Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 200+ Masternodes - Divi - What needs to change in future masternodes?  (Read 142 times)
TravelsAsia (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:08:33 AM

With over 200 different types of masternode projects, many of us in the masternode community are starting to feel the fatigue. Every day I skim the Bitcoin Alt section, I see more and more masternodes popping up with copy/pasta code and no real utility. Sometimes communities get a little defensive when I ask a few basic questions:

- Could I please read the whitepaper?
- Besides speculation, could you tell me a little about the utility of the masternode? (especially without a whitepaper)
- What makes this project unique from the other masternode projects that have been released recently?

As an investor, I feel like those are valid questions to ask.  I believe Divi addresses a number of items I've wanted to improve:

* Tiered Masternode System

I like the idea of leveling up when it comes to masternodes.  If I own a silver masternode for example, I know I just need to buy some more Divi to move to a gold level with additional bonuses.

* One Click Masternode Setups

- While setting up masternodes might seem as routine as brushing your teeth in the morning, you are a very small minority.  We need to make it so easy for people coming into the masternode ecosystem to setup their own nodes, they are piling in to take part in your project.

* Masternode Pools

- Users can pool family and friends into a higher level masternodes with a simple interface. Those masternode pools can be setup  payout to different wallets along with multisig protection.  I would guess this feature is a great way to pull in friends/family that might be on the fence about getting involved in the crypto space.

The CEO of Divi wrote a great blog post explaining their vision for Masternodes being released next month:

https://www.diviproject.org/blog/post/divi-masternodes

Masternode Questions

In your opinion, what types of innovations need to happen to make the next generation of masternodes appealing to people first entering crypto? How about features that attract people that have only been exposed to projects like Bitcoin and Ethereum?  If you could wave a wand, what needs to happen in the masternode space?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChampionsoftheChain

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:12:46 PM

As an investor, I feel like those are valid questions to ask.  I believe Divi addresses a number of items I've wanted to improve:

* Tiered Masternode System

I like the idea of leveling up when it comes to masternodes.  If I own a silver masternode for example, I know I just need to buy some more Divi to move to a gold level with additional bonuses.

* One Click Masternode Setups

- While setting up masternodes might seem as routine as brushing your teeth in the morning, you are a very small minority.  We need to make it so easy for people coming into the masternode ecosystem to setup their own nodes, they are piling in to take part in your project.

* Masternode Pools

- Users can pool family and friends into a higher level Masternodes with a simple interface. Those Masternode pools can be setup  payout to different wallets along with multisig protection.  I would guess this feature is a great way to pull in friends/family that might be on the fence about getting involved in the crypto space.

Not to shill Divi anymore then needed, all of the above are excellent ways to bring the MN concept to the forefront for entry level users.  Mining has gotten such a bad reputation as of late for obvious reasons and a high entry cost with purchasing equipment or rack space.  The one click setup option would be a fantastic addition.

I still would like to see an auto roll out/spin up of a new MN once I establish the parameters and agree to the self roll out.  If I could have a system that auto roll outs new MN's once the target number is reached, would be less time for me logging into my various VPS's or constantly looking over data sheet outputs.

oriz345

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:47:06 PM

Out of all coins, especially low market cap ones, I think Divi has the best shot at succeeding with the goal of mass adoption. You can see just by reading the whitepaper that they have thought things out, and aren't just saying them to say them. One of my favorite features in this project is not only the one click, 5 tiered(cloud setup) masternode but also the vaulting feature, as well as the oraclets. There are so many things that are unheard of in the space, such as the lottery blocks as well. Again, not trying to shill Divi, but it's been way under the radar for far too long and it's important for the community to know about some of these revolutionary features. Every week you will have one winner of a big prize of over 2,500 coins, and 10 winners of a smaller prize of 252 coins.

Just so many cool things - read the whitepaper folks!
99darwin

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:23:08 PM

Great post! Looking forward to running my masternode  Grin
panda2627

Activity: 192

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:59:38 AM

I think the project definitely has a lot of forward potential.
Imagine if the ease of use were equivalent with a credit card and how different the world would look with those benefits?

https://medium.com/diviproject/divis-path-to-mass-adoption-6d70eb715709

The CEO addresses it well here.
dgale3952coin

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:09:41 AM

I think this project has a very good chance of mooning
Surv3198

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:22:57 PM

I love the approach of the Divi team.

They realized, just like Steve Jobs, that it is very important to have a simple, clean, user friendly UI and hide all the technical stuff to get a new technology adopted by masses. It must be enjoyable to interact with the product for an average person to use it, and we cant say that about crypto right now.

If you add the tiered masternode aspect, marketing potential by KRUPP KOMMUNICATIONS and fact that Michael Greenwood is a head of design it becomes obvious that 17M market cap is a great time to get involved.

Just one more month until blockchain is live.
niublity

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:34:25 PM

I think all masternodes should learn semux. semux set masternode is very simple. When you have enough coins, you only need to open the wallet to set a masternode, do not need to buy a VPS, and have 100 masternode restrictions. This competitive mechanism allows people to hold coins more firmly instead of selling them quickly.

TravelsAsia (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:54:38 AM

I think all masternodes should learn semux. semux set masternode is very simple. When you have enough coins, you only need to open the wallet to set a masternode, do not need to buy a VPS, and have 100 masternode restrictions. This competitive mechanism allows people to hold coins more firmly instead of selling them quickly.

I'm not familar wirh Semux, however, reviewing a Steemit article:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@phash/semux-dbft-consesus-for-the-win-faq
FaizRafeek78

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:57:13 PM

RHello guys.Rawgs now currently running it's bounty program.it actually pays users to play games(as tokens of course).the best thing is that ,you can also sync in your past data.
They are currently running a bounty campaign.they have doubled all the rewards.(the tokens you earn will grow at least 2-3x)
Its also referred to as the IMDb of games(and so much more).
Check it out.you won't be disappointed.
Bounty thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3333252.0
See you on the other side.lets RAWG!!
Details

~Available option to participate ~

✯ 50 Players one → allocation 1M tokens (Minimum of around 70$ every week)✯

✯ Opinion Leaders ✯

✯ Blogging Campaign → $90 each approved blog, article or news✯

✯ Video Review & Video Blogging → $90 per each high quality video✯

✯ Twitter Campaign → $0.3 - $1.50 per a quoted retweet✯

✯ Facebook Campaign → $0.3 - $1.50 per shares✯

✯ Signature Campaign → $3-$48 per week✯

✯✯ SPECIAL REFERRAL PROGRAM - Double your REWARDS✯✯
Juulke

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:20:55 AM

I'm looking for a confirmation on this one - So MN's for DIVI aren't live yet - it will be possible to become a masternode when the mainnet is launched and the DIVI tokens are active?
mauro101

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:43:27 AM

I'm looking for a confirmation on this one - So MN's for DIVI aren't live yet - it will be possible to become a masternode when the mainnet is launched and the DIVI tokens are active?

Correct, Divi MN are not live YET. But they will be soon, at june 25.

You can read the official announcement here:
https://blog.diviproject.org/offical-divi-main-net-launch-information/

You can get a MN for 1.000 DIVI, wich at june 25 can be swapped for 100.000 DIVX, once the mainnet is live.

You can set-up a verry easy MN on your own computer, or in the cloud.

There is no rush in converting DIVI -> DIVX. 1 DIVI will always be 100 DIVX. And Bleutrade has confirmed that you can trade Divi at least another 3 months after june 25.

Hope it helps Smiley i can't wait!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: