Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch Plan w/ exact times, gonna be a wild week MEOW!  (Read 12879 times)
nosf009

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:03:16 PM

Am I reading this right - it has more than 6 Gh/s in network? Nice!
Anyway, after some calculations, with my 1.4kh/s I'm probably out for mining especially after tomorrow, I can dig out merely 20-30k a day now :/

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
helmet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:28:56 PM

People on IRC are saying that the lead dev for kitteh, danosphere... Shut his pool down a week ago and isn't giving people their coins...... Makes me a bit skeptical about this coin. Is this true?
Davidbc

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:32:55 PM

People on IRC are saying that the lead dev for kitteh, danosphere... Shut his pool down a week ago and isn't giving people their coins...... Makes me a bit skeptical about this coin. Is this true?

You sure about that? What pool?
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:35:09 PM

Source

xxmalakitexx

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:35:22 PM

That is correct, people have asked in IRC and in kittehcoin.info forum, a week now. As far as I know, no one else has received their coin either from this site (kittehcoinpool.com), supposedly it was being transferred, but again it has been about a week. I understand he is a dev working on the coin itself, though they should understand that this is just making the coin look bad specially before re-launch. I can't join the re-launch if the pool holds my coin.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:44:36 PM

What a load of. Pool was getting hammered with DDOS attacks as far I can understand. It was not in the hands of any of the Dev team.
As far as I have heard, it will be moved to different hardware and will then be available again (Same database).

xxmalakitexx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:47:29 PM

http://kittehcoin.info/forums/general-%28non-client%29-meow-talk/kittehcoinpool-com-is-down/     first reply is from the dev making it out to seem like he owns it considering he is stating he is the one moving the wallet within a day.....a week ago.
burningzoul

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:52:25 PM

About the kittehcooinpool.net problem it exists!I have a little over 10k coins blocked there, it is down from 2 Saturdays ago, they said they have some problems and need to switch to another host, or another piece of hardware. Ok, no problems with that, but at least have a means for me to contact the pool owner so he can send my coins and then do whatever he wants, and I am not the only one with coins there. I asked danosphere a few days after this happened and he wasn`t the one in charge of the "official" pool so he is not to blame, probably people are busy , but at least the people or person in charge give me a means to contact them maybe they can send my coins until they fix their problems. Not very professional that being the "official" pool, having this kind of problems before the relaunch, but maybe they are busy..dunno, I just know 1 week and 2 days have passed from that incident and I haven`t seen a apology or a "sorry for the inconvenience" message, but maybe I`m wrong , if there was an official reassuring message please post it here. Waiting for a reply.
Best of luck with your launch.
nosf009

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:54:02 PM

Basically, the one with the wallet could do a simple (even offline) installation, put up the MPOS and send coins out to people, in 1h work time.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:55:09 PM

one in charge of the "official" pool

There is NO official pool. Let be clear about that
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:01:54 PM

Sounds like your beef is with the pool operator. What's this have to do with the coin?

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:02:32 PM

Sounds like your beef is with the pool operator. What's this have to do with the coin?

This
SackofBits

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:03:03 PM

people are saying the pool is owned by part of the dev team

BadgerCoin: BCE5ABarPLdenidMRSr4vJK1z2u7VWzoDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI
helmet

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:10:25 PM

Really? Even though Dano was pumping the pool non stop in #kittehcoin and it was part of the channel topic for a while?

I think the issue is that, it would be a simple thing to payout the coins and after a week there is no update on the situation. I understand being the lead developer, he's under the gun to get everything ready for relaunch.... But is this the type of response problems with the coin are going to have in the future? I've mined a couple million meow..... This tells me I should start thinking about dumping it....

I think if he gave updates on the situation and kept people informed, those who used his pool wouldn't be upset and other people like myself wouldn't be questioning the coin....
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

Really? Even though Dano was pumping the pool non stop in #kittehcoin and it was part of the channel topic for a while?

I think the issue is that, it would be a simple thing to payout the coins and after a week there is no update on the situation. I understand being the lead developer, he's under the gun to get everything ready for relaunch.... But is this the type of response problems with the coin are going to have in the future? I've mined a couple million meow..... This tells me I should start thinking about dumping it....

I think if he gave updates on the situation and kept people informed, those who used his pool wouldn't be upset and other people like myself wouldn't be questioning the coin....

Well I can't speak for him. So I'll leave it at that. Let's wait and see what he says when he is up.
majsta

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:15:42 PM

Just look at this first post when ANN of kittehcoin is made. This pool is owned by lonestar108.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383068.msg4118073#msg4118073

We didn't talked about that pool in our MEOW related discussions. No one in dev team said to me that we will take over that pool from lonestar108.  In fact I think that I have there my coins captured. I have it captured in all other coins I have mined and didn't send any msg to anyone about that. I hate to see people panic about something especially spreading rumors like someone on the IRC said something about something. Imagine situation where complete dev team worked so hard for last month and we will drop all that work for few millions of coins...

burningzoul

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:18:26 PM

http://kittehcoin.info/forums/general-%28non-client%29-meow-talk/kittehcoinpool-com-is-down/      ->from this message I understand that on a certain time after the incident somebody from the team "had" the wallet and it was being moved, danoshpere answered me on Irc that he is not in charge of the pool and tried to help "lonestar". So the pool operator is "lonestar". Ok I understand that, no direct link to the official team, cool. But it seems at a certain moment in time, somebody had the access to the wallet and was moving it, couldn`t they just make what nosf009 suggested and send the coins so people will have no worries. I repeat it is not about the coins, their current value is 4$. But these kind of things keep me thinking that what if in the future some minor or maybe major issues arise, and the people, the "clients" , the ones that are the bread and butter of a coin will be treated with the same attitude that they don`t even deserve minor "attention". Just saying, no need for people to get defensive, I understand everybody is busy with relaunch, that is why I wished and wish you the best of luck for the realization of your plans. I ignored the problem 2, 3 ,4 ,5 days in a row... it is 1 week and 2 days for me(because of timezone). Sometimes you need somebody to take initiative amd complain to get things fired on and maybe resolved so we can all continue to work for the benefit of the community and for the coin`s progress. Wish you all the best on keeping track of your roadmap.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:22:32 PM

Aye, we spent all those hours and hard work so we could take 2 mill coins (or whatever the figure is)..
Makes sense.
Really can we just drop this for time being, I am sure it will be resolved shortly. Its all just FUD.
helmet

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:23:23 PM

http://kittehcoin.info/forums/general-%28non-client%29-meow-talk/kittehcoinpool-com-is-down/      ->from this message I understand that on a certain time after the incident somebody from the team "had" the wallet and it was being moved, danoshpere answered me on Irc that he is not in charge of the pool and tried to help "lonestar". So the pool operator is "lonestar". Ok I understand that, no direct link to the official team, cool. But it seems at a certain moment in time, somebody had the access to the wallet and was moving it, couldn`t they just make what nosf009 suggested and send the coins so people will have no worries. I repeat it is not about the coins, their current value is 4$. But these kind of things keep me thinking that what if in the future some minor or maybe major issues arise, and the people, the "clients" , the ones that are the bread and butter of a coin will be treated with the same attitude that they don`t even deserve minor "attention". Just saying, no need for people to get defensive, I understand everybody is busy with relaunch, that is why I wished and wish you the best of luck for the realization of your plans. I ignored the problem 2, 3 ,4 ,5 days in a row... it is 1 week and 2 days for me(because of timezone). Sometimes you need somebody to take initiative amd complain to get things fired on and maybe resolved so we can all continue to work for the benefit of the community and for the coin`s progress. Wish you all the best on keeping track of your roadmap.

Perfectly said.
xxmalakitexx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:24:45 PM

Just look at this first post when ANN of kittehcoin is made. This pool is owned by lonestar108.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383068.msg4118073#msg4118073

We didn't talked about that pool in our MEOW related discussions. No one in dev team said to me that we will take over that pool from lonestar108.  In fact I think that I have there my coins captured. I have it captured in all other coins I have mined and didn't send any msg to anyone about that. I hate to see people panic about something especially spreading rumors like someone on the IRC said something about something. Imagine situation where complete dev team worked so hard for last month and we will drop all that work for few millions of coins...

If the pool is or was truly owned by "Lonestar" Why did Danosphere have it? Why would anyone give out a wallet possibly full of millions of meows to someone else to handle? And these are not rumors. The forum thread is listed right above all this, where you can read DanoSphere had the wallet and was doing something with it, the last person to hold the wallet itself. If he was helping he should have stated that in the post itself. Regardless of how you look at it Danosphere was the last person with the wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: