Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:57:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684939 times)
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:21:43 AM

But you will then pay a hefty penalty in mining performance for checking all six candidates instead of an early abort strategy when checking a chain of four candidates. Modular exponentiation is a very expensive operation for the size of numbers that we are dealing with.

Yes, that's why I suggest requiring the first number to be prime. This will filter out lots of cases, so if the effectivity of the sieve is good, the overhead of not doing the early abort wouldn't be that much. Maybe require first 2 numbers to be prime... this should be enough to discourage biasing towards 4-tuples without much overhead.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steban

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:38:01 AM

Wondering why is it listed as RIC, instead of RIE?
Supercomputing

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:00:38 AM

Five (5) orphan blocks within the last 24 hours - so one-quarter of my solo mined blocks end up as orphans Tongue

@gatra

Have you started to work on a GPU miner? If not, how long from now until you begin to work on a prototype?

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
dr_chen

Activity: 494

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:16:35 PM

Is this coin dead?

too difficult to mine

too low the price

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
steban

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:36:28 PM

Is this coin dead?

too difficult to mine

too low the price

As price goes down, miner stop mining the coin, which makes it easier to mine for others. So at some point it reaches an equilibrium.

I wish the developer was a bit more active, but understand is probably A LOT of work to get things off the ground.
anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:54:08 PM

Is this coin dead?

too difficult to mine

too low the price

As price goes down, miner stop mining the coin, which makes it easier to mine for others. So at some point it reaches an equilibrium.

I wish the developer was a bit more active, but understand is probably A LOT of work to get things off the ground.

Out of all the cryptos I've invested in, this is the one that I've got most wrong. It's a great idea, but it seems like some entity (botnet / GPU miner) is constantly dumping the price lower. I hope they move on soon. This chart is not pretty viewing:

steban

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:04:17 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 03:18:42 PM by steban

Is this coin dead?

too difficult to mine

too low the price

Out of all the cryptos I've invested in, this is the one that I've got most wrong. It's a great idea, but it seems like some entity (botnet / GPU miner) is constantly dumping the price lower. I hope they move on soon. This chart is not pretty viewing:

At some point the price/work will reach equilibrium.  Still I think the developer could improve the code so that it requires a lot more memory, which will make things a lot more difficult for Botnets, as the infected users will notice the slowdown and find the botnet software. Thus prompting the botnet to move to a new coin.
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:58:40 PM

Please use this version of the Riecoin video for promotions. I opened an account just for Riecoin. Also, when I can figure out how to associate the channel to riecoin.com, It will eventually have clickable links right in the vid that take you to the official website. So please direct all traffic here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zzwimv5VQg
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:00:57 PM

Is this coin dead?

too difficult to mine

too low the price

At some point the price/work will reach equilibrium.  Still I think the developer could improve the code so that it requires a lot more memory, which will make things a lot more difficult for Botnets, as the infected users will notice the slowdown and find the botnet software. Thus prompting the botnet to move to a new coin.

You know what I say to this low price? Buy more! That is exactly what I am going to do when I can today. And that is a very good point. Dev, can you consider implementing this?

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:17:56 PM

I love the premise of the coin.  Lots of potential!  Way too many coins released without the developer giving constant updates and having interaction with the community.

Maybe most of these guys don't have a marketing background, but at the very least you should visit your own thread to re-store consumer confidence.

If you want to succeed with this coin you will need to be more active, or this coin will fall by the wayside.

remistevens

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

I love the premise of the coin.  Lots of potential!  Way too many coins released without the developer giving constant updates and having interaction with the community.

Maybe most of these guys don't have a marketing background, but at the very least you should visit your own thread to re-store consumer confidence.

If you want to succeed with this coin you will need to be more active, or this coin will fall by the wayside.

Gatra stops in to say things every couple days at least. You'll also see him frequently on Riecointalk.com. Also, he's the first dev I know of who updated with the new Bitcoin transaction malleability fix.

In the end, marketers are a dime a dozen, but someone who can write something like Riecoin is a great rarity. That said though, I agree RIC is desperately in need of better marketing.
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:33:30 PM

Hey Dev,

Can you contact Gliss to post Riecoin on coinmarketcap.com?

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
cryptonewbie

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:43:27 PM

Gatra stops in to say things every couple days at least. You'll also see him frequently on Riecointalk.com. Also, he's the first dev I know of who updated with the new Bitcoin transaction malleability fix.

In the end, marketers are a dime a dozen, but someone who can write something like Riecoin is a great rarity. That said though, I agree RIC is desperately in need of better marketing.

Mostly agree.  I think marketing is essential.  Look at Dogecoin.  Nothing special about the coin from a development standpoint, but the community and marketing sets it apart. 

Focusing purely on development is a lethal mistake.  There are now over 120 coins on marketcap, and Riecoin isn't one of them. 

remistevens

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:58:24 PM

Mostly agree.  I think marketing is essential.  Look at Dogecoin.  Nothing special about the coin from a development standpoint, but the community and marketing sets it apart. 

Focusing purely on development is a lethal mistake.  There are now over 120 coins on marketcap, and Riecoin isn't one of them. 

Absolutely, Doge's marketing efforts have been brilliant, and marketing itself is definitely of value without anything else. The reason I keep buying more RIC is because I feel like the harder part (development) is very solid. RIC doesn't need marketing brilliance to succeed, it just needs good marketing - which in my opinion will only take a matter of time. As mentioned above, the coin won't die from low prices, that will just make it easier to mine and buy draw in more newcomers (hopefully a good marketer too!).
cryptonewbie

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:06:10 PM

Absolutely, Doge's marketing efforts have been brilliant, and marketing itself is definitely of value without anything else. The reason I keep buying more RIC is because I feel like the harder part (development) is very solid. RIC doesn't need marketing brilliance to succeed, it just needs good marketing - which in my opinion will only take a matter of time. As mentioned above, the coin won't die from low prices, that will just make it easier to mine and buy draw in more newcomers (hopefully a good marketer too!).

I hope you are right.  We can agree to disagree.  I actually think the community and marketing is far more important.  Do you really think Nike shoes function that much better than 10th placed shoe in the market, or does the marketing of Jordan, Lebron, Tiger set itself apart?

trny

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:11:05 PM

Hey Dev,

Riecoin needs a static site that displays total supply first. This will come when a block explorer comes on, which I and another user are still working on
remistevens

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:42:05 PM

I hope you are right.  We can agree to disagree.  I actually think the community and marketing is far more important.  Do you really think Nike shoes function that much better than 10th placed shoe in the market, or does the marketing of Jordan, Lebron, Tiger set itself apart?

HA, I hope I'm right too! . . .Ah but with Nike you're looking at brilliant marketing - brilliant marketing is hard to come by and/or very expensive. You can sell anything no matter how crappy with brilliant marketing - and Nike succeeds on its brand for sure. What I'm saying is good products don't need brilliant marketing, sure it would help, but its not necessary (good marketing is necessary, but not brilliance). For every 1 Nike, there are 10 other lesser known shoe companies also profiting because they have OK marketing and a good product. . . .

remistevens

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:48:35 PM

hmmm, I guess marketing and community are parts of the product themselves though in the case of cryptos. Ultimately its the community that makes it secure and valuable. I just fear, and avoid, coins that don't take decentralization and security at their core. I only got into bitcoin because its P2P, if a coin lacks that I have little to no interest irregardless of the marketing. I just don't see the point. I'd rather promote my nation's own currency (yuck) than something an anonymous stranger has control of.

HA, I hope I'm right too! . . .Ah but with Nike you're looking at brilliant marketing - brilliant marketing is hard to come by and/or very expensive. You can sell anything no matter how crappy with brilliant marketing - and Nike succeeds on its brand for sure. What I'm saying is good products don't need brilliant marketing, sure it would help, but its not necessary (good marketing is necessary, but not brilliance). For every 1 Nike, there are 10 other lesser known shoe companies also profiting because they have OK marketing and a good product. . . .

maxsolnc

Activity: 350

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 07:49:59 PM

This. I know that Riecoin is a great coin\product, but no marketing around it at all.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:50:43 PM

Hey Dev,

Riecoin needs a static site that displays total supply first. This will come when a block explorer comes on, which I and another user are still working on

It's great that you are working on the block explorer: we really need that, and it would be cool to have a friendly way to display the prime numbers.
In the meantime, I made the site that displays total supply in real time. Now WorldCoinIndex and CoinMarketCap.com are ready to add Riecoin.
I didn't have contact with anyone from CoinMarketCap.com yet, but I just filled their new coin request form.

Thanks and regards,
Gatra

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: