Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:22:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perspective about HODL.  (Read 3136 times)
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:32:21 PM

Hodl strategy doesn't always work with every coin. We should only hold good coins that are worth holding like BTC, ETH. Holding shitcoins that are worthless will lead us to heavy losses.

Its true, different coin should be different strategy because have different fundamental. Hodling strategy only can implemented in good coin with big daily volume transaction and already have working product. Many altcoin in market are pump and dump coin and its not worth to hold for long term.

For me it is not a good move if we hold coin in the market, the reasons are first before you become a successful holder there are some projects to be released with the same purpose, second most of the alts in  the market does not have chance to prove themselves because investors does not want to invest to a coin that the ICO has done already for a long period of time.

I agree. A lot of ideas has been released  with just different names of the altcoin. Those coins are just doing the same and effective marketing is the only way to make their project survive and of course continuous progress.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:34:51 PM

Hodl strategy doesn't always work with every coin. We should only hold good coins that are worth holding like BTC, ETH. Holding shitcoins that are worthless will lead us to heavy losses.

Its true, different coin should be different strategy because have different fundamental. Hodling strategy only can implemented in good coin with big daily volume transaction and already have working product. Many altcoin in market are pump and dump coin and its not worth to hold for long term.

I couldn't agree more, there are many coins that are just not going to make it; you can tell from the onset and so holding them is not going to end well that is why one ought to invest in the right coins especially the ones with reputable developers and proper working product.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 01:04:59 PM

When i first came here everytime i am reading that HOLD word specially when typed in all Caps lock i thought that there’s something meaning inside this,not until I figured out that this is only a typographical error at first before becoming a popular word.

Nothing in this world that everything i perfect so even if your holding you must have learn about the risk of losing in future
mariah.sadio

Activity: 573
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 02:45:09 PM

When I first saw the word "HODL" when I am just a beginner or newbie from this forum, I thought that you are all guys have wrong typo. I tried to doubt about it when I saw a lot of this word used from different cryptocurrency sites and that's when I tried to search about it. Then I finally found out that HODL is really the word itself. I can even distinguish crypto holders from social medias when they are saying they are hodlers and they hodl. The word really has a great impact to digital currency community.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE 
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 07:39:48 AM

I am still confident that investing in the long term in the cryptocurrency market is a very good idea.
That is basically the reason why people in this forum has come together and have been talking and sharing ideas. Long term is a good choice for the young investors who are strong willed and are able to hodl for the next 20-30 years at least. Be busy with your normal lives and keep stocking crypto in your pockets as life goes on. The end result will be very fruitful. Cheesy

I agree. A lot of ideas has been released  with just different names of the altcoin. Those coins are just doing the same and effective marketing is the only way to make their project survive and of course continuous progress.
Effective marketing does not come into the effect of HODL. I dont think thats relevant to this discussion. Properly marketing something does increase the demand and generate the growth but thats for those who are going to exit soon and not hodlers.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Nekroser

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:01:49 AM

That is basically the reason why people in this forum has come together and have been talking and sharing ideas. Long term is a good choice for the young investors who are strong willed and are able to hodl for the next 20-30 years at least. Be busy with your normal lives and keep stocking crypto in your pockets as life goes on. The end result will be very fruitful. Cheesy
Sometimes it seems to me that the whole cryptocurrency is based only on one faith of those who keep it. Inviolable storage is like a kind of rite Smiley After all, many understand that in such a long time (20-30 years) they will become millionaires. But still going through. Even now, in such a shitty market, there are situations when coins make their investors millionaires. Cryptocurrency potentially provides financial independence to those who believe in it.
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:02:06 AM

As far as I understand that hold is staying patient, wait and don't panic with the current market situation, don't sell if you haven't gotten a profit. That is an understanding that I can give for what you express, because for me, investing requires intelligence and patience and a good understanding of what we invest, so we can avoid the risk of losing and always win even in small amounts.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:00:40 PM

People just can't wait, as cryptocurrencies were completely speculative. It takes time to grow high with regards to the circulation happening through different forms. This at times gets affected when whales manipulate with large volume of funds. By those instance the price fluctuation will be high. This will be the time where people lose the patience and sell it. This will further cause drop in value. Users who withstand longterm are the profit makers from cryptocurrency.

boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:14:53 PM

I am not a supporter of this strategy because it has destroyed so many market participants
What do you mean by that? you are supporting it because you have witnessed other investors to get destroyed? I think that's a wrong way to introduce your support to a thing if it is harming others.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
aliceHortrex

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 11:42:41 PM

When I first saw the word "HODL" when I am just a beginner or newbie from this forum, I thought that you are all guys have wrong typo. I tried to doubt about it when I saw a lot of this word used from different cryptocurrency sites and that's when I tried to search about it. Then I finally found out that HODL is really the word itself. I can even distinguish crypto holders from social medias when they are saying they are hodlers and they hodl. The word really has a great impact to digital currency community.

However, the origin of the word has nothing to do with its meaning. All holders of the cryptocurrency to some extent, patient and emotionally moderate folks. Holding cryptocurrency and long-term investment is really a very tedious task that requires a lot of attention.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:07:28 AM

For me it is not a good move if we hold coin in the market, the reasons are first before you become a successful holder there are some projects to be released with the same purpose, second most of the alts in  the market does not have chance to prove themselves because investors does not want to invest to a coin that the ICO has done already for a long period of time.
Actually this is just about dissent. holding or trading is a good thing, both are equally profitable. only in trade will require more skills in the analysis strategy. You can't say that holding is a bad thing, because a lot of people make big profits because they have hold bitcoin from a few years ago. but there is the right thing that not all coins are good to hold..
anehh

Activity: 600

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:30:41 AM

Actually hold is something that is always done by everyone in investing, as far as I know they will still hold if possible will get a profit or at least see that price movements will experience some increase in the future. But if they see a situation that will cause losses and the opportunity to hold will be at risk, then of course they will not survive and will sell. So in principle holding is surviving and seeing the opportunity to make a profit.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:41:28 AM

There must be many who are aware of the potential of the hodl because as you say the hodl will not always get great benefits but it can apply if we are Bitcoin holders in 2014-2016 maybe we can say the hodl will get big profits and have been proven at 2017 prices with highest achievement in Bitcoin. But for new players entering Crypto in 2017, of course that can't be applied especially if we look at the bear market during 2018 and come back again if we buy coins at the end of 2018 and maybe the word Hodl can be applied again.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 05:39:50 AM

I agree with your opinion, not all coins are qualified for long term holding and there are only few of them that will surely you good return after holding it. Many low quality coins will become zero value in the future abd they are probably candidates for delisting from crypto exchanges. Before investing, it is proper to make a research first on a coin you are planning to buy. Hodl is good for any coin that has the potential to go up or rise up beyond what is expected.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 12:14:59 PM

Lol. Thanks for this story dude. HODL is already a meme for the all crypto community. And it's very good to know the history of this meme.
So from one little typo was born what is used by thousands of people around the world. I do not want to talk now about the advantages and disadvantages of the holding strategy. This is only choice of everyone in this forum. But the story is cool, thank you.
Dondisimo

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 09:20:50 PM

I like the earnings that bitcoin trading gives, but it's really a very risky business. I once tried to trade, but I'm not very good at it, so I adhere to the strategy of long-term investment. So much easier and more lucrative to make money with cryptocurrencies.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 09:58:09 PM

Holding without any good look into the market and it's possibility can end up to be a share waste of time. Holding the wrong coin is what any investor would want to avoid so before you decide to hold make sure you would have to your research
jabrix

Activity: 397
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:34:13 AM

Before keep holding your asset bitcoin or some altcoin, you have looking for how many percent your asset will grow up or down, you have think which one better altcoin for keep holding to get much and higher price later.
HODL is an investment strategy with the aim of looking for the greatest possible profit. Cryptocurrency trading is interesting, because there are bitcoin and altcoin where when bitcoin falls in price, other coins actually increase. Or vice versa. Therefore the crypto holder must be observant in analyzing price fluctuations in order to obtain maximum profits, both bitcoin and altcoin.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sino22

Activity: 438

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:13:28 AM

Holding without any good look into the market and it's possibility can end up to be a share waste of time. Holding the wrong coin is what any investor would want to avoid so before you decide to hold make sure you would have to your research
I agree, because holding the wrong coin will be a waste of time, of course we as investors or coin holders must do a riset before holding a coin, because why we also have to take into account the time and losses that we will get if it's too long
JRoa

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:24:48 AM

I agree, because holding the wrong coin will be a waste of time, of course we as investors or coin holders must do a riset before holding a coin, because why we also have to take into account the time and losses that we will get if it's too long
One of the mistakes of holders are they holding wrong coins. Holders should know if they holding worth it coin for them to earn profit. I lose 90% of my portfolio due to holding worthless coin and that is reason why I am know careful to the decision that I making.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: