Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:19:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies?  (Read 21792 times)
marados

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:20:53 PM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.

Not really, been part of several cryptocurrencies which were endorsed by celebrities, but that hasn't got any long term impact. I think that's just for a short, "if posssible" pump and dump" scheme to make more people buy currency. It doesn't really have and weight behind it, so I'm actually now skipping those currencies that are being endorsed by celebrities.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:24:36 PM

The success of a project has little or nothing to do with endorsement by celebrates except the celebrities are experience in crypto and blockchain technology.
FontSeli

Activity: 1218
Merit: 858

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:43:08 PM

Celebrities are like expensive prostitutes. For the money, most of them are ready for anything. Therefore, I do not trust celebrities.
Anyway, you only need to believe in yourself and your opinion about the coin and its team
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:45:04 PM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.

Are they getting paid in the same cryptocurrency? or in USD? Nobody will endorse for their valueless tokens in my opinion.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:45:11 PM

Not really, been part of several cryptocurrencies which were endorsed by celebrities, but that hasn't got any long term impact. I think that's just for a short, "if posssible" pump and dump" scheme to make more people buy currency. It doesn't really have and weight behind it, so I'm actually now skipping those currencies that are being endorsed by celebrities.
Yes, many celebrities themselves do not know what they advertise. They just got the money and made an advertisement. Trustful people go and buy these tokens.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:46:48 PM

I think you should not trust them. They can also be deceived as we are. They get paid for the advertising program. So judge yourself to believe them or not. Such a scintilla has already happened. 32 million $

IndianaJons

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 08:49:04 PM

Famous people are removed in any advertising, if they are paid a lot of money. For money, you can buy any celebrity to advertise your project. Therefore, no need to pay attention to this.

Ellionise

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:25:55 PM

I have seen many celebrities advertise their projects as well as just advertised, I think strongly do not need to trust, but it is worth to see the project can it will be well kept on the market

VECAP ▬ next generation of smart home
https://vecap.io/
tbossmitche

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:57:25 PM

The simple truth is that many of them are just shilling, that is to say, they do it all for some form of reward which is not often disclosed. I'm not by any chance implying that no celebrity can be trusted. I do trust some though, as they might just see the potential in a project just like any of us and seek to bring it to public attention. If I was launching a project, I'll personally like a celebrity to endorse it because that alone has to potential to pull in more investors than you could fathom.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:06:28 PM

For money, you can buy any celebrity to advertise your project. Therefore, no need to pay attention to this.

We should pay attention to this matter because this is a serious issue  .  this is about the reputation of cryptos  . if we see a celebrity that is endorsing a crypto , we should believe them  because what we is real  .

The word endorse means They are only promoting it and they dont say that they invest directly on it . that was still a good move,  so chill guys .
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:10:25 PM

honestly I think that like the ads on TV, can you really believe that celebrities also use the products they promote? even I'm sure that they don't really know about crypto and the project
but that's just my opinion because not all celebrities are only concerned with money and don't care about what they promote

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:26:20 PM

That is a marketing strategy. because the celebrities is someone who in the public eye has more value in terms of impressions. so it is expected that when people see the celebrities, it will be embedded in their minds something that is promoted. I will consider the project. because usually if the project can pay for the celebrities, then the team behind the project is not arbitrary
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:28:41 PM

I don't  believe and trust on them because they only want to expose and to be popular so that is why endorsing cryptocurrency but if businessman endorsing cryptocurrency with prof like mcafee yes i believe  on him but celebrity i doubt that they are also using what their endorsing.
Ximoandali

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:42:12 PM

Nope, they are just wanted to sell their names to us, the cryptocurrency traders to buy the coin which ever be endorsed by the celebrities.
I agree, you do not need to be conducted on advertising because in most cases the project is a Scam , and famous people do not need to be responsible for this project

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
jonsky05

Activity: 229

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:45:55 PM

Celebrity is promoting some projects in crypto because they got paid so I think even we not trust or trust them it's not affect to them because they just promoting it. Celebrities are busy to their work so I think promoting like in crypto is just work for them with salary.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 10:49:02 PM

Nope! Because like bounty hunters, they are paid promoters also. They just popular people and some of their fans may attract to their sayings. However, as an investor, I could not give my 100% trust to them because I depends upon the project than endorsement. I view the backbone of the project than to look their advertisement. Therefore, celebrities endorsing crypto may help it to become popular but I never believe with it.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:53:20 PM

it's just an advertisement of course celebrities don't know anything about crypto. I ever once following ICO with celebrity as their promotor but the result is the same. When a project is not interesting and it would certainly be difficult to attract investors even though they use celebrity to promote. But will little effect if the promote is an influential person in crypto and never or almost rarely blows negative news. His good name will be at stake if the project that he promoted failed. So we must exclude this case and focus more analysis of the project itself. And make other factors as supporting your analysis.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:54:19 PM

Of course no!
I already once trusted Floyd Mayweather and Dj Khaled with Centra.. Biggest scam I ever was involved in.
Won´t forget it  Embarrassed
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:10:14 PM

Celebrity is promoting some projects in crypto because they got paid so I think even we not trust or trust them it's not affect to them because they just promoting it. Celebrities are busy to their work so I think promoting like in crypto is just work for them with salary.
Totally agree. Most of them really dont know what is crypto and they just interested with salary not the project that way as investor dont trust promotor before you do analysis by yourself. The project utility more important than anything.
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:22:48 PM

I don't think you should trust any, only those ones who knows about crypto can be slightly trusted and most time some of them are use as a means for increasing their sales during the ico or if they own the project, at least they can be complain to. Not the others celebrities it might feel strange to people if he or she knows about crypto.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: