Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:20:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684905 times)
IGJ

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:30:17 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 04:09:04 PM by IGJ

Hello,
   First I would like to say, I am not developer of the project, and all I am doing is only because I am finding riecoin very useful and
meaningful project. All funds I am investing in this are my personal and nobody pay me for this. I cant guarantee everything and always will work, but I will try to help as much as I can.

Today I am deploying riecoin-community.com, to help setting your own wallets and nodes, and to can start from somewhere forming community.

If your wallet can not find nodes to sync you may add to your config file this line:

addnode=nodes.riecoin-community.com

I will try to update and keep actual all dns records. If you want to support riecoin network and running node 24/7 on static IP adress on standart port 28333, you can send me pm with your node IP, so I can add it to the dns records. I have plan to write script or program to check alive nodes and automatic update dns, but will need time.

On http://download.riecoin-community.com you can find current copy of riecoin blockchain for fast sync, copy of latest official wallet version (10.2) for linux, and small readme file, with explanation how to run your own wallet node under linux (sorry for my bad english, if somebody want to correct my mistakes and/or want to add more info and howto setup windows wallet/node feel free to pm me here I will append the readme.txt)

I think will be cool if we can do riecoin-community.com site with a lot how to sections, downloads, mailing lists and many useful things, but I am alone in this for now and this will be delayed. If somebody want to take that task or part of it pm me to make a plan what to do. In next days I think to work over the wallet, to fix it to can be compiled on modern linux distributions as well as on armbian. Do not expect any significant changes, must fix bignum.h to work with openssl > 1.0.0 , and to try compile it for raspberry pi and other modern ARM CPUs. I think this will give people more options to deploy their own wallets.

If somebody would like to create something useful for the Riecoin and need subdomain from riecoin-community.com let me know your idea and I will point dns record to it. If somebody have hosting server, skills, time and want to deploy forum let me know we can make it official forum of riecoin-community.com and move there in separate themes for all ideas we have and will have, will be better than to bloat the theme here.

All kind of help, ideas or recommendations are welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lzknr

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:14:21 PM

Some services that require an active node have been restored (particularly the jswallet, client-side javascript wallet):

https://cryptap.us/ric

Hopefully this can help folks who don't have a node get their RIC off-exchange. However, I can make no promises on the global RIC network. It would be a good idea to spin up a node if you want your RIC.

This is a great service and thanks for restoring it. It makes people's life much easier with a online wallet; payment with a cellphone becomes possible now. I(or the community) will donate if you need funds to keep it running.
lzknr

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:21:03 PM

Hello,

All kind of help, ideas or recommendations are welcome.

Thank you for bring up the website! Maybe we should have the "official site" link to it?

I am pretty sure this coin has its unique value and the community will build up. As promised, I'll spend some full time days on this project and will deliver a new client by end of 2018. Riecoin will be very successful.
IGJ

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

Thank you for bring up the website! Maybe we should have the "official site" link to it?

Ahoy, Izknr

I don't have access to official site to modify it and don't know who manage it.

Thank you about your work on the wallet. If you like can create something like izknr.riecoin-community.com and to point it to your machine where you to store or upload your work or sources. Right now my machine which I use for hosting will not be good for heavy loads, and the space is limited, so maybe next week I will search to get good hardware, with more space, or to find hosting somewhere.
  Also I can help you with testing or writing code, my C++ skills are not great (prefer C, hate object oriented programming), but patience and googling always helps Smiley.
hopguide

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:35:37 AM

Hello,
   First I would like to say, I am not developer of the project, and all I am doing is only because I am finding riecoin very useful and
meaningful project. All funds I am investing in this are my personal and nobody pay me for this. I cant guarantee everything and always will work, but I will try to help as much as I can.

Today I am deploying riecoin-community.com, to help setting your own wallets and nodes, and to can start from somewhere forming community.

Awesome, a Riecoin community website, this is exactly what the project needs!

We currently need a how to page, which explains that the current client will not sync if we do not add the nodes in the config file. I am sure that many people labelled the project as shit just because they were not able to sync.

One obvious thing to have is a news section. News could be anything like a new version is released or is coming soon, a new exchange listing, a new pool (or news about their status, as some like Ublock sometimes has problems), or if a world record has been broken. And anything related to Riecoin, like if a famous newspaper mentions it, or if some academic research is using the project. People must see that the project is alive and RIC is worth buying.

A neat tool would be a profitability calculator and a table which lists different CPUs and how many ch/s they can compute. You could show the prices of the exchanges too.

A forum, good idea, with sections about the project where people could give ideas to improve the miner algorithm or proof of work system, and other about anything.

Nice pages would be something that explains how the algorithm works, one for everyone and one for programmers, who could improve the miner.

Bonus points would be to implement a faucet in faucet.riecoin-community.com and exposing it to make Riecoin even more known: some advertising could be easily done in other faucets, so people who use them will see a new one and try it, and discover Riecoin at the same time.

Cryptapus, you seem to have one in your website, any plans to fix the maintenance mode?

The best would still that the official website Riecoin.org goes to hands like yours. At least, a mention to your website in the official one, and the first post of this topic (which should be updated too).
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 12:16:23 PM

Bonus points would be to implement a faucet in faucet.riecoin-community.com and exposing it to make Riecoin even more known: some advertising could be easily done in other faucets, so people who use them will see a new one and try it, and discover Riecoin at the same time.

Cryptapus, you seem to have one in your website, any plans to fix the maintenance mode?

Sure, faucet is re-enabled:

https://cryptap.us/ric/faucet

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
IGJ

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:45:35 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 04:57:53 PM by IGJ
Merited by xandry (1)

Update 2018-08-07

Successfully compiled static version of the current wallet (0.10.2). It should run on any linux distribution. Initial connection issues are fixed, so wallet should find nodes without problem. Only 64 bit linux console version for now, qt and windows version will follow, but first must make build environments. Will be good somebody to test it and report back if work  

http://download.riecoin-community.com/community_builds/riecoin-0.10.2-linux_community_0001.tar.gz

Awesome, a Riecoin community website, this is exactly what the project needs!

Thank you. I think the same as you. After I finish to mess with wallet (I think while Izknr finish newer wallet version, it is good to have older but working one) will start to work on riecoin-community.com site.

Aloha, Cryptapus
   Do you have something in mind if I redirect http://faucet.riecoin-community.com to https://cryptap.us/ric/faucet ?

Activity: 15
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:50:06 AM

I want to buy some riecoins, If you want to sell pm me with your price.
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 06:55:40 AM

I want to buy some riecoins, If you want to sell pm me with your price.

why you dont go to https://zapple.com/ and buy from there?

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
cryptapus

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 12:04:05 PM

Aloha, Cryptapus
   Do you have something in mind if I redirect http://faucet.riecoin-community.com to https://cryptap.us/ric/faucet ?

Sure, links are welcome.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
IGJ

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:59:34 PM

Update 2018-08-09

http://download.riecoin-community.com/community_builds/riecoin-0.10.2-community_debian.tar.gz

Graphical and console wallet for Debian 9 (Stretch). Contain and source code if you wish to compile it. Fixed various compiler errors and warnings. In source code directory added file HOWTO_COMPILE , so read it first and install dependances. Maybe binaries will work and/or will be able to be build on modern Ubuntu too. Unfortunately portable graphical linux wallet (riecoin-qt) cant be made easily, your best chance will be to build it in your envourment.

Added 32bit linux console wallet that should work on any i686 distributions in:
  http://download.riecoin-community.com/community_builds/riecoin-0.10.2-linux_community_0001.tar.gz

http://faucet.riecoin-community.com now redirect to https://cryptap.us/ric/faucet/
clo1

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:01:07 AM

I've made pretty good progress on the upgrade over the last couple weeks. If you take a look at the explorer network you will see a 0.16.0 node. I believe I have all the riecoin changes implemented. I was able to sync the chain starting from scratch. The gui is close to complete as well. I have a few more things I need to test. I'm hoping to release a version of the code in a couple weeks for more extensive testing.

Can someone give me a list of seed nodes to use? Should I use the list of nodes on page 284?

Are there any testnet nodes running?

Are there any dns seeds?

We will need to decide which of the bitcoin softforks we want to implement. The code is all there. It is just a matter of activating them. If we choose to activate them we might need to update miners to use a new block version.
IGJ

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:15:48 AM

I've made pretty good progress on the upgrade over the last couple weeks. If you take a look at the explorer network you will see a 0.16.0 node. I believe I have all the riecoin changes implemented. I was able to sync the chain starting from scratch. The gui is close to complete as well. I have a few more things I need to test. I'm hoping to release a version of the code in a couple weeks for more extensive testing.

Ahoy, clo1

Thats great news !

Can someone give me a list of seed nodes to use? Should I use the list of nodes on page 284?

Are there any testnet nodes running?

Are there any dns seeds?

If you need node list to hardcode them in the wallet as last resort to find seeds, Gatra should say. For your tests can use nodes from
nodes.riecoin-community.com (but maybe it is better to not start it on main network, till Gatra accept it). I will try to maintain actual nodes list next years (at least 3 years), also list from nodes.riecoin-community.com can be used as dns seeds. I'm trying to list only stable long run nodes.

I will pm you with my testnet nodes, you can use them for your tests.

cryptapus

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 11:21:07 AM

We will need to decide which of the bitcoin softforks we want to implement. The code is all there. It is just a matter of activating them. If we choose to activate them we might need to update miners to use a new block version.

All of them. It's not worth trying to deviate from upstream with the development manpower Riecoin has, and all available softforks offer valid network improvements.

CryptoCracker

Activity: 213

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:25:29 PM

Hey guys, I have some RIC on Polo and need to move it. Is there a mac wallet or where can I move the coins?
IGJ

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:09:56 PM

Hey guys, I have some RIC on Polo and need to move it. Is there a mac wallet or where can I move the coins?

Hello, CryptoCracker

On official riecoin site you can find mac wallet binaries:
http://www.riecoin.org/download.html

If mac version do not work for you, can use linux-noah (runs linux binaries on osx) or virtual machine over your mac and run linux. Then you can use linux wallet (static versions I posted, because they don't need any external libraries)
hopguide

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:46:15 PM

Very good, great news! Thank you! Are you working with Lzknr, or alone? (then you would be competing each other for the bounty) Do you have a GitHub repository, so we can check the progress?

Could you upgrade later to 0.16.2 instead of 0.16.0?

About hard coded nodes, try finding some very old lists and check if some nodes are still in the latest one from Ziiip, and choose these one. Or just run the client for a months and only keep the nodes that are connected at least 99 % of the time.

All of them. It's not worth trying to deviate from upstream with the development manpower Riecoin has, and all available softforks offer valid network improvements.

+1, and this is likely to improve in some way acceptance and integration of Riecoin in future exchanges. (like Barter DEX which required some BIPs, but would else gladly accept listing RIC)

Thank you!
lzknr

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:47:43 PM

I've made pretty good progress on the upgrade over the last couple weeks. If you take a look at the explorer network you will see a 0.16.0 node.

This is great! I am happy to see you making progress here.

TO hopguide: no I have not been working with him. I am happy to see that someone moved faster and I will loose the bounty.
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:55:03 PM

excuse my english i have riecoin in poloniex i loose a lot of money, i prefer no sell now, what can i do? where can my riecoins send to trade in the futur or exist any wallet to send it, help me please

I lost with this coin nearly 0.5 btc. Because I bought at price in more than 1,000 satoshi. I decided to not sell them and I installed desktop wallet and transferred to my desktop wallet already.

0.5 BTC sounds like a painful experience, but believe me there are people who lust a lot more than that. I know that doesn't bring your money back, but we are somehow all in the same boat.

Thank you for your messages. I'm very sad with my investment but I 'm trying to recover.
I bought at Polo around 0.42 BTC by average price 1,100 satoshi and Zapple around 0.05 BTC by average price 500 satoshi. ( total 2 exchanges , my break even price is around 975 satoshi ).
Now I'm trying to sell another coins and buy RIC. I'm trying to reduce my break even price as most as possible.
I like this coin and I try to follow up this coin from last year until now. I'm still think that this coin will have future.
De-listing coin is very high risk but I decided to continue with it. The time will tell us.

Get familiar with the term "Never catch a falling knife". Averaging down your price is good but only if you are very confident that it will ever go up in price significantly. Otherwise that strategy makes you lose a lot of money.

I bought RIC more on last day ( 2 Aug.'18 ) and my new break even price is around 450 satoshi. I have to wait for long time. May be I will correct.

I wish you the best of luck because right now that's what everyone in this market needs. So many weak hands are still in it.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
hopguide

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:35:20 PM

Just let them dump and give their hard earned money to more intelligent people. They will cry when the price will recover. This might need months, but as long as we have motivated people like Clo1, Lzknr, IGJ and all the community, there is no reason that the project will collapse. The 0.16 wallet, a good maintained community website, an interesting hard fork, some advertising, and the market cap will easily match the Primecoin one (which would give us a price over 6000 sat). IGJ, do not hesitate to take initiatives with your website and promote the project!

Carlospavone, Love diem, and all the holders who bought at more than 500, just do not panic. Forget about your coins and come back only in a few months to check the price. You should still be prepared to lose everything if I was too optimistic (never invest what you cannot afford to lose). But if you sell now, you lose for sure.

And congrats Guytp, Cryptoid is now using Zapple to show the price! Next step is CoinMarketCap!
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: