Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684840 times)
Simba84

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:55:08 AM

The ypool version was open sourced and jh00 was the first to modify the launch miner to much greater efficiency (opensource), which dga then modified and opensourced after a short testing phase. And yes it goes without saying any pool with over 50% it would be beneficial if they took limits to help spread the hash around.
You can use any miner on RiePool!

And enough with the nonsense, please!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digibrand

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 09:00:57 AM

Good news and Really Waiting for it. Update us asap.
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 09:12:22 AM

The ypool version was open sourced and jh00 was the first to modify the launch miner to much greater efficiency (opensource), which dga then modified and opensourced after a short testing phase. And yes it goes without saying any pool with over 50% it would be beneficial if they took limits to help spread the hash around.

Nonsense how lol?
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 09:20:26 AM

Absolutely correct, every pool should stop accepting new miners (not users) as soon as they have 49 % hash power of the network for longer than 100 blocks (just a number taken out of thin air, but 100 blocks seem reasonably to me).

Currently XpoolX should start doing that according to the current state of affairs:

I guess both admins xpoolx and simba84 get onto it, so we can settle at least this topic for now.

one4many
one4many

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 09:24:16 AM

Nonsense how lol?

I don't see it as nonsense as well. Simba84 you are violating a license that is a fact.

I would suggest you open source the updated version of the miner so it can be used on any pool and introduce a fee for doing so. Like 1% of the hashpower goes to your pool or 1% of the earnings go to you (not sure if the stratum protocol actually allows the later).

one4many
Simba84

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:59:16 PM

Nonsense how lol?

I don't see it as nonsense as well. Simba84 you are violating a license that is a fact.

I would suggest you open source the updated version of the miner so it can be used on any pool and introduce a fee for doing so. Like 1% of the hashpower goes to your pool or 1% of the earnings go to you (not sure if the stratum protocol actually allows the later).

one4many
My miner it's completely different that dga's xptminer so I'm not violating any licenses!?!

I't's developed by me and this is fact!

Maybe I was wrong from the beginning to say "optimized version".... but not dwell on small and insignificant details...

P.S. Stratum protocol don't allow developer or others forms of fees
one4many

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:08:23 PM

Nonsense how lol?

one4many
My miner it's completely different that dga's xptminer so I'm not violating any licenses!?!

Maybe I was wrong from the beginning to say "optimized version".... but not dwell on small and insignificant details...

Well for sure you are in violation of (probably multiple) licenses. For starters the stratum mining protocol itself (client or server) ins under GNU GPL v3. Have a look here https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining/blob/master/LICENSE
Simba84

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:19:43 PM

Nonsense how lol?

one4many

Well for sure you are in violation of (probably multiple) licenses. For starters the stratum mining protocol itself (client or server) ins under GNU GPL v3. Have a look here https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining/blob/master/LICENSE
From XpoolX HomePage...

.... - Improved the code on the stratum servers so now it will be faster doing calculations ....

Then this represents no problem since it's open source code Huh

If you want to be picky then we say all things as they are!
one4many

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:26:16 PM

Nonsense how lol?

one4many

From XpoolX HomePage...

.... - Improved the code on the stratum servers so now it will be faster doing calculations ....

I'm sure XpoolX can provide us with a patch to download from the pool site. XpoolX, any comments?
xpoolx

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:21:33 PM

Nonsense how lol?

one4many

From XpoolX HomePage...

I'm sure XpoolX can provide us with a patch to download from the pool site. XpoolX, any comments?

I asked gatra to update it at github a month or two ago with the improvements and DDoS protection

BTW there are A LOT of forms to implement fees in stratum protocol, simba
Simba84

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:34:20 PM

Nonsense how lol?

one4many

From XpoolX HomePage...

I asked gatra to update it at github a month or two ago with the improvements and DDoS protection

I don't know. dga's stratum miner and xptMiner 2.0 doesn't support fees.
Simba84

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 10:27:16 PM

RiePool is under DDoS attack again..... but all is under control

WTF  Roll Eyes
one4many

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:40:48 AM

Nonsense how lol?

one4many

From XpoolX HomePage...

I don't know. dga's stratum miner and xptMiner 2.0 doesn't support fees.
Being such a extremely good coder re-implementing an entire miner client incl. stratum protocol support in assembler in a few months, I guess getting fees supported for stratum or a partial hash-power redirect (if done that myself in a stratum proxy, it is not that hard) would be an estimated effort of a few days if not only hours for you.
So go ahead and please do it or open source your changes to the miner you illegally license.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:58:44 AM

Related to open/closed source licensing

https://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/135450/taking-an-open-source-project-to-closed-source

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:05:24 AM

long story short: if it's GPL, you can't close source it, unless you have written permission by all the authors (they are relicensing it for you).

one4many

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:31:14 PM

long story short: if it's GPL, you can't close source it, unless you have written permission by all the authors (they are relicensing it for you).
+1 ... That is what I said all along, only in a nice article  Grin
My9bot

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:51:17 PM

+1 ... That is what I said all along, only in a nice article  Grin
I'm on one4many side closed source is bad for all of us!!!!!
Pls GPL don´t allow closed source!!!!!!!

I'm better with code than with words-SatoshiNakamoto
Espers [ESP]SiteOnBlockchain
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:58:40 PM

It would probably be best if xpoolx addresses the problem of ~70% of hashrate being on his pool before the optimized miner was made public (if ever). Otherwise xpoolx miners will have an even larger percentage of hash power.
one4many

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:35:16 AM

It would probably be best if xpoolx addresses the problem of ~70% of hashrate being on his pool before the optimized miner was made public (if ever). Otherwise xpoolx miners will have an even larger percentage of hash power.
ALL pools should stop accepting miners when they reach 49 %.
I guess you can get the data from the API https://chainz.cryptoid.info provides (probably one of the undocumented ones).
But that is not a condition for Riepool to release code. License breach is license breach.
My9bot

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:25:54 PM

ALL pools should stop accepting miners when they reach 49 %.
I guess you can get the data from the API https://chainz.cryptoid.info provides (probably one of the undocumented ones).
But that is not a condition for Riepool to release code. License breach is license breach.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/explorer/index.pools.dws?coin=ric
Code:
{"pools":[{"name":"RiePool","id":"8","url":"http://riepool.ovh/","nb100":61,"nb1000":322},
{"name":"XpoolX","id":"6","url":"http://www.xpoolx.com/","nb100":30,"nb1000":543},
{"name":"gpupool.com","id":"7","url":"http://gpupool.com/","nb100":5,"nb1000":45},
{"name":"Unknown","id":"","url":"","nb100":3,"nb1000":89},
{"name":"MiniPool","id":"10","url":"","nb100":1,"nb1000":1}]}

or

Code:
<?php 
function calc($networkHashrate,$hashrate)
{
return Round(100 $networkHashrate * ($hashrate*1000), 2); 
}

$api=json_decode(file_get_contents('http://riepool.ovh/index.php?page=api&action=public'),true);
echo 
calc($api['network_hashrate'],$api['hashrate']).'<br>';

$api=json_decode(file_get_contents('http://xpoolx.com/index.php?page=api&action=public'),true);
echo 
calc($api['network_hashrate'],$api['hashrate']).'<br>';
?>

I'm better with code than with words-SatoshiNakamoto
Espers [ESP]SiteOnBlockchain
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: