Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me out here  (Read 338 times)
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:45:37 AM

So imagine I can make a copy of all the gold in the world and then sell it. Maybe not exactly the same but 99%. Perhaps a bit lighter or a little less golden in colour.

But in reality, this copy would be as near identical that it could be used in jewelry, electronics etc. Bit it wouldn't be gold.

Lets just call it new gold. Then I gave everyone who currently possed gold the same amount of new gold.

What would happen to the value of gold?

What do you think the value of new gold would be?

are you talking about fork in coins ? i think if gold can be copied, its value will drop someday
because copy means adding more supply to that. more supply = lower price.
but in crypto, you can see bitcoin. the value has not drop when forked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:09:55 AM

Thank you for your replies.

I am not smoking something as someone suggested. Yes, the post was an obvious comparison with bitcoin and its forks.

Now I know lots of you aren't fans of bitcoin cash but this copy of gold does more or less the same thing and has a market value of $21 billion. Like it or not its insane.

In effect gold was copied and didn't dilute the price of original gold.

What a mad world we live in.

Well, it most certainly has diluted the price of Bitcoin. There are some people entering the crypto space who will be buying BCH instead of BTC. BTC + all the forks is what Bitcoin's price probably would be at if no forks existed. It may be a bit more though, because some people think they are "diversified". In reality, if you are in the crypto space there isn't too much diversification since it is entirely its own sector.

gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:06:47 AM

it seems like the fake money, the people that know about the gold will say that was a fake, because as good as the imitation gold I think people that knows about gold will know about it, and maybe it will make the owner of gold will afraid of their gold, I think the price of real gold is okay if there are fake gold in the public

Nezerlan

Activity: 214
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:50:29 AM

So imagine I can make a copy of all the gold in the world and then sell it. Maybe not exactly the same but 99%. Perhaps a bit lighter or a little less golden in colour.

But in reality, this copy would be as near identical that it could be used in jewelry, electronics etc. Bit it wouldn't be gold.

Lets just call it new gold. Then I gave everyone who currently possed gold the same amount of new gold.

I don't see this happening to be realistic but if it does eventually happen then expect a free fall in the value of gold. This is because the supply has gone up and so it becomes cheaper to sell it off since there are more people who have same amount of gold.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:00:54 AM

The value of the old gold will drop because the demand for it will also drop. The price of the new gold will be gradually going up because of the demand. This is just simple economics.
emanjun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:10:34 AM

I think the value of gold would become lesser because there are a lot of gold. And I think the demand would increase because of its price.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
lonlonmarlon

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:11:50 AM

if you want to out here dont use your account her or do not remember your account just ignore the site or the link that's my opinion and my suggestion to help you to out here.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
masudginanjar

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:36:01 AM

whose imitation is still imitation.
whose duplicate name is still a duplicate.
whose name traces are still traced.

still the original price will be high in comparison with the imitation.

the same thing with Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Cash is unlikely to match the price of Bitcoin.
aiviaa485

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:03:10 PM

it's the same thing with Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. Still, Bitcoin Cash will not match the price of Bitcoin, because Bitcoin itself is its king of Cryptocurrency.

if the gold is new found and its color a little faded, then I make sure the new gold found it can not match the old gold price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: