Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:00:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684840 times)
priestc

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:23:46 PM

I made a pull request to add RIC to SLIP44: https://github.com/satoshilabs/slips/pull/68

Also RIC is now a supported coin in multiexplorer! http://multiexplorer.com/wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 02:26:07 AM

Interesting.  Would it be helpful if I updated the open-source miner?  I don't have very much time right now in the semester, but might be able to sneak in a weekend.  It's been two years - I bet I can find at least a 10% speed bump, though it's been a while since I've looked at my code.

A performance boost for the open source miner would certainly help promote better hashrate distribution.

+1 Here ... I might even start mining again.  Grin

ok.  I'm out of time for now, but as a start, I've:
(a)  Merged the pull request for stratum support from the riecoin github account into mine, in branch "stratum".
(b)  Started a little bit of code cleanup as I try to remember my way around the code.  As a starting point, I
ripped out a little code in favor of using the primesieve library, fixed a bug with the choice of the number of
workers doing the sieve, and started moving the code a bit more to more-standard c++11.

this is all in github/dave-andersen/fastrie on branch "stratum".

is there any reason to keep the old ypool/xpt protocol version around, or should we just go all-stratum?

I'd be curious if anyone sees a performance difference or regression from that bugfix, but it won't
be more than a percent or three.  Right now, my focus is on getting the code into a slightly
better place for further optimization.  (Please don't expect miracles or be annoyed if they don't
manifest. Smiley

gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 01:09:52 PM

I made a pull request to add RIC to SLIP44: https://github.com/satoshilabs/slips/pull/68

Also RIC is now a supported coin in multiexplorer! http://multiexplorer.com/wallet

great! thanks

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:40:29 PM

Interesting.  Would it be helpful if I updated the open-source miner?  I don't have very much time right now in the semester, but might be able to sneak in a weekend.  It's been two years - I bet I can find at least a 10% speed bump, though it's been a while since I've looked at my code.

A performance boost for the open source miner would certainly help promote better hashrate distribution.

+1 Here ... I might even start mining again.  Grin

ok.  I'm out of time for now, but as a start, I've:
(a)  Merged the pull request for stratum support from the riecoin github account into mine, in branch "stratum".
(b)  Started a little bit of code cleanup as I try to remember my way around the code.  As a starting point, I
ripped out a little code in favor of using the primesieve library, fixed a bug with the choice of the number of
workers doing the sieve, and started moving the code a bit more to more-standard c++11.

is there any reason to keep the old ypool/xpt protocol version around, or should we just go all-stratum?

I'd be curious if anyone sees a performance difference or regression from that bugfix, but it won't
be more than a percent or three.  Right now, my focus is on getting the code into a slightly
better place for further optimization.  (Please don't expect miracles or be annoyed if they don't
manifest. Smiley

Sweet ... a good start ... looking forward for me open source. This is what makes a community stronger!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 01:33:18 AM

Interesting.  Would it be helpful if I updated the open-source miner?  I don't have very much time right now in the semester, but might be able to sneak in a weekend.  It's been two years - I bet I can find at least a 10% speed bump, though it's been a while since I've looked at my code.

+1 Here ... I might even start mining again.  Grin

ok.  I'm out of time for now, but as a start, I've:
(a)  Merged the pull request for stratum support from the riecoin github account into mine, in branch "stratum".
(b)  Started a little bit of code cleanup as I try to remember my way around the code.  As a starting point, I

be more than a percent or three.  Right now, my focus is on getting the code into a slightly
better place for further optimization.  (Please don't expect miracles or be annoyed if they don't
manifest. Smiley

Sweet ... a good start ... looking forward for me open source. This is what makes a community stronger!

a riecoin pool ...

if someone can create a python hash to install - ill get it installed into the cwi-stratum and set up a pool to test / run the riecoin daemon ...

i can get started on this next week ... if we can get this working - this will make it for a higher distribution of miners ...

this is THE main reason when i first asked - about the 'algo' ... the name - the type - the hashfunctions that make up the algo that riecoin uses ... had i known this from the beginning - we could have setup something in the mean time ...

but - we are here now - and help would be appreciated to get the python hash organized and installed in the cwi-stratum - so that we can get a the riecoin pool into the cwi-poolsystem ...

let me know what you guys / gals think ...

#crysx

dga

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 05:34:11 PM

a riecoin pool ...

if someone can create a python hash to install - ill get it installed into the cwi-stratum and set up a pool to test / run the riecoin daemon ...

i can get started on this next week ... if we can get this working - this will make it for a higher distribution of miners ...

this is THE main reason when i first asked - about the 'algo' ... the name - the type - the hashfunctions that make up the algo that riecoin uses ... had i known this from the beginning - we could have setup something in the mean time ...

but - we are here now - and help would be appreciated to get the python hash organized and installed in the cwi-stratum - so that we can get a the riecoin pool into the cwi-poolsystem ...

#crysx

I've never dealt with pool code before - can you give me a pointer to the equivalent python hash code for some other coin so I can see what interface it needs?  Just doing the PoW verification in Python should be easy, as long as you don't care if it's super-optimized.

dga

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 10:08:45 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 11:04:30 PM by dga

be more than a percent or three.  Right now, my focus is on getting the code into a slightly
better place for further optimization.  (Please don't expect miracles or be annoyed if they don't
manifest. Smiley

[/quote]

git commit:  e47c173..b5b1d59  stratum -> stratum
https://github.com/dave-andersen/fastrie/tree/stratum

Should be a 1-3% speed boost.  I didn't test exhaustively on other machines, but on my
Haswell test system (i7-4770), it went from about 83 2ch/s to 87 2ch/s.  YMMV, of course.
As always, feedback welcomed.

If you find value in this miner, please send tips to Gatra.  And consider getting a DDoS-protected
wallet online to further annoy the DDoS-jerk.  I'll post more detailed instructions on this soon.

[Addendum:  Further commits removed a few more unnecessary files left over from
the xptMiner days that are not used.  Will continue to get this repository into good
shape so Riecoin has a solid miner codebase to build on.]

xpoolx

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:53:24 PM

Hi dga, trying to compile, compiler say cant find primesieve.hpp. Is this a compiler file? or maybe forgot to include in the repo?

Thanks
dga

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 12:11:20 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 12:22:33 AM by dga

Hi dga, trying to compile, compiler say cant find primesieve.hpp. Is this a compiler file? or maybe forgot to include in the repo?

Thanks

No - see updated installation instructions.  Need to install primesieve.

sudo apt-get install primesieve

on Ubuntu.  Instructions for other systems appreciated.  You can find it at http://primesieve.org/
if there isn't a version in your local package manager.

(updated)
The reason for this change:  Primesieve is a really nice, open-source prime generating library.  I replaced the code
in the existing miner that generates the sieving primes with two lines of a call to primesieve.
Removed about 40 lines of code and speeds up the startup time of the miner -- primesieve is really fast.

xpoolx

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:24:42 AM

Thanks

No - see updated installation instructions.  Need to install primesieve.

sudo apt-get install primesieve

on Ubuntu.  Instructions for other systems appreciated.  You can find it at http://primesieve.org/
if there isn't a version in your local package manager.

(updated)
The reason for this change:  Primesieve is a really nice, open-source prime generating library.  I replaced the code
in the existing miner that generates the sieving primes with two lines of a call to primesieve.
Removed about 40 lines of code and speeds up the startup time of the miner -- primesieve is really fast.

opps!

Sorry for not reading. Thanks for the reply
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 12:53:59 AM

a riecoin pool ...

#crysx

I've never dealt with pool code before - can you give me a pointer to the equivalent python hash code for some other coin so I can see what interface it needs?  Just doing the PoW verification in Python should be easy, as long as you don't care if it's super-optimized.

thats ok ...

the python hash ( a lot of pools no longer use the python stratum - but we have a unique custom built one now for cwi - so we need the python hash install file ) for granite is an x11 hash - and as such is available everywhere on git ... ill locate one to show you as the one we have installed is via pip ... if you have pip installed in your linux distro - you can find it in there - called x11_hash or dash_hash or something similar ...

we use centos 7 x64 - not ubuntu / debian ...

let me know how you go ...

#crysx

gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 02:42:03 AM

I found this dash_hash: https://github.com/dashpay/dash_hash  are you looking for something like this?

If you look here: https://github.com/gatra/stratum-mining
you can find my implementation of the PoW verification. Specifically riecoinPoW in util.py does the math thing after the sha2

Good luck!

a riecoin pool ...

#crysx

thats ok ...

the python hash ( a lot of pools no longer use the python stratum - but we have a unique custom built one now for cwi - so we need the python hash install file ) for granite is an x11 hash - and as such is available everywhere on git ... ill locate one to show you as the one we have installed is via pip ... if you have pip installed in your linux distro - you can find it in there - called x11_hash or dash_hash or something similar ...

#crysx

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 04:46:33 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 04:58:05 AM by chrysophylax

I found this dash_hash: https://github.com/dashpay/dash_hash  are you looking for something like this?

If you look here: https://github.com/gatra/stratum-mining
you can find my implementation of the PoW verification. Specifically riecoinPoW in util.py does the math thing after the sha2

Good luck!

a riecoin pool ...

#crysx

I've never dealt with pool code before - can you give me a pointer to the equivalent python hash code for some other coin so I can see what interface it needs?  Just doing the PoW verification in Python should be easy, as long as you don't care if it's super-optimized.

thats ok ...

#crysx

appreciated ...

the dash_hash is one of the x11 hash implementations for python - so yup that is exactly what im looking for insofaras a python stratum hash implementation ...

ill have a look when i have a little more time tonight ...

need the python stratum experts opinion on what and how this can be implemented ...

again - much appreciated ...

#crysx

Verdell

Activity: 308
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:46:16 PM

Ric seems under valued I think maybe way undervalued I think we should start a slack get the community more involved with ric
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 06:37:07 PM

Kinda hard to follow what this coin offers.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
ziiip

Activity: 255

uBlock.it Admin

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 02:13:00 AM

{
"version" : 100200,
"protocolversion" : 10070001,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 646528,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 519, Shocked
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 1419.00000000,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1486796207,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : ""
}

Riecoin Pool http://uBlock.it/
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 02:39:27 AM

ok ...

seems that the work involved in getting this 'algo' to integrate into the existing stratum - is more work than its worth ... as its a complete rewrite ...

damn! ...

this is the issue with this type of setup - where adoption is minimal - and the difficulty level in getting things integrated costs more than the infrastructure itself ... until we have the extra time ( which is the main reason ) and cashflow ( the second ) to commit to the development of the backend systems for the coin - at this moment in time this module for our systems needs to be shelved for us at cwi ...

apologies - as i truly believe this is a coin worth following ...

#crysx

zahidpervez

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:17:09 PM

ONLY RIC IS LEFT ON POLO TO GO 2 TO 4X  Wink Wink Wink
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:40:50 PM

ONLY RIC IS LEFT ON POLO TO GO 2 TO 4X  Wink Wink Wink

10x+ potential.. not 4x.. I think today we will break 3k then we can say real breakout happened.. and then moon

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:32:03 AM

Today is the day for ric, shakeout went well now it is time for 3k+
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: