Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Student of Life"  (Read 743 times)
LostAndFound (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 09:33:19 PM

Hey folks, an "old lady" here, (old body, young mind, even younger spirit!), who wants to learn more about the bit coin market-but hates just reading through forum posts.  No offense, I have nothing against forums, and belong to several "alternative living" forums;  I just don't like to learn some new subject by picking through relevant posts. (and sifting through the MANY NON-relevant posts!).
Bottom line, I learn better by reading one of those out-dated tomes made from recycled wood pulp.
OK, even an e-book would be fine.  Thanks to my magical iPad, it's not so different from a wood-pulp tome that my old mind can't grasp any knowledge from it!! Wink
Is there any such e-book that I can read to learn about the finer points, (and lesser points), of bitcoin-ology?
If not, can someone kindly point me in the direction of the closest thing to it?
MUCH Thanks!!

laf

PS, OK, so I'm not an 80yr old arthritic old hag...does slightly over "half-century", arthritic, old hippy count?

Peace, Love & Light!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 09:36:02 PM

Hey folks, an "old lady" here, (old body, young mind, even younger spirit!), who wants to learn more about the bit coin market-but hates just reading through forum posts.  No offense, I have nothing against forums, and belong to several "alternative living" forums;  I just don't like to learn some new subject by picking through relevant posts. (and sifting through the MANY NON-relevant posts!).
Bottom line, I learn better by reading one of those out-dated tomes made from recycled wood pulp.
OK, even an e-book would be fine.  Thanks to my magical iPad, it's not so different from a wood-pulp tome that my old mind can't grasp any knowledge from it!! Wink
Is there any such e-book that I can read to learn about the finer points, (and lesser points), of bitcoin-ology?
If not, can someone kindly point me in the direction of the closest thing to it?
MUCH Thanks!!

laf

PS, OK, so I'm not an 80yr old arthritic old hag...does slightly over "half-century", arthritic, old hippy count?

Peace, Love & Light!

http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
LostAndFound (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 09:43:45 PM

MUCH Thanks!!

laf

Peace, Love & Light!

http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Oh my, I've found a REAL "Hero" in less than 2 minutes!!  I DO believe I may grow fond of this cyber-spot!!
Thank you SO much!! 
NOW, time to read up so I can ask more appropriate questions!!
Peace, Love & Light!!
Albert Schweitzer

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 12:22:25 AM

Peace love and light meet internet geeks lolz.....

Interesting about bitcoins is that its decentralized.  It has the potential of growing rly huge....depending on the strength of an decentralized organization. never been tested before.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 12:35:01 AM

maybe satoshi's paper is too technical for the newbie, here is a good explained intro :
http://www.silicon.com/management/finance/2011/09/16/bitcoin-cheat-sheet-39747938/

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Asymptote

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 01:40:47 AM

Hahahah well that's one way to get started!  FYI - most people who are involved in Bitcoin have probably not read that document, but if you really want to understand it at the core, then that's the document to use. The casual user will have no need for it though.

SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:03:55 AM

Hahahah well that's one way to get started!  FYI - most people who are involved in Bitcoin have probably not read that document, but if you really want to understand it at the core, then that's the document to use. The casual user will have no need for it though.

Wink
GimmeDemBitz

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:14:23 PM

Do you remember back in 1929 when the US stock market was essentially unregulated?  On a certain Tuesday in October?

PLEASE don't invest anything more than 'play money' in bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: