Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Most ICO don't show the investment wallet address?  (Read 409 times)
lalabotax

Activity: 1540
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:06:56 PM

This is a suspicious act. Most ICo don't show the wallet of investment? Why they claim have made succesful presale but no wallet to proof that. Why Most ICo fail they are not transparant. Transpancy is one of the cryptocurrency concept. I think they deceive investors by doing that not showing investment wallet address for public.

good question, which should be answered maybe from ico developer team. but I think not all policies are wrong, there are some ico who really do it well even if it does not display the address of the wallet or the success of presale

Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:13:17 PM

i think most ico didn't show their investment wallet due to hacking, in which they are vulnerable to being hacked. its also a good thing for an ico to not show their investment in public.
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:20:25 PM

This is a suspicious act. Most ICo don't show the wallet of investment? Why they claim have made succesful presale but no wallet to proof that. Why Most ICo fail they are not transparant. Transpancy is one of the cryptocurrency concept. I think they deceive investors by doing that not showing investment wallet address for public.

i think its better if a ico is so transparent and shows the revenue. but sometimes icos also get fiat money. of course this can not be shown publicly. anyway, transparently is for a good ico important.
Lookjooru

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:58:27 PM

They may be hiding it, perhaps because they are not getting enough funds as expected
blockchainmarketus (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:50:12 AM

Perfectly true. If a company expects investors’ confidence, they have to show what they’ve got in their wallet for investors to see the funds raised. If the company refuses to do so, you’ve got to be especially cautious with them. Showing a invested address wil be secure if the developers know how to secure the walet. If not , we question to the developers why they claim developers if they can't secure their wallet.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:53:49 AM

Yes, this is also a problem for most ICO projects today. Angry
I think most ICO projects are hype at present, and the funds raised have not been disclosed.

It is like deceiving the investors when they don't provide the address of where the funds they collected are stored and claiming that they have raised such funds. I think this should be the requirement when they state that and show proof that they have receive such amount. Most are in ETH and BTC though so it is traceable. I have joined one bounty and proudly claimed that they have raised thousands of ETH on presale and reach softcap but when ask where is the proof and address, they wouldn't say it and always saying that they will reveal it soon. It's clearly a scam.
This is getting more common every day but at the same time investors are identifying this form of scam, an ico can claim to have raised any amount of money they want but if they are not showing proof that is the case then we have no reason to believe them and it is a good idea to question them and to make them to prove their claims if they do not then we can say that most likely the project is a scam.
tutakhamunba

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:04:03 AM

Yes, this is also a problem for most ICO projects today. Angry
I think most ICO projects are hype at present, and the funds raised have not been disclosed.

It is like deceiving the investors when they don't provide the address of where the funds they collected are stored and claiming that they have raised such funds. I think this should be the requirement when they state that and show proof that they have receive such amount. Most are in ETH and BTC though so it is traceable. I have joined one bounty and proudly claimed that they have raised thousands of ETH on presale and reach softcap but when ask where is the proof and address, they wouldn't say it and always saying that they will reveal it soon. It's clearly a scam.
This is getting more common every day but at the same time investors are identifying this form of scam, an ico can claim to have raised any amount of money they want but if they are not showing proof that is the case then we have no reason to believe them and it is a good idea to question them and to make them to prove their claims if they do not then we can say that most likely the project is a scam.

If they don't want to show their investment wallet address, they will have many reasons to reject the investor requirements. What can we do? we can't ask for refund, they won't accept.

If they show their investment wallet, we can check where our money goes after the ICO ends? or does they use the money in right purposes as the light paper info?

Everything must be clear, the investors should unite and try to ask for this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: