Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:37:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684840 times)
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

this is what i'v been thinking lately :

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:09:16 PM

Alright... And why do you think, that was a fair launch?

Just because it wasnt easy doesnt mean it wasnt fair.  Everyone had equal opportunity to get blocks.  Some just had more resources to go after them with... life tends to work that way.

The diff, while crazy high, was and may still be below the actual target time of 2.5mins.

There were 100's of thousands of CPUs running by the time the reward blocks started and even at 1 block / minute, there werent a whole lot of blocks to go around.

Check back in the thread - there was someone with 4000 CPUs complaining of not getting blocks.

Your complaint is fundamentally the same as complaint that you cant mine BTC with your laptop.

If you believe everything that is written in this thread , the whole planet was mining this coin.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
stompix
Legendary

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:10:52 PM

Good you've only been thinking it , not writing it down , cause man , is this a blasphemy towards the English language.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
paulus51

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:12:23 PM

Good you've only been thinking it , not writing it down , cause man , is this a blasphemy towards the English language.

well ......... people see what i ment with this right ?
cubydu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:13:13 PM

Hi people!

I'm offering support for people who want to set up pools (since I don't have the servers or time to operate a pool myself), but please have some specific questions, not like "how do I set up a pool?"
jh00 from ypool told me he is working on adding support for riecoin. He's making good progress, and looking at the work he did with primecoin he probably won't need my help.

I understand that the lack of pools undermined the fairness of the launch, but that will be corrected.

thank you all

gatra

I have server with 24 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5639 and I can setup pool. But I don't know how compute POW.

keepwalking1234

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:16:44 PM

Hi people!

I'm offering support for people who want to set up pools (since I don't have the servers or time to operate a pool myself), but please have some specific questions, not like "how do I set up a pool?"
jh00 from ypool told me he is working on adding support for riecoin. He's making good progress, and looking at the work he did with primecoin he probably won't need my help.

I understand that the lack of pools undermined the fairness of the launch, but that will be corrected.

thank you all

gatra

nice work!

also we need a exchange platform, better a big exchange platform. may be mcxnow or cryptsy.

Your dreams are waiting to be realized.
CSM00

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:19:47 PM

By millionaire you mean $100 USD and an AWS account?

Edit: And I forgot, Amazon will give a free $100 evaluation credit.
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:21:09 PM

thank you all offering servers, I'll get back to you when I have some code to share

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
paulus51

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:21:46 PM

well is this better english

CSM00

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:22:31 PM

Hi people!

thank you all

gatra

nice work!

also we need a exchange platform, better a big exchange platform. may be mcxnow or cryptsy.

Putting this on an exchange right now would kill it given that I'd guess a lot of the current holders are botnet operators and the dumptrucks would roll in quickly.

Right now, its an interesting new algo / PoW and its going to take some time before you can dump it Smiley

Makes it rough to try something new like gatra did when every coin is expected to be a pump and dump and no one can look beyond the next 24hrs for future value.
maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

Hi people!

thank you all

gatra

well for instance you could optimize your CPU miner rminerd more becouse there are some errors in thats wy people cant find coins, for day's now  Wink

do you mean errors in scanhash_riecoin function? (now trying to work with that, the situation around the coin really looks like there are errors, not just performance problems)

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
GordonSSS

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:26:02 PM

You'll need more than $100 credit... there was someone with 120K cores on AWS, costing $1,200 an HOUR, and he wasn't finding much

By millionaire you mean $100 USD and an AWS account?

Edit: And I forgot, Amazon will give a free $100 evaluation credit.

XPM: AWFyioszN3vsyQsPbAtCybqu3j5v6FqQTE
RIC: RDzYLbepJdGu5vZMwYe5GtiJYe417AWJJV
BTC: 1LXgRb1F6KZmVQBzcKsfpAAL57Se9EKeT6
paulus51

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:30:29 PM

Hi people!

thank you all

gatra

well for instance you could optimize your CPU miner rminerd more becouse there are some errors in thats wy people cant find coins, for day's now  Wink

do you mean errors in scanhash_riecoin function? (now trying to work with that, the situation around the coin really looks like there are errors, not just performance problems)

well lets say the whole coin, rminerd..... and so fort .................
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 03:01:32 PM

Because of the variance in success and some quirks of the search, here's a patch to let people have a little more visibility into how the miner is doing:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dga/rie_log.patch

To use, download the miner source and
  cd (your-source-directory)
  patch < rie_log.patch

You should see log output whenever the miner finds a chain of length 2 or longer.

Look for roughly a 10x difference in length 2, length 3, ..., blocks in your output log over time.  If you're *not* seeing any length N chains -- because, e.g., you've broken something during optimizing -- then you know something is wrong.

I've found that the rate of generating length 2 or 3 chains is a good backup benchmark to use.

Gatra, please feel free to have full ownership of the patch - I release any copyright claims to it - if you want to include it or something like it in the default miner.

-Dave

Yog-Sothoth

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:02:43 PM

I liked the way this coin was launched, mostly fair, the one bad thing being that no pool was available at launch.  Personally, with 96 cores was able to get a block of 40.19097222 and 1 full value of 50.  Compared with other launches I've been in on, this was executed fairly well.  The windows wallet not being available at the start was a minor issue since it was released before blocks started having value, so while you weren't getting the full stress test for difficulty, at least Windows users were able to get in on the start of profitability (unlike some other coins show shall remain nameless ::cough cough:: max ::cough cough::.

I hope this coin continues to grow and really hope to see it on YPool soon.  Also, getting support on an exchange in the relatively near future would be nice.
CSM00

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:03:35 PM

thank you all offering servers, I'll get back to you when I have some code to share

Could you generate / manage addresses for donations?  Not for silly crap like spamming Cryptsy, but for code, pools, etc.

I'd be willing to throw some RIC and/or BTC into the fray.
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 03:16:25 PM

Could you generate / manage addresses for donations?  Not for silly crap like spamming Cryptsy, but for code, pools, etc.

I'd be willing to throw some RIC and/or BTC into the fray.

Donations are always welcome. The addresses are the ones listed in riecoin.org:

RIC: RByJXMhtRa2Jc2ix6sWoVRZq3kyK3zb8nY
BTC: 1Ud6xgvXwKGksbguVgke8UTbJ9sYr9AuH

I do code, and I'll maintain the client, miners and give support to pools and p2pool. I'm against paying to get into exchanges.

The cpuminer works fine, no errors on scanhash_riecoin, but I realize some optimizations could be done. I'll look into that tomorrow but don't expect huge improvement.

Thank you.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 03:18:03 PM

Because of the variance in success and some quirks of the search, here's a patch to let people have a little more visibility into how the miner is doing:

patch < rie_log.patch

You should see log output whenever the miner finds a chain of length 2 or longer.

Look for roughly a 10x difference in length 2, length 3, ..., blocks in your output log over time.  If you're *not* seeing any length N chains -- because, e.g., you've broken something during optimizing -- then you know something is wrong.

I've found that the rate of generating length 2 or 3 chains is a good backup benchmark to use.

Gatra, please feel free to have full ownership of the patch - I release any copyright claims to it - if you want to include it or something like it in the default miner.

-Dave

nice, will take look at it. Have in mind that the 10x may vary with difficulty.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
ikom

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:21:39 PM

patch < rie_log.patch

-Dave

How to redirect output to the file? standard > doesn't work for me
stompix
Legendary

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:21:56 PM

You'll need more than $100 credit... there was someone with 120K cores on AWS, costing $1,200 an HOUR, and he wasn't finding much

Yeah , I heard that NSA was trying to mine this with 250 billions cores but didn't manage to find any block.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: