Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:47:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you Think the True Value of Bitcoin Is?  (Read 2240 times)
silentgenius

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:15:34 PM

Bitcoin's narrative began with it being an instrument for instant, easy, and anonymous transferring of funds. It was, for all intents and purposes, to be a currency.
But as it stands today, Bitcoin is way too volatile to be used as a currency by the masses... it's failing at the job of being money.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
estell55

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:02:59 AM

It would be more comfortable if we invest by not selling a favorite house or car. Of course you must be prepared to face the risk, whether it's in short or long term investment. There are no benefits achieved for free without going through a risk.
halfmil

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:12:20 AM

Value of everything is subjective not objective. The value is zero to some people and a lot to others it depends on who you ask. Everything is only worth what someone else will give you for it and true value is only determined at that moment.
Salauusman

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:01:07 AM

Bitcoin value demand on people demand, but i called it people money demand, because the true value of bitcoin is also depending on the interest of the people that invest money in it, if the interest of the people is increasing then bitcoin value is also increasing, why is because if people only register bitcoin account and they didn't buy bitcoin to the wallet you know nothing will happen until they buy bitcoin to it, so bitcoin is here to attack paper money and people will store all their money to bitcoin. People interest money is value of bitcoin.
muchachita14

Activity: 79
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:11:03 AM

Before we try to value a bitcoin we would need to define it as a currency or as an investment. Its use as a means of payment with some merchants can lead us to see the bitcoin as a currency not tied to a country and without central bank.

Bitcoins are usually measured in terms of their exchange rate to the Japanese Yen and US dollar as these two currencies remain the main currencies for which bitcoins are exchanged.

We will now try to value bitcoins as a currency using the minimal-value approach.

All major currencies have a central bank that monitors the exchange rate of their currency respective to other currencies and mostly to the dollar. Contrary to most traded currencies, bitcoin does not have a central bank or an entity monitoring its exchange rate. Therefore, bitcoin exchange rate to the dollar or to the Japanese yen could theoretically go down to zero.
ghosong

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:17:48 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that works with trading platforms, and has a limited supply and has two different sets of people at any point in time to make the system stronger and determine the price of Bitcoin itself, two groups of people are only classified as requests and offers.
spyderbilt

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:34:16 AM

what I think about the price of bitcoin is a natural thing because the value of bitcoin nowadays sometimes experiences an increase or decrease. so I think this is a natural thing for a graph of bitcoin in the cryptocurrency world.
Hudadahuda2018

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:37:30 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that is working with a trading platform, which we have two different set of people at every point in time to make the system more stronger, therefore the two set of people simply classified as demand and supply..
Good thinking and I agree with the way you think because I think what you say is true that bitcoin is a digital currency that works with trading platforms to expand places and locations and then get a stronger system so that people are only classified as requests and offers because that the development of bitcoin is expanding even globally.
Anam313

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:07:26 AM

Its true value is truly unique of its kind. It constantly changes depending on the supply and demand. There is no set of consistent amount with little changes unlike fiat money does.
Suwycu

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:33:18 AM
Merited by FiboNacchi (1)

Focusing on bitcoin, as an investment asset (a means of rapid growth of value), many overlook its true value, thanks to which its price on the exchanges is growing.  This value is a unique ability to save and transfer costs over distances without the involvement of a trusted intermediary.
  In this sense, Bitcoin has advantages both before the issued by states with fiat money, and before gold.
  Bitcoin exists outside of state institutions and does not need state regulation.  This is a completely self-contained system.
  Bitcoin also does not need legalization.  Being outside the legal field does not mean illegality.
  Undoubtedly, Bitcoin, by virtue of its special properties, mentioned above, is an attractive object for investment.  But, not this is its main function and mission.  Bitcoin came to this world to destroy the state monopoly on money and their circulation.  And to create a new monetary paradigm - henceforth the transfer of value is possible without intermediaries, as in cash calculation - from hand to hand.  Without central banks and other financial institutions.  Without uncontrolled money issue and inflation.
  Therefore, bitcoin was a valuable currency, there is and always will be!

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:12:33 PM

Value of everything is subjective not objective. The value is zero to some people and a lot to others it depends on who you ask. Everything is only worth what someone else will give you for it and true value is only determined at that moment.

Bitcoin value depends on the demand. When the number of people, who want to invest in this cryptocurrency grows, BTC price is going up, and as I see, vice versa.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:22:32 PM

I would say considering the adoption and recognition of bitcoin right now it should be around 50k usd.

The sensible potential for bitcoin when mass adoption and investment kicks in should be way way higher.

We will wait and see if and when that happens of course.

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 03:33:26 PM

no one will say the true value of bitcoin, and the value will be stable. because the value of bitcoin will continue to change according to the demands on bitcoin itself.
spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 03:35:15 PM

Personally I think it is somewhere around $20-30,000 for the short term, long term if it is super successful it could achieve over $200,000 but that will take a long time, certainly more than 3 years to achieve. I think that it is worth around $5-7,000 as we stand simply because of the poor market sentiment surrounding it, it's also quite hard to spend it without a gold hunt to find a suitable website.

halfmil

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:43:05 PM

Bitcoin value depends on the demand. When the number of people, who want to invest in this cryptocurrency grows, BTC price is going up, and as I see, vice versa.

This is true. The point I am trying to make is some people do not even know or understand what bitcoin is to these people it is worth zero. People that have use for bitcoin and understand what it is the value is different.

Personally I think the value should be equal to or greater then the cost to mine it. Some of the cheapest electrical rates in the USA are around .08 per kWh for homes. At this price for electricity it takes some substantial investment in equipment, a bit of time (months), and over $5000 in energy costs to mine 1 bitcoin. Most industrial mining operations pay roughly .02 - .06 per kWh. Bitcoin has historically traded for roughly 2.5 times the mining cost. Why would someone invest lots of money for equipment to mine, spend months of their time working on it and sell it for less then the cost to mine it. That wouldn't make since. I feel that the market is very under valued currently.
Rituvohra01

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:49:30 AM

Bitcoin uses for trading purposes because it is a digital currency. It's value is depends on people's interest if the interest increases day by day value increases otherwise
I think it decreases.
Edgegeraldine

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:02:00 AM

I think of the exchange value. That may be the highest form to mention when Bitcoin appears. It can meet the needs of human life when they use Bitcoin as a currency.
Ramya494

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:29:04 AM

The value of Bitcoin increases only if the number of users increases,apparently people who don't actually have no knowledge about Bitcoin assume it to be scam which is the worst part.I strongly believe that the value of Bitcoin will one day become infinite.
dimiinx

Activity: 355
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

The value of Bitcoin increases only if the number of users increases,apparently people who don't actually have no knowledge about Bitcoin assume it to be scam which is the worst part.I strongly believe that the value of Bitcoin will one day become infinite.
I agree, there are not many people who know bitcoint as a whole so that its value has not been too high, but along with the development of technology and information it will directly increase the value of bitcoin significantly in the end
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:50:51 AM

In December the price of Bitcoin was near $20,000. Today, the price hovers around $6,500.

Which is the real value? Do you think the market is telling us the Truth?

We must understand that the launch of the CME's Bitcoin futures contracts and subsequent rise and fall of Bitcoin was not a coincidence.

The implementation of futures contracts on gold and silver have had similar effects. One needs to only wonder why was the launch of gold futures contracts was implemented at the same time the Gold Reserve Act was completely repealed. Americans were allowed to own gold again on January 1, 1975. Comex gold futures launched in December of 1974.

https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold-silver/dictionary/comex-gold/

*Also, a Wikileaks document shows direct intent to suppress the price of gold:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1974LONDON16154_b.html

I would beg any who are interested or invested in cryptocurrency to please do more research on the topic of price manipulation - you should come to the realization that the price in fiat of these assets does not matter, simply because it is inaccurate.

If you understand the banking system in the U.S. and understand that Gold, Silver and Bitcoin have true, intrinsic and persisting value you will understand the motive and that without question these assets are manipulated.

What is the true price of Bitcoin? $20,000? $6,500? I do not know.

What I do know is that it is worth more than the intrinsically worthless U.S. dollar we force ourselves to use on a daily basis, so I will be buying as much as I can while the price is this low.

I believe the price of a Bitcoin is much higher than $20,000 - but we may be in for a long while of manipulation before we see it again.

The best we can do is to buy as much as we can to make it as difficult as possible for the price to be suppressed. Once they lose control.....to quote all the Redditors and memes - "Then Moon."

The true value of bitcoin ? Im afraid that i won't be able to define it. Bitcoin price has been built by the buyers and holders since 2009.
So, the the real value will depends on the market condition. If there are many peoples buy bitcoin, then it will keep rising because most peoples after buy it, don't want to sell it lower.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: