Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:48:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for next cryptocurrency  (Read 627 times)
brianbbad (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:14:12 AM

I've had lots of ideas about new coins that could become popular, but I have essentially zero programming experience and not enough energy to do all the marketing, prep work, etc.  So I'll share some ideas for new coins and you share some of yours.
I know, I know, does the world need another crypto? Of course not, but they're gonna keep getting churned out so let's at least see some well executed ones that could eventually see a wide-spread adoption. The generic BitGems and FartCoins and such are getting tired. MoonCoin? Hey hey, you know where this coin's going! To the moon, nyuk nyuk!  Roll Eyes Really?
The only rule we'll make is: if  someone uses an idea they see in the forum, he/she must send the person who conceived it a PM at least a week before the coin's release.

+PrayerCoin+
JesusCoin had the right idea of catching the attention of Christians, but let's face it... it's a dumb name. And if there's one thing that unites most religions and spiritual beliefs, it's that prayer has the power to help mend a hurting soul. People could use it for charities, fundraisers, anything. *Anonymous* donations in AA or other 12 step programs.

+CaliforniaCoin+
Really, this could work for any locality (see Franko, Deutsche eMark), but California is a tech giant, big on innovation... and super prideful. Smiley One feature would be to have the max number of coins equal or come close to the state's latest or projected population size.

+ClownCoin+
Despite how dumb the Insane Clown Posse is, their fans are a tight-knit group and ClownCoins seems like something they could be into. They might sell concert tickets to each other or whatnot, but honestly they'd probably use the coins mostly to buy drugs from each other, and ClownCoins just sounds a lot better than PotCoin or CrimeCoin. Sorry whoever invented those, but the name is key and those names just blow. I don't do drugs anymore or listen to ICP, but I could definitely see ClownCoins working.

+ShelterCoin+
This could be with the growing phenomenon that is Couchsurfing.org, or really for anyone who can't get their basic needs met with SexCoin.  (Yeah, I could see a FoodCoin happening too, why not?)

The list could go on, but let's hear some of yours!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mazeltov

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

+NoMoreCrapCoinsCoin+
This one would be the best.
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:32:45 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'd be perfectly fine with taking the top 10 coins on the market capitalization chart and sending the rest down the pooper chute, but we know that's not gonna happen. Such is the nature of the internet and free enterprise. So I just thought the coins that will inevitably come out might at least be more interesting than TaintCoin or [Insert element from periodic table here]Coin or the like. Half the people I talk to STILL haven't heard of Bitcoin, so I'm curious if some new coin will be a break-out success. Regardless, it's just exciting being on the cusp of this cryptocurrency revolution, don't you think?
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:31:12 AM

+ClownCoin+
Despite how dumb the Insane Clown Posse is, their fans are a tight-knit group and ClownCoins seems like something they could be into. They might sell concert tickets to each other or whatnot, but honestly they'd probably use the coins mostly to buy drugs from each other, and ClownCoins just sounds a lot better than PotCoin or CrimeCoin. Sorry whoever invented those, but the name is key and those names just blow. I don't do drugs anymore or listen to ICP, but I could definitely see ClownCoins working.

Without starting a heated debate. Your generalization of ICP and Psychopathic Record's fan base isn't on par with reality.

Plenty of us are NOT

1. Drug addicts
2. Criminal's
3. Insane

Other thoughts on the subject -

If "Juggalo's and Juggelette's" had a coin it probably wouldn't be named "clown coin"

KottonMouthKing Coin? Well, that's a different story.

Generally speaking I think it would be a great idea to create more "specialty" coins. Especially considering the thousands of new crypto trader/miner's it could bring to the community.
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:49:14 AM

The FBI seems to feel otherwise, but thanks for not starting a heated debate.

JuggaLOVE dating:
http://youtu.be/pMn4LCnfeJE
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:06:11 AM

I've had lots of ideas about new coins that could become popular, but I have essentially zero programming experience and not enough energy to do all the marketing, prep work, etc.  So I'll share some ideas for new coins and you share some of yours.
I know, I know, does the world need another crypto? Of course not, but they're gonna keep getting churned out so let's at least see some well executed ones that could eventually see a wide-spread adoption. The generic BitGems and FartCoins and such are getting tired. MoonCoin? Hey hey, you know where this coin's going! To the moon, nyuk nyuk!  Roll Eyes Really?
The only rule we'll make is: if  someone uses an idea they see in the forum, he/she must send the person who conceived it a PM at least a week before the coin's release.

+PrayerCoin+
JesusCoin had the right idea of catching the attention of Christians, but let's face it... it's a dumb name. And if there's one thing that unites most religions and spiritual beliefs, it's that prayer has the power to help mend a hurting soul. People could use it for charities, fundraisers, anything. *Anonymous* donations in AA or other 12 step programs.

+CaliforniaCoin+
Really, this could work for any locality (see Franko, Deutsche eMark), but California is a tech giant, big on innovation... and super prideful. Smiley One feature would be to have the max number of coins equal or come close to the state's latest or projected population size.

+ClownCoin+

+ShelterCoin+
This could be with the growing phenomenon that is Couchsurfing.org, or really for anyone who can't get their basic needs met with SexCoin.  (Yeah, I could see a FoodCoin happening too, why not?)

The list could go on, but let's hear some of yours!

Interesting.. The thought proces behind new shitcoins
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:32:19 AM

I'd rather not waste the precious minutes of my day taking a crap, but that crap's coming no matter what, so might as well find a decent magazine to read.
I've said it twice now, I don't think the world needs any more crypto coins, but the coming deluge is inevitable.

P.S.-- I wonder what percentage of people whining about shitcoins just missed the Bitcoin bus? I was mining back in 2011. How does that make you feel???
jrretirement

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:44:15 AM

+NoMoreCrapCoinsCoin+
This one would be the best.
+Stopmakingshitcoinscoin+
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:03:38 AM

Only 1 alt that can make it out the Crypto circle and into real mainstream and that is iCoin, the dev is out of hospital which has slowed it's progress but we will see what happens.

Honestly every other name just doesn't feel right unless you a crypto geek like me, my future wife agrees.
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:11:20 AM

If you really have a great idea ... and zero programming skills

try

http://coingen.io/

but keep in mind to think not only in a new coin itself... but the whole ecosystem Wink

good luck

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: