Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TopBTC Exchange - Scammers - Please read  (Read 572 times)
Cryptoera1337 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:29:12 PM

Hello, please stay away from TopBTC exchange due to stealing funds from people and selling them. They've stolen 15000 APR coins and sold them on the exchange, this is the message from the APR team;

Official Statement regarding TopBTC (1/3):

Over the past 3 weeks we have been in constant contact with TopBTC and their Support Team. First it was to negotiate a decreased listing fee, then it was to help APR officially get announced as a listing, then to confirm the launch day pairing of APR/BTC.

To be fully transparent, the negotiated list fee was 8 BTC + 8 BTC of coin collateral; whereas, their publicly posted rate was 20 BTC + 20 BTC worth of coin collateral. The agreed upon rate was paid in full by the team:

BTC Transfer to TopBTC:
https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/57485862907799537a9e82c42aaff87d3ac925e556e11e33b594af67b941577e

After launch day; however, unlike all of the other exchanges that APR has been listed on, TopBTC began having "issues" with user withdrawals and deposits. Just 2 days after listing, the APR Team received an email demanding we pay an additional 12,000 APR, or they will pause trading of APR on their platform. Here is the direct text from their email:

"Dear APR Team,
The loss for this bug is 12,000 APR TOKENS, you need to pay to below address and repair the bug before 3 pm, 15-06  UTC+8, otherwise, we will pause APR trading on our exchange.

PAYMENT ADDRESS:
6B6CkqqYLmaHPunbqgy2sfAvqZvZXBW8KC”

They blamed losing 12,000 APR Coins on the wallet providing them a POS Reward. Knowing full and well that this is incorrect, we confronted them, asking them cordially and professionally to resume trading like normal.

They then blamed the loss of 12,000 APR coins on an “Engineer” who works at TopBTC, but still demanded 12,000 APR Coins. This drastic shift in their story was truly cause for alarm.

However, over the course of the last 6 days, they have been adamant that they will not resume trading and have gone ahead and paused withdrawals completely.

Today a 15,000 APR sell order was fulfilled and bots populated buy orders shortly thereafter (screenshots will be uploaded in a read-only channel on Discord).

Official Statement regarding TopBTC (2/3):

We have sent them the following email today:
“Hi TopBTC Support Team,

We demand a full refund of our listing price of 8 BTC.

The team has received numerous messages outlining a 15,000 APR sell that occurred today that vastly dropped the price of APR. Please see the image below.

None of our community have been able to correctly deposit or withdraw their APR from your platform since APR has been listed.

You have held APR Coin hostage on your platform and demanded 12,000 APR as an extortion attempt.

You have falsified statements publicly on Telegram, and here is proof:

APR has been in constant contact with you since the end of May 2018. There is no current update occurring on the APR Wallet and there was no statement made to you regarding one. You publicly lied to your community and our users.

This is truly disheartening that you have chosen to lie to the public, hold their funds hostage and essentially create a damaging listing for APR Coin through your platform.

Please provide a full refund of 8 BTC to the following address:
3EhFkqqX1YCr3vHXvMhmgtCjuvcQmCK5by

Please provide a full refund of both and delist APR from your platform.

Regards,

APR Team”

Official Statement regarding TopBTC (3/3):

If they choose to not respond, we will be publicly sharing all information not only on our social media, but with platforms like CMC, CoinLib and other prominent price/volume/market cap sites. As a community we must stand strong and understand that APR is being traded without issue on all other platforms, and that the wallet itself has been issue-free since launch. At this time, we humbly ask you to remain calm and help maintain a positive atmosphere in all APR social media and community chats.

The core team of APR thanks you for your consistent and powerful support. Thank you for standing steadfast with the project and its community. We are confident that our voices will be heard and the project will continue to move onwards and upwards. A group of malicious and unprofessional people will not deter the trajectory of APR Coin. That is a promise.

APR Team

*Note: A separate channel in Discord will be created that will have screenshots of emails, as well as their falsified statements on Telegram to their community and our users, along with their 15,000 APR sell order screenshot.

Link to the 8 BTC listing fee:
https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/57485862907799537a9e82c42aaff87d3ac925e556e11e33b594af67b941577e/

If you want to see more proof, go to APR Coin on discord: https://discord.gg/dJF2zr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sergo80

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:43:55 AM

TopBTC is the worst exchange, they are running own bots to scam people, support is rude and they dont have any security on the site, they volume is fake. Also wont recommend to use it.
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:00:01 AM

is it true that topBTC is a spammers exchange? I have a toke listing on TopBTC the coin is KWHcoin and indeed the volume for trading on the exchange is not increased and does not work, thanks to this very useful information
ay-x

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:02:28 AM

where is the trick in these exchange sites going to?
People are constantly victimized and there is nothing they can do.
I'm really sorry for you.
kdavidcoin

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:42:59 AM

nice comments
Yu Kun Translate

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:19:10 PM

I am getting worried about TopBTC too. I was told there was no KYC regulations on TopBTC

I bought crypto on TopBTC with Bitcoin...
When I tried to withdraw the crypto to my wallet I was prompted to upload  ID. All of my ID is
expired.
I thought they might have a lax policy on expired ID or maybe accept less official ID so I decided
to ask them about it.
I was advised on Telegram chat in another crypto to go ask the TopBTC telegram admins.
I  went to what I thought was the official telegram chat for TopBTC and explained the situation, and asked if the KYC was
a new policy. No one answered me , but a scammer there (May)
 told me in private message to send $140 worth of Bitcoin to get a 'rectified wallet'.

I wrote instead to TopBTC tech support to ask about the ID situation and about the  'rectified wallet' and they notified me that it was a scam.

But they ignored my questions about the ID situation.
Now I am told in the telegram chat that KYC to withdraw is a new policy.
Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:56:42 PM

I was able to withdraw something like 0.02BTC without uploading any ID; only typing the ID number. I don't remember what I could do before. The wd has been immediate to be honest, never seen anything faster on big exchanges.

The problem I have is more funny:

for example I have a sell order of 3000 tokens at a certain price (let's say 130 sat). Then I see MANY sell trades at the same price in the trade logs. They are bigger than my whole position and they DO NOT fill my sell order Or, to be more precise, if a sell order occurs it means that some1 had to put a buy order and milliseconds after, a sell order filling that buy. But, that buy had to fill my small sell order before! Of course they are wash orders but damn it, on other exchanges wash orders are still real orders, here looks like the bot orders are totally fake. Or, unlike any other exchange, newer orders have priority upon older ones?

I've asked all this on their TG channel and no reply.
Cimmy_revenger

Activity: 1106
Merit: 252

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 05:33:48 PM

Thank for sharing your experience , My friends have problem like this , and than now he can not withdraw crypto asset ( BTC , ETH )
don't upload your personal ID in this exchanger guys .

Winstar78

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 08:41:54 PM

I deposited some LTC here and sold at a convenient price.
Now I understood why: BTC withdrawals suspended.

I hope they will not steal my money. If they do not unlock BTC I'll have to re buy LTC or ETH at an higher price and try to withdraw.
Winstar78

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 04:02:06 PM

They have disabled also ETH withdrawals now. Beware at the maximum extent!!
snowyNNN

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 11:04:26 AM

Has anyone successfully withdrawn recently??

Or other new info about that exchange??

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
Winstar78

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 09:01:09 PM

last time I checked, they had re enabled eth and btc w/d, but did not try.

few days before I was able to withdraw LTC.
snowyNNN

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 09:25:07 PM

last time I checked, they had re enabled eth and btc w/d, but did not try.

few days before I was able to withdraw LTC.

ok!!  That's something atleast.

█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 10:39:09 PM

Has anyone successfully withdrawn recently??

Or other new info about that exchange??

I am unable to withdraw my Ethereum.
This was my first hand at arbitrage, sadly it couldn't have gone any worse, I had no trouble depositing my coins, it was instant. The problems started when  Angry,   I could not trade ETH/SNT, when I decided to withdraw back to Binance, the transaction was pending, still pending and its been 6 hours. I want to give the exchange the benefit of the doubt, so I will be patient. I'll keep this thread posted with updates from my transaction, but there's a good chance my goose is cooked, bye-bye crypto. Cry

chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 11:00:42 AM

I'm back, I recieved my balance in full though almost a day later. I wouldn't recommend using this exchange if you're in a hurry, too many inconsistencies.
   Overall, chances are they aren't scammers and are a real exchange. they just need to revamp their services. KYC is needed to withdraw, too bad They don't tell you anywhere on the site until you try to withdraw.
  Just here to give my follow up.

snowyNNN

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 01:52:39 PM

I'm back, I recieved my balance in full though almost a day later. I wouldn't recommend using this exchange if you're in a hurry, too many inconsistencies.
   Overall, chances are they aren't scammers and are a real exchange. they just need to revamp their services. KYC is needed to withdraw, too bad They don't tell you anywhere on the site until you try to withdraw.
  Just here to give my follow up.

I managed to withdraw my coins off there. Took like 4 days. They probably process manually.

I didn't have to do any KYC . I did have to type an ID number, which I typed like 555555555555 and that unlocked withdrawals  Cheesy

Still, I recommend to "tread lightly" on this exchange.

songgw

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:22:45 AM

I withdraw about 2990 ABBC coins in topbtc. But I haven't received the coin yet.
They ask me to send  0.028BTC to them to receive ABBC coins.
It is absurd. Topbtc certainly is scam. Don't use topbtc.
This is the message from topbtc.

TOPBTC RECTIFICATION PROCESSING
Hello,
We have to authenticate your account with an active transaction on your account synced
rectification address,In earnest you have to make an activation deposit to your account
synced rectification address inscribe on our database so we can validate the activation
processing.
You have to make a stabilized deposit of 0.028BTC to your synced rectification address
inscribed on the database to succeed your account reactivation processing okay.
Synced rectification address :
1McoMt1EsUn7MpaB965VwKTxA8kp6snfsm
NOTE:: The required stabilized deposit sent to the official synced rectifying
acceptance address will be automatically refunded into your account. Once your
account reactivation process has been completed successfully now on our database .
A claim fee will be redirected and will be reflected in your account immediately after the
repaired process is completed.
Thank you for being our member.
snowyNNN

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 10:46:20 PM

I withdraw about 2990 ABBC coins in topbtc. But I haven't received the coin yet.
They ask me to send  0.028BTC to them to receive ABBC coins.
It is absurd. Topbtc certainly is scam. Don't use topbtc.
This is the message from topbtc.

TOPBTC RECTIFICATION PROCESSING
Hello,
We have to authenticate your account with an active transaction on your account synced
rectification address,In earnest you have to make an activation deposit to your account
synced rectification address inscribe on our database so we can validate the activation
processing.
You have to make a stabilized deposit of 0.028BTC to your synced rectification address
inscribed on the database to succeed your account reactivation processing okay.
Synced rectification address :
1McoMt1EsUn7MpaB965VwKTxA8kp6snfsm
NOTE:: The required stabilized deposit sent to the official synced rectifying
acceptance address will be automatically refunded into your account. Once your
account reactivation process has been completed successfully now on our database .
A claim fee will be redirected and will be reflected in your account immediately after the
repaired process is completed.
Thank you for being our member.

This message that you received is not from any exchange , it's SCAMMERS.
Lol, I get those same 'activation , rectification, wallet syncing fee' on Telegram constantly.

My advice is to wait for a few days. Topbtc is a slow exchange.
Hope you get your coins!

edit:  I googled the address and this came up:  https://www.bitcoinabuse.com/reports/1McoMt1EsUn7MpaB965VwKTxA8kp6snfsm

So bizarrely these scammers are reusing a btc address.

quirozmarco267

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 07:20:40 AM

I did deposit on TopBTC Exchange but my fund still not credited. Site seems like scam site support not work, email reply not work. feels like being scammed?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: