Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:57:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684940 times)
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:26:45 PM

Quote from: stratum-mining
2014-03-18 15:24:30,137 DEBUG mining # Worker invalid percent: 100.00 stox.worker_rie1 STILL BANNED!
What does banning do? Will this worker be unbanned if it submits a valid share? Most workers will be banned, 95% of shares submitted are deemed invalid by stratum-mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:38:10 PM

Quote from: stratum-mining
2014-03-18 15:24:30,137 DEBUG mining # Worker invalid percent: 100.00 stox.worker_rie1 STILL BANNED!
What does banning do? Will this worker be unbanned if it submits a valid share? Most workers will be banned, 95% of shares submitted are deemed invalid by stratum-mining.

you should get people to use the latest miner, I had 99%+ accepted (testnet)

I don't know how unbanning works, that's a question for ahmed_bodi I guess, but I can investigate.

You have these settings in config.py

Code:
# ******************** Worker Ban Options *********************
ENABLE_WORKER_BANNING = True    # Enable/disable temporary worker banning
WORKER_CACHE_TIME = 600         # How long the worker stats cache is good before we check and refresh
WORKER_BAN_TIME = 300           # How long we temporarily ban worker
INVALID_SHARES_PERCENT = 50     # Allow average invalid shares vary this % before we ban

so I guess with default settings they will be unbanned after 300 seconds?

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
surfer43

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:39:09 PM

OK, thanks for the help  Smiley

Workers will be banned for 30 seconds if they submit more than 50% invalid shares. So please update :-)
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:49:58 PM

OK, thanks for the help  Smiley

Workers will be banned for 30 seconds if they submit more than 50% invalid shares. So please update :-)

high difficulty is hard! just got 1 share at your pool

Code:
[2014-03-18 16:42:31] accepted: 1/1 (100.00%), 2446513 khash/s (yay!!!)

gotta go now. Miner and pool seem ok, so later I'll release binaries of the latest miner at github and then I'll start to implement the optimization.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
goodluck0319

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:53:20 PM

is there any miner that works with RIC pool perfectly?
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:53:51 PM

ric.upcpu.com is also open for testing
They use xpt insted of stratum, so the optimized miners for ypool should work on the upcpu pool too

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:01:34 PM

Following up on my earlier tracing of offsets and difficulty, here's a new graph:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dga/crypto/ric/diff_offset_2014_03_18.png

Looks like within a few days, the low-primorial miners will mostly be gone.

Supercomputing alluded to this, but I think it'll be interesting to see what happens with coprimes (offsets relative to the primorial) other than the first.  The ypool miner and mine both use only the first (+97 for 2310, and +16057 for big primorials).  But a00k's uses a different coprime for each worker.  I'm not sure I see a fundamental advantage to using the coprimes unless we start exhausting the 256 bit nonce space with large primorials and need to search more densely, but it seems like something to keep in mind.

I'll see if I can add a coprime-detector to my analysis code for some graphs next week.  That should also provide a better signature of the miner used to mine the block - interesting stuff.

northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:06:14 PM

Following up on my earlier tracing of offsets and difficulty, here's a new graph:

Supercomputing alluded to this, but I think it'll be interesting to see what happens with coprimes (offsets relative to the primorial) other than the first.  The ypool miner and mine both use only the first (+97 for 2310, and +16057 for big primorials).  But a00k's uses a different coprime for each worker.  I'm not sure I see a fundamental advantage to using the coprimes unless we start exhausting the 256 bit nonce space with large primorials and need to search more densely, but it seems like something to keep in mind.

I'll see if I can add a coprime-detector to my analysis code for some graphs next week.  That should also provide a better signature of the miner used to mine the block - interesting stuff.

Wow. Excellent!

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:14:41 PM

All these primorial optimizations are assuming that all 'coprimes' as you say (I'm not sure it's the correct term, I'd call them 'remainders' since they are the remainder of the first prime of the sextuplet modulo the primorial) are equiprobable (ie sextuplets are distributed evenly amongst different remainders). It's logical to assume that, but I think it's not proven to be true. Some may give better performance than others - and it could be a big difference.
The safest approach would be to choose one at random and switch every few minutes or something. And of course the best would be to research if they are truly the same or not.

Some of you people thought your were mining this for the money? while you were distracted, I made you do science! ha! Smiley

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
vlax352

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:24:12 PM

anyone managed to compile miner for windows which work on stratum pool?
i tried and it gives me errors...
Aboroth

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:24:50 PM

Just to be a pedantic dick I don't think this is science, it's math (and math is most definitely not science), which is fine too.  Smiley
surfer43

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:33:51 PM

Bitcoin has positive feedback.
Riecoin has double positive feedback.
Once difficulty gets high enough, there will be record breaking prime sextuplets, which means press and more users.
crendore

Activity: 363

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:34:08 PM

All these primorial optimizations are assuming that all 'coprimes' as you say (I'm not sure it's the correct term, I'd call them 'remainders' since they are the remainder of the first prime of the sextuplet modulo the primorial) are equiprobable (ie sextuplets are distributed evenly amongst different remainders). It's logical to assume that, but I think it's not proven to be true. Some may give better performance than others - and it could be a big difference.
The safest approach would be to choose one at random and switch every few minutes or something. And of course the best would be to research if they are truly the same or not.

Some of you people thought your were mining this for the money? while you were distracted, I made you do science! ha! Smiley

This is one of the greatest things i've read on this board in a long time.

dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:39:20 PM

*grin*  Sorry - coprimes was a00k's term, I call them offsets, but remainders is probably better.

Oh, I'm in this for the fun. 

Would be interesting to know if we could embed more information in the block to help do that study more to be able to tease apart miner popularity/performance/probabilities.

gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:42:53 PM

math is most definitely not science

oh, come on... I can be a pedantic dick too:

acccording to wikipedia
Carl Friedrich Gauss (1777–1855) referred to mathematics as "the Queen of the Sciences".[13] Benjamin Peirce (1809–1880) called mathematics "the science that draws necessary conclusions"

here at UBA, Math shares the same building with Physics and Computer Science at the Faculty of Exact Sciences Smiley

Now you could say that Computer Science is most definitely not science... but I'd pretend I didn't hear Smiley

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:50:09 PM

*grin*  Sorry - coprimes was a00k's term, I call them offsets, but remainders is probably better.

Oh, I'm in this for the fun. 

Would be interesting to know if we could embed more information in the block to help do that study more to be able to tease apart miner popularity/performance/probabilities.

Cool idea, it would be impossible to enforce or to avoid some miners lying, but those would be a minority - if any. We could have some standard way to store that in the coinbase transaction, but it wouldn't work for miners that use "getwork"... let's think about it.

Another thing: different remainders or offsets would be a good way to implement threading, better than dividing the nonce space as rminerd does.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
cell.md

Activity: 104

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

Hi, this is my first post here:)
I'd like to share my RIC solo-miner code, embedded in riecoind.

https://bitbucket.org/a00k/riecoin

hi a00k

I've compiled your version of riecoind, but just a few second after entering setgenerate true 20 the riecoind exits. In console appear:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'  what():  std::bad_alloc

System is:
Linux srv 3.12-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.12.6-2 (2013-12-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

CPU:
CPU model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5650  @ 2.67GHz

It's so sad Sad
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:21:58 PM

Just to be a pedantic dick I don't think this is science, it's math (and math is most definitely not science), which is fine too.  Smiley

i am studding relativity right now. please come and tell me about math being DEFINITELY not science...
goodluck0319

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:16:20 PM

ric.upcpu.com is also open for testing
They use xpt insted of stratum, so the optimized miners for ypool should work on the upcpu pool too

how do I transfer RIC coin into the wallet?

xptMiner.exe -o ricpool.upcpu.com -u RCeZfFMVsJqkeZi21w8j3U8mUhwzDW2T99.worker -p x -t 8

or

xptMiner.exe -o ricpool.upcpu.com -u RCeZfFMVsJqkeZi21w8j3U8mUhwzDW2T99 -p x -t 8

which one is correct?
surfer43

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:31:40 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 11:09:42 PM by surfer43

^^ I would assume the latter. On the website, it says the former.

Can anyone provide an equation for calculating the estimated 4-chains required to find a 6-chain and thus mine a block?
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: