Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:46:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low market makes ICOs cheaper  (Read 6108 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:23:28 PM

I see that many people complaint when the price of the coins drops, however that makes the ICOs cheaper and they are more likely to gain xMore than just hodling when the market recovers. What would you do to seize the opportunity?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qianqi

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:26:28 PM

I will never invest in ICO again, no matter how cheap he is, because the two ICOs I invested in February have disappeared!
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:29:24 PM

I see that many people complaint when the price of the coins drops, however that makes the ICOs cheaper and they are more likely to gain xMore than just hodling when the market recovers. What would you do to seize the opportunity?

Yes off course it is true fact that currently market is really low and they making the crypto projects cheaper to invest as well. This creates opportunity because they are likely to get more investors due to undervalued rates and thus when the rest of the market will boom then they will have more funds available for the later development. The math is very simple here, when they will raise the funds at current rates of ETH ( Example, 550 USD) and when it will come to ICO end after three months or so then there could be possibility that ETH might be @ 800 USD or more and thus it will raise the funds availability in the ICO Crete too.  Cheesy
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:32:03 PM

You are right but you can't also eliminate that there's a huge possibility that those coins will have no value at all or will go down the drain. There's really no assurance when it comes to the future of cryptos. There are lots of speculations and expectations that weren't met due to its volatility accompanied with FUD. I'd rather invest in an established coin or token than risking it in a start up company that haven't proven their performance in the market yet but it really depends on the project and the technology. I am not closing doors to any new awesome innovations that could potential skyrocket in value and can make me earn more money.
waiki

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:36:33 PM

It will not be forever the market will be low, maybe next 1 or 2 weeks the market will slowly return to stable and altcoins prices will rise by about 50% in my view and ICO will not be cheap anymore.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 01:38:11 PM

There's more than just ICO's, but I get your point and agree with it.
I'm personally going to wait a little bit longer before I buy anything, I think we might not have seen the bottom yet.

That said, I'd probably buy when BTC hits 6k and then just hodl for at least a year.

trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:44:13 PM

The people who complain are the ones who have already bought their coins and expected a straight shot up. This doesn't happen with any coins, there are always road bumps along the way. Ideally as someone invested in a project you can sell the highs and buy the lows to grow your holding but if not you can always look to low prices to try and invest more fiat, even if only for a short while before you sell some again at a high price.

loicuagio1979

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:46:41 PM

There are thousands of coins/token which are listing in exchanges with current market prices are equal to a half or even one tenths of their ICO price. Due to that, there's too many coins for investors to choose and they can sell right after buying. So, why do we have to buy ICO projects and have to wait for months? I think that if the crypto market keep dumping, most of ico projects will not succeed because of these reasons
itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 01:50:54 PM

Yes it might make ICOs cheaper if you're investing with fiat but if you invest with BTC or ETH. You'll get the same amount of token equivalent to 1ETH or 1BTC. And when the market will go up. ICO token price will go up but ETH and BTC will go up as well.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:55:56 PM

ICOs are little risky investment so this is cheaper in current scenario but peoples are already panic to invest in Bitcoin and altcoin so this is not a good time in ICO investment. This year many good ICOs are enter into the market so we should plan to invest in good project this will make big profit in soon.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 01:58:39 PM

That's right, everything is cheaper right now, but the problem is that ICO's a struggling now to even reach softcap. Hardcap is almost impossible for most ICO's in the current market conditions, and this will affect the ICO's in reaching their goals.

deep4u

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:59:01 PM

This is really best trick to grab cheap coins. As investor you need to have patience and need understand value of project and need wait for good news to come for good profit and perfect selling opportunity.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:03:51 PM

Oh well, even the price went so cheap it's still a risk buying ico project, if the developers won't be able to collect the money that they've needed to finance the project then the whole thing will collapse, I see your point OP and it's really quite good if the said ico will succeed the investment will be cheaper and yet the chances of gaining good profits can be double or more when the value of pairs went high and the market returned to green one.
idex100

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:07:05 PM

yes,that is true,the challenge however is that the low prices may eventually affect the price of the tokens when they eventually get listed on exchanges.(I mean in the short term).I think thats part of the reasons we are seeing a lot of bonuses on ICOs
Tokens.info

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:08:35 PM

They are cheaper but there are a lot of other factor to consider before you invest in an ICO. One of the most important factors are the project itself. Can it survive the test of time ? Is it solving a real world problem and will it be relevant and used in the coming 2-5-10 years ? Also is the team behind the ICO competent and ready for the task ? If the team is anonymous that's a huge red flag. Either the whole ICO is a scam or the people behind it have no actual knowledge on the subject. In both cases you should avoid investing in it. There are many other factors and you should do you own due diligence before making any investments. Good luck !
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:09:28 PM

ico's= 99.99% shit

get some btc and hold

Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:09:42 PM

The ICO market is super saturated at the moment. I would have to see a really good project with awesome team to even consider investing in an ICO currently.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:13:39 PM

The drop in the price of the tokens also adversely affect ICO. The main objective of ICO is not selling tokens and the implementation of their project. It takes money. The drop in the price of crypto-currencies and tokens can deprive of financing many projects and they are ruined. A market crisis is always a bad thing.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:16:43 PM

But doesn't mean we should enter because  it's low priced.
It should be, "we should invest in the project because the concept is good, the team is great and the product is feasible".
Low market makes ICO cheaper but also makes the price of that coin even cheaper right after it hit the exchanges (not only because of the bounty hunters).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:19:10 PM

I still don't understand. Can you explain it to me how the market affects ICO prices? Because I thought there is a fixed price when you buy tokens. I am not an experienced investor when it comes to cryptocurrency and ICOs by the way.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: