Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:40:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultra low caps aka. Crypto Gems: First impressions  (Read 130 times)
Nycziecskoi (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:06:51 PM
Merited by sockpuppet1911 (1)

Recently, I changed my direction to investigating ultra low cap altcoins. I am still learning, but perhaps I might already share with you my first impressions that might help those who have never heard about ultra low caps.

These are basically the altcoins, mostly just started, with very (VERY) low market caps. They don't have much publicity yet, perhaps they haven't even announced themselves widely, and they are found only on small, low volume, not widely known exchanges, mostly dex's.

What is the advantage of focusing ultra low caps?

- They are extremely cheap, usually few litoshi's - similar to satoshi for ltc, so 0.00000001 ltc, or even watoshi's, same story with waves, that is 0.00000001 wave.
- They can go extremely high in price in very short or moderate time periods, usually few weeks. Here I mean 10x - 100x, sometimes even more.

What are the disadvantages of focusing ultra low caps?

- There are many scam projects out there, and it needs a bit of experience to distinguish which is legit which is not. Exit scams are quite common.
- Due to low volume, spreads are large and it might take time to accumulate

How to find them?

- Check CoinGecko for low market cap projects and read their details to see if it sounds like they might have a future.
- Check Telegram groups designated for researching (and shilling) ultra low cap altcoins, aka. crypto gems.

Currently I have a few coins in my bag that I hope will increase in price soon as they start reaching their goals and gaining publicity. I don't want to give names as that is not the point of this post.

I hope this could give you an idea about the ultra low caps, or at least I could inform you about their presence so that you can take a deeper look.

I might edit this post to add more as I learn if it attracts attention.

░▒▓█ x42 █▓▒░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:00:08 PM

Nice post. This is easily my favourite part of the crypto game. Like with any investment don't bet more than you're willing to lose. Holding a big bag of illiquid coins when you need cash elsewhere is not a good feeling... and remember to take profits!
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:07:16 PM

It is quite risky but if you get it right, it could make you rich. I know some of the influencers that were able to capitalize on this strategy. I am curious about the telegram group for ultra low market research and shills, can you share that part?
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:55:44 PM

Although ultra low caps are considered good investment because they have more soace to grow both in volume and value but at the same time fundamentals should be seriously considered before investing and solid project with regular updates and quality developments alongwith competent team must be selected to avoid loss as most of small cap coins represent crap projects.

Nycziecskoi (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:42:32 PM

It is quite risky but if you get it right, it could make you rich. I know some of the influencers that were able to capitalize on this strategy. I am curious about the telegram group for ultra low market research and shills, can you share that part?

I am not at a point to endorse any of these groups. So I would rather not share their links publicly. Feel free to DM me and ask for the said links though.

░▒▓█ x42 █▓▒░
Nycziecskoi (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:45:32 PM

Although ultra low caps are considered good investment because they have more soace to grow both in volume and value but at the same time fundamentals should be seriously considered before investing and solid project with regular updates and quality developments alongwith competent team must be selected to avoid loss as most of small cap coins represent crap projects.

Totally agreed! I am also new to this field as I said. Once I read about around 50 projects at one go and could only come up with one maybe two half decent looking projects. So many crappy projects in there indeed. You have to be extremely careful and picky. But if you manage to find the "one" at a really early stage, the potential gains are incredibly high.

░▒▓█ x42 █▓▒░
Nycziecskoi (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:49:32 PM

Nice post. This is easily my favourite part of the crypto game. Like with any investment don't bet more than you're willing to lose. Holding a big bag of illiquid coins when you need cash elsewhere is not a good feeling... and remember to take profits!

Don't bet more than you are willing to lose is one thing, and it is a general rule of thumb. In the case of ultra low caps, the other rule is, as you also mention, don't bet more than you are willing to forget about for at least a few weeks. Besides another important remark, do not market buy. The spreads are generally large and there will always be people dumping their bags getting tired of waiting or needing the btc/cash for somewhere else.

░▒▓█ x42 █▓▒░
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 08:53:11 PM

Recently, I changed my direction to investigating ultra low cap altcoins. I am still learning, but perhaps I might already share with you my first impressions that might help those who have never heard about ultra low caps.

These are basically the altcoins, mostly just started, with very (VERY) low market caps. They don't have much publicity yet, perhaps they haven't even announced themselves widely, and they are found only on small, low volume, not widely known exchanges, mostly dex's.

What is the advantage of focusing ultra low caps?

- They are extremely cheap, usually few litoshi's - similar to satoshi for ltc, so 0.00000001 ltc, or even watoshi's, same story with waves, that is 0.00000001 wave.
- They can go extremely high in price in very short or moderate time periods, usually few weeks. Here I mean 10x - 100x, sometimes even more.

What are the disadvantages of focusing ultra low caps?

- There are many scam projects out there, and it needs a bit of experience to distinguish which is legit which is not. Exit scams are quite common.
- Due to low volume, spreads are large and it might take time to accumulate

How to find them?

- Check CoinGecko for low market cap projects and read their details to see if it sounds like they might have a future.
- Check Telegram groups designated for researching (and shilling) ultra low cap altcoins, aka. crypto gems.

Currently I have a few coins in my bag that I hope will increase in price soon as they start reaching their goals and gaining publicity. I don't want to give names as that is not the point of this post.

I hope this could give you an idea about the ultra low caps, or at least I could inform you about their presence so that you can take a deeper look.

I might edit this post to add more as I learn if it attracts attention.

Great post. I hope you get to add more points about low caps. This is really risky but yeah all in this crypto space is risky so might not go with the one that will give big potential in the future right?

yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:05:21 PM

Correct and nice writeup. Low cap coins investments carry much and higher risks but their profit or ROI outcome can be awesome if you are lucky to choose the legit and solid projects.  Some low cap coins of the past have become big today.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: