Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:29:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perspective about HODL.  (Read 3137 times)
BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 10:43:09 PM

HODL is life now.

Years ago, owning a home was an achievable method of hodling and storing wealth. It isn't possible now with so many housing markets flooded by speculators, it's comforting to know anyone can hodl without X amount of wealth to join a club.

Housing speculation became the "norm" when offsetting inflation became common knowledge, now everyone can offset that inflation and not worry about central banks destroying their wealth with inflating the money supply.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
feather7789

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:18:15 AM

i think holding is indeed the to best way to make good profit and the market price also increasing day by day.
WebTera

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:37:41 PM

All that you say is true, but in this case it is necessary to consider the context - in what kind of coin you are investing. This is very important, because the technology of the coin and the prospects of its use depends on whether it can be used in the long term (hodl) or not.
bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:09:02 PM

Hodl, or long-term investment, is ideal for earning with bitcoin. Also, as such a coin, you can still consider Ethereum. As for the other coins, absolutely not all of them are promising, so it is better to use a trading strategy for them.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:14:31 PM

Actually Before I comment on HODL or no HODL, I need to say it depends how you purchased the coin and at what price.
Suppose I purchase something at $100, it means I am confident on my research that its price is $100, if now market start trading at 90$ and my research still says it is good at $100, then I will HOLD. If I now come to some new facts that make me believe that it actual price $80. then I will sell at $90 at once.
Bitcoin price is unstable and no one knows when it will rise. If you are an investor you have some goal that you want to achieve like in profit. If the price doesnt get the profit you want then you probably need to hold it. It can also avoid you from losing money. Holding is one of best strategy we can use while bitcoin is still recovering.
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:19:06 PM

HODL is the best strategy for me but I am using this strategy only for bitcoin. This is a very promising technology, it has a great future, so it makes sense to keep it for a long time, because it is in the long term it can bring good profits.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:55:13 PM

Hold simply applied to those who have decided not to sell below their cost price and preferably selling when the price have appreciated a lot but Hold dose not apply to weak hands who sell below their cost price.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 331

🐪

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 09:13:06 PM

Personally I don't have nerves to trade, so HODL tactic is the one that best suits me.

vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:26:54 PM

I think that hold is a goodstrategy for the next  years. If you managed to buy cryptocurrencies at a good price, then the strategy is good for you. I think that in the next few years we will not see a significant increase.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:37:00 PM

I think HODL is something  that us personally and which everyone should give a personal meaning to.  To me I don't really hodl unless I want  to do a long term investment  for months and forget it,  otherwise one can be forced to dump it when you see the price dumping hard.  So hodl what you feel is worth it as not all coins is worth holding.  There is always very huge profit if one holds the right and lucky coin.   
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:41:33 PM

What is HODL?
The very first time the term HODL appeared on the Bitcoin talk forum was in 2013 and came from a member named GameKyuubi under the thread “I AM HODLING”.
From the look of the post, he was drunk and wanted to convey the fact that he was holding his BTC despite the serious fall that had just happened.

Since then, this misspelled term became very popular in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency world. Whenever a person says in a conversation that he/she is hodling or suggests to hodl, it means that they believe their coin will be profitable one day, if not today.

So basically, “HODL” was originally a typo which has now popularly earned the status of a humorous backronym:
HODL” – “Hold on for dear life”

Kwatwani, S. (2018, February 2). What is "HODL" in the Cryptocurrency World? + Must Know Cryptocurrency Terms [Web log post].
Retrieved from https://coinsutra.com/hodl-popular-cryptocurrency-terms/

So let's cut now the history of the term. Well I want to share to you my perspective about the HODL strategy, We were all a newbie once in everything like the cryptocurrency, trading, mining, investing, etc. Most of us chooses the path of being a trader either a full time/part time, day trading/long term holding.

Most of us experienced the markets bears and bulls and as a newbie we're seeking for a right answer and most of the answer we've got from different peoples, articles and videos online is the term "HODL" and they said that it is the best way to do whenever there's a bear market, is it the right thing to do?

At first I believe in that saying because I don't have any knowledge about cryptos but after being having an experience in this forum, trading and investing to ICO's I just realized that it's not always the best way or the best strategy in cryptocurrency industry, in my case whenever there's a bear market I am analyzing the market and there's a time that we need to cut our loses and study different cryptos in the market wherein we can take advantage and earn more rather than waiting for a long time until the market recovers.

Well, the only disadvantages I've seen so far is that if your analyzation  is wrong and you've invested to a wrong coin.

Just like what I've said not all the time HODL is the best, we should consider other strategies as well. This is all according to my own perspective and opinion, I would be glad if you will give yours  Smiley

At the moment, a long-term investment is the best thing you can do with your money regarding crypto. Trading with crypto is not the best option now, as the market is very unstable and jumps can not be predicted even by experienced traders. Signals that are given in closed paid groups also do not work as they should. Long - term investment in bitcoin is the key to success.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:49:13 PM

this is very funny, TYPO can be viral and famous in the crypto world. and I see that 2013 bitcoin prices are down, so the term HODL appears when bearish.

the term HODL has the meaning to save crypto better and not sell when the market is bearish.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:04:55 PM

We all use this word, but few people have thought about what it means. Thank you, it was interesting to read. Anyway, we are all used to using this term to explain our willingness to hold a coin for a long period. And this is one of the successful strategies.
jazzbang

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:50:57 PM

This market works well if you can buy and almost forget about it til it appears in the MSM and you see the bullrun is on, that's when you know the "normies" interest is triggered again lolol
DennyPen

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:30:56 AM

HODL works well, but you should be very-very patient not to change your strategy when media attacks, etc. come to rip you off. And of course HOLD works only with btc and some other major coins.
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 06:34:15 AM

HODL is good at moments like this when the market is bearish to avoid losses also hold is for who have invested for long term

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Zulfiyan

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:58:06 AM

Maybe Holding are good for a long term, and keep your currency safety, don't panic if always dump, lets enjoy and see but, you must take an strategic. So you never lose your currency . Hold Never die, i think.
ameliana

Activity: 887
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:00:34 AM

HODL is good at moments like this when the market is bearish to avoid losses also hold is for who have invested for long term
hold is also good for those who are not good at trading, even though the market is good, but trading requires expertise so people like me prefer Hold.
Holds are also always applied to coins that have a deep decline.
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:57:58 PM

Bitcoin is a long-term investment and for this I think hodl makes sense. I think that 5 years is a good time for such investments.
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 12:45:41 AM

as you know holding sometimes is good to use, it give us the optimistic to hold our bitcoin and cryptocurrency because we optimistic with the price of bitcoin and optimistic the the price will recover soon

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: