Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:45:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684935 times)
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:21:00 AM

hi, I had the impression you were the developer of android app Wink

diff down to 1622, lowest I remember.

Now is good idea to start cloud mining Wink

I was developing it but got stuck since I am new to the android scene. Been busy since then and I'd figure it'd be faster to make a bounty for someone who's more competent than me. Nevertheless, I still havn't stopped working on the app and other projects for Riecoin. I am a bit tight on budget right now so I can't buy hosting for the faucet I made for Riecoin.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
northranger79510

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:24:46 AM

I've asked Gatra to help but understandably he is swamped with stratum mining support for Riecoin next client which is hard to program into I would imagine. So the app will be sidelined for now. Nevertheless it is still being worked on. But if someone wants to compete to complete it, be my guest and the 1000 RIC is yours.

northranger79510

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:31:59 AM

I'd like to remind everyone that although at times, Riecoin may seems like it is dying, it is not. For one, Gatra and I will support it even if the coin loses steam. Constant development are being made by Gatra and mini-projects by the Foundation. We need miners and the community support too. Riecoin will slowly rise and remain at the top without needing fancy gizmos and whatnot.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:37:09 AM

I would think a move to Cryptsy unwise as an observer here.

I am a developer myself and I refuse to pay huge ransoms to be listed on any exchange.  Period.

If the sum was small I might consider it for covering their fees.

The good coins like this one and some others will stand the test of time.

Personally I feel that as a coin grows it should come from those who believe and mine in the coin itself.

Things don't happen overnight although those with patience in the coin world are few.

Most of those who prowl these forums and others (and the coin world in general) have one objective...... and one only.....

Exchange 'insert coin here' for Bitcoin

I would never pay the huge ransoms a place like Cryptsy demands.

Riecoin has fluid markets now.

If people want to buy it they can.

Just my thoughts, (I still have not hit a block)

Going to up my game and start cloud mining soon just to prove to myself it is possible to hit a block of the coin !!

Try hitting a block.....

Well put!!! That was actually the test I've done...
So, the coin is alive but there's not enough interest in it. We should try to bring it to Cryptsy... that would kickstart some hype. But there's not enough support in the cryptsy polling thread.

Invisible Hands , want a more lively coin? Go andsupport RIC on Cryptsy  Grin

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:07:33 AM

I'd like to remind everyone that although at times, Riecoin may seems like it is dying, it is not. For one, Gatra and I will support it even if the coin loses steam. Constant development are being made by Gatra and mini-projects by the Foundation. We need miners and the community support too. Riecoin will slowly rise and remain at the top without needing fancy gizmos and whatnot.

And I've been on vacation, but still plan on pursuing continued improvements to my riecoin miner.

"Vacation" continues for a bit (or, more accurately, work-recovery-from-vacation), but I'll be back in the game in a week or so.

aamarket

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:54:25 PM

hmmm Sad
difficulty 1581

anybody with a botnet or something ?

IMPORTANT:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0,Tips welcome BTC:1AAMARKETmJvfjDwEFmhyYYwfre7ZFVseP  RIC:RGnX6LcJrsVEuYeySDDxkmH7AjRqoprcKt
northranger79510

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:36:17 PM

Any news for us this wonderful Thursday Gatra? I am continuing android development right now since I think I figured out the problem but it will have to wait until Friday to fix.

northranger79510

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:36:53 PM

Also, would it be possible to move Riecoin towards anonymous transaction? o.o

gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:00:08 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 02:13:17 AM by gatra

anonymous in darksend style, I'd rather not, as I consider it to be kinda bs. Better just use a mixing service.
anonymous in cryptonote/monero style, maybe with a hard fork. It implies some work and I haven't fully understood the whole ring signature whitepaper yet (this means I'm not yet convinced of its security, although it looks solid), but it should be possible... if Riecoin doesn't take off as it should, I'll consider implementing it.

edit: anonymous in zerocoin's style: cool, but the implementation doesn't exist yet.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:23:00 AM

hi!

I don't have much to add for this week, still working... xpt2stratum is closer.
today I 3d-printed the riecoin logo, and I'm trying to see if it's possibe to make 3d-printed "plastic wallets", but the 3d-printed QR-codes are difficult to scan.

Dfficulty decreased a bit, but looks like it's bouncing. Let's keep it up!

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
northranger79510

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:00:02 AM

anonymous in darksend style, I'd rather not, as I consider it to be kinda bs. Better just use a mixing service.
anonymous in cryptonote/monero style, maybe with a hard fork. It implies some work and I haven't fully understood the whole ring signature whitepaper yet (this means I'm not yet convinced of its security, although it looks solid), but it should be possible... if Riecoin doesn't take off as it should, I'll consider implementing it.

edit: anonymous in zerocoin's style: cool, but the implementation doesn't exist yet.

Yup. I think a perfect coin would have the anonymity of Zerocoin, community of Dogecoin, scientific improvements like Riecoin, energy efficient like gridcoin, fun like Huntercoin, and useful functions like Datacoin.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:06:46 AM

note darkcoin is currently closed source although launched open source.... you may want to consider that....

anyone who loads or runs a closed source client is a little crazy in my opinion

why the need for anonymous transactions ??

it has yet to be actually done in any coin that really has stood up to any attack and I agree with the riecoin dev. on security concerns

riecoin is successful now and doing what it accomplished,

these may be desired features to add at a future time (if they ever really are successfully /proven and developed)

Personally I think riecoin is a 'classy' coin.

It stands on it's own and does not need gimmicks like these suggestions imo to move ahead.

Now if I could only figure out how to build an optimized miner that cut's out all the unnecessary numbers :-))

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 09:29:11 AM

One feature to set RIC apart could be to avoid the creation of change addresses, and send the change back to the original address.

In theory this reduces ECDSA strength, in practice, if this reduction is enough to matter, then ECDSA can be considered broken anyway (if only because exchanges have you reuse the same addresses, and thus are exposed to the same vulnerability, which would completely discredit a crypto).

There are nice benefits however:
  • no need to backup the wallet after every spend, since no new private keys are generated on the fly
  • reduced wallet backup security issues because of the above
  • reduced address/account cross-contamination, and possibility to have proper accounts in a wallet

The anonymity loss from the lack of change addresses is minimal in practice, the anonymity gain from no longer having change addresses being combined is high (combined change addresses essentially shout to the world that two addresses were part of the same wallet).

Also in terms of coin safety, change addresses are probably the simplest way to lose your coins, because if you have 1000 coins at address X, make a backup, then spend 1 coin, your backup is already worthless. The spend will have sent 1 coin to your specified address, and 999 to a new change address, whose private key won't be in your last backup...

gatra (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 10:39:50 PM

One feature to set RIC apart could be to avoid the creation of change addresses, and send the change back to the original address.

In theory this reduces ECDSA strength, in practice, if this reduction is enough to matter, then ECDSA can be considered broken anyway (if only because exchanges have you reuse the same addresses, and thus are exposed to the same vulnerability, which would completely discredit a crypto).

There are nice benefits however:
  • no need to backup the wallet after every spend, since no new private keys are generated on the fly
  • reduced wallet backup security issues because of the above
  • reduced address/account cross-contamination, and possibility to have proper accounts in a wallet

The anonymity loss from the lack of change addresses is minimal in practice, the anonymity gain from no longer having change addresses being combined is high (combined change addresses essentially shout to the world that two addresses were part of the same wallet).

Also in terms of coin safety, change addresses are probably the simplest way to lose your coins, because if you have 1000 coins at address X, make a backup, then spend 1 coin, your backup is already worthless. The spend will have sent 1 coin to your specified address, and 999 to a new change address, whose private key won't be in your last backup...

You can do that with v0.9.1!
In the wallet, go to settings->options, and on the "display" tab, check the "Display coin control features (experts only)" checkbox.
After doing that, on the "send" dialog you'll see the "coin control features", where you'll have a "Custom change address". There you can set the address you'd like.

Maybe I can add a feature that, when enabled, would automatically use the largest input address automatically. This would make it easier to use, but the functionality is already there!

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
   ▄█
  ▄█
 ▄█
▄█
▀█
 ▀█
  ▀█
   ▀█
     ▀█
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:12:30 AM

Maybe I can add a feature that, when enabled, would automatically use the largest input address automatically. This would make it easier to use, but the functionality is already there!

Great!

I have a feeling that this really should be the default mode however, and not an advanced option, simply because regular users will expect their wallet backups to be worth something, but they likely aren't in the default mode (even if you backup often, it's not good enough, you need to backup always, which is just error prone)

glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:16:44 AM

Great!

I have a feeling that this really should be the default mode however, and not an advanced option, simply because regular users will expect their wallet backups to be worth something, but they likely aren't in the default mode (even if you backup often, it's not good enough, you need to backup always, which is just error prone)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by default keypoolsize=100, implying you can generate 100 change, or otherwise new, addresses and restore an old backup and not lose any money.  Despite that, I like the idea of not having to worry about change addresses anyway, it should decrease transaction sizes and make it easier to use paper wallets and such without them, I'd expect.
Q1WaR

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:06:18 AM

Can someone explain the Coin Control function? I am Noob Huh  and don't understand a word  Smiley

glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:28:34 AM

Can someone explain the Coin Control function? I am Noob Huh  and don't understand a word  Smiley

If you enable advanced features in the riecoin-qt, when sending payments you can choose what addresses to send them from, and what to do with the change.  Normally, every time you send a payment, what's left at the addresses you sent from goes to a new unused address, but coin control gives you more control over it.
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:02:51 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by default keypoolsize=100, implying you can generate 100 change, or otherwise new, addresses and restore an old backup and not lose any money.

Yes, though you can never (easily) be sure when a change address was needed, or how many spare change addresses you still had in your last backup (in case you just shutdown the client and backup wallet.dat), and also, I expect people to backup on a calendar schedule (every week, every month, every how-long-ago-did-i-back-that-up), and not based on an internal pool size value.

It's a bit counter-productive IMHO to claim high encryption and security, and have the wallet system be so dependent on regular backups. Each time you backup, you introduce a lot of risk of leaking the data or just messing up the backup, this goes both for regular and advanced users.

Consider that if cryptos become successful and long lasting, change addresses essentially mean you aren't allowed to mess your backup during the next decade or two... The current wallet system just isn't resilient enough for that.

Looking at static bitcoin addresses, it's likely a huge number of bitcoin wallets have been lost in just a few years already, and most those wallets were owned by geeks and enthusiasts.

Q1WaR

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:45:30 PM

If you enable advanced features in the riecoin-qt, when sending payments you can choose what addresses to send them from, and what to do with the change.  Normally, every time you send a payment, what's left at the addresses you sent from goes to a new unused address, but coin control gives you more control over it.

Thank you for the explaination! ..but now i wonder about another thing Smiley

In order to check my passphrase i sent some micro payments ... so my adresse should have changed i guess but it didn't?

sorry for this questioning i just want to get a deeper understanding...i never used cryptocurrencies for paying something^^

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: