and report it to the admins. They usually get banned pretty quickly.

Already did Wink
elllee11

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:36:22 AM

I didn't notice the hyperlink at first, so I clicked on it and I got brought to a Bitcointalk login page that that asked me to log in.

Glimpsed through the seclog, nothing that points to elllee's account being compromised recently.
Already reported the PM to admins, not sure if appropriate action will be taken.
Someone should paint this Phisher account RED before someone else fall for his tricks.

Phisher Profile Link:

Proof Link:

Good day sir. I'm elllee the user of that account. I don't know why i send you that link in forum as personal message , i don't know anything about that. That's why i make this new account to reply this acquisition. I think my account was hacked and i never make a personal message in any forum member. I'm always make legal business in this forum and to be ban my only account Member rank is hard for me. we all know how hard to get merit now Sad please let talk about this Sad any help how can i use my account again Sad PLEASE help Sad
SabrinaBianka

Activity: 633
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:55:42 AM

Phisher Profile Link:

Proof Link:

I guess the better way you do is asked him first if they really did that thing. Because my friend also experienced that happen. He didn't tried to pm the other person but he also report on admin as spamming phising site. But the really reason why you've recieved that messagr because they account hacked by also phising site and used to spread phising site. So You and him is the victim. Release him from the admin, please request. This is not right to report him Immediately.
kahc (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:37:50 AM

Good day sir. I'm elllee the user of that account. I don't know why i send you that link in forum as personal message , i don't know anything about that. That's why i make this new account to reply this acquisition. I think my account was hacked and i never make a personal message in any forum member. I'm always make legal business in this forum and to be ban my only account Member rank is hard for me. we all know how hard to get merit now Sad please let talk about this Sad any help how can i use my account again Sad PLEASE help Sad

That's up to the admin to decide, I am sure they can check IP, etc...
The big issue here is that your password hasn't been changed, so that's a big RED-flag for me.

I guess the better way you do is asked him first if they really did that thing. Because my friend also experienced that happen. He didn't tried to pm the other person but he also report on admin as spamming phising site. But the really reason why you've recieved that messagr because they account hacked by also phising site and used to spread phising site. So You and him is the victim. Release him from the admin, please request. This is not right to report him Immediately.

Well, no one in their right mind will admit such doings.
So we are back to square one.
Taking preventive measures are the best option.
SabrinaBianka

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:49:04 AM

The big issue here is that your password hasn't been changed, so that's a big RED-flag for me.
I thought he have been red flag is better. but the banned account and permanent is so very unfair. He didn't given him a chance to explain the situations what happen to his account why he spread phishing site.
elllee11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:37:50 AM

I reply here to clean my name i make new account to depend my side..i don't know anything about why i send you that link. i also a victim in this senario. 
elllee11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:45:12 AM

Last night when i open my account it's already ban and then i don't know why it happen. i check reputation tread then i see the topic that you post and your requesting to ban me. i don't even know why i send  that link to you. i go to my outbox but i can't see anymore my previous message. that's why i make this account to settle this.

[/quote]
kahc (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:49:18 AM

Last night when i open my account it's already ban and then i don't know why it happen. i check reputation tread then i see the topic that you post and your requesting to ban me. i don't even know why i send  that link to you. i go to my outbox but i can't see anymore my previous message. that's why i make this account to settle this.

If your account is innocent banned, you can always appeal and provide your side of the story.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:53:06 AM

I reply here to clean my name i make new account to depend my side..i don't know anything about why i send you that link. i also a victim in this senario.  

Once banned, you are only able to make a thread in Meta to appeal that ban. You are not supposed to post anywhere else. You are now ban evading.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:00:19 AM

If you are truly a victim in this incident too, make a post on the meta section and share your story because if you are doing ban evasion at this moment.

If your account was hacked, I'm just curious why the hacker want to hack a "MEMBER" ranked account rather than hacking a higher ranked.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
elllee11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:16:50 AM

Once banned, you are only able to make a thread in Meta to appeal that ban. You are not supposed to post anywhere else. You are now ban evading.

i open my account and go again in meta section but i cant see how to make a topic i think i'm permanent ban Sad that's why i make this day a new account to reply this topic.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:18:17 AM

i open my account and go again in meta section but i cant see how to make a topic i think i'm permanent ban Sad that's why i make this day a new account to reply this topic.

You are ban evading and may get this account banned as well. You have been plainly told this.

25. If you get banned (temporary or permanently) and create a new account to continue posting / sending PMs, it's considered ban evasion. The only exception is creating a thread in Meta about your ban.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
elllee11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:22:53 AM

If you are truly a victim in this incident too, make a post on the meta section and share your story because if you are doing ban evasion at this moment.

If your account was hacked, I'm just curious why the hacker want to hack a "MEMBER" ranked account rather than hacking a higher ranked.

i dont know . and how i send that link.. we all know how hard to earned merit now. why i will use my member account to send that phising link? i love what im doing in this forum to earn but in legal ways. thats why a want to know how can i recover my account.
SabrinaBianka

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:18:47 PM

Hackers was tripping. He used his account to spreads phishing site and also the receiver starting to curious and open the phishing site. Because Newbie message was had a sign that we know its from newbie msg so we aware. If the message from "Member" rank people attracted to open it. So the new strategy of hackers is hacking any rank first and use the account to spread the phishing sites.
Edits

Activity: 365
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:57:25 AM

I was taken by this yesterday.

They then accessed my account, found my last bid on an item and messaged me as myself saying I had won and to send payment to this address. I new I had lost that auction so did not send payment. Have reset password.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:35:26 AM

I am offering a 20 BTC bounty for any information that leads to the arrest of this scammer.

Please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4623173.0
Exploit01

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:32:32 PM

For some reasons cant reply to email (Newbie limitations). But I got something already... @TradeFortress please send me a private email for submissions when done with compilation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: