Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit Chapter 8  (Read 106 times)
NickCliar (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:11:45 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 02:25:22 AM by NickCliar

Memo Act No. 01
May 27, 2018
This is just a free interpretation of one forum member in recognition of the new rule, which is, Merit & new rank requirements in bitcointalk.org by theymos (Administrator).

Part I
Title and objective

Section 1. Title- This Memo shall be known as the “Merit Chapter 8”.

Section 2. Objective- Threads was created to further explain and express their opinion/s regarding with this new rule, many also created thread/d to complain/ agree/ object/ protest in many boards and sub-boards. This is just to express my thought/s, opinion/s and understanding about one point of the rule. In advance, I do apologize for any individual that I may hurt or offend.

Chapter I
Point of View

Section 3. Merit & new rank requirements about- In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks.

Section 4. Merit meaning in general - provided by google.com:

a. the quality of being particularly good or worthy, especially so as to deserve praise or reward.
b. a good feature or point.
c. a pass grade in an examination denoting above-average performance.
d. deserve or be worthy of (reward, punishment, or attention).

Section 5.
Some Synonyms -
excellence, goodness, standard, quality, level, grade, high quality, calibre, worth, good, credit, eminence, worthiness, value, virtue, distinction, account, deservingness, meritoriousness.

Section 6. How to achieved merit/s- You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Chapter II
Point to Discuss

Section 7. Line to point out - I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.

The administrator did not further explain, expound, point out some point/s, or clarify some factors that may affect the giving or rewarding of the merit.

But then some lines are pointed out like as follows:

a.“hoping that this system will increase post quality”, as the first line state, the admin never says we cannot comment a joke or short line in response inside a thread but as for respect to other members, excessive jokes or lines to offend others is subjective for reporting that may result on deleting your post/s. Balance your statement/s as everybody wants a community that that is considerate of other/s and those respect all the other members.

b. “Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up”, If a member wishes to rank up, they need to double check all their post/s or topic to be really consider/ed and labeled as ‘high quality stuff’ by readers for them to gain merit/s. On the other hand as the word says ‘in order to rank up’, in some point not all the member/s here wishes or want to rank up since we have many different purpose and objective/s here: to learn, to earn, to share, to gain something (as something refers to many things), or just to be simply here.

c.“If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point”, now you know if you didn’t get any until now! But don’t be discouraged if you think you did your very best in making high quality post and never been awarded because it doesn’t mean they are garbage or useless sometimes you really just don’t arrange your message well, or your presentation lack of something (one thing is how to make it interesting to readers), but with ill manner, you never receive merits because the readers know that your line is a copy and pasted from a source and you never put the link and try to claim the idea/s to be yours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NickCliar (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:13:37 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 05:51:11 PM by NickCliar

Chapter III
Continuation : Questions and Answers

Section 8. Section 7 of Chapter II really indicate the very sole reason for the rule.

a. Why do we see some thread/s that awards merit/s to anybody who reports people about how they or whom they give merit/s to? Do they want to gain popularity by doing so? Reports should be directly sent to moderator/s and moderator/s will examine the reports and send a final report to admin and admin will do the action as they apply the code of discipline or punish the member who violates the rule/s in accordance with the forum rules. In my opinion, this way of awarding merits is also abusive in some way because it affects the purpose since it is an award for a quality post not for an award for reporting.

b. People are exchanging with their merits, so, why do you care so much? Jealous that no one is to give you one? The main point is that you give your merit/s to a high-quality post, the rules never indicate the limit on how much merit you should or can give to a certain someone since it is yours to give. You can give your maximum merits to a post you consider passed the requirement.
If two people exchange merit, is it considered as farming? Naturally no! As we have different standards for measuring ‘High Quality’, results and judgments depend on the reader. So stop making red marks with “merit farmers’’ to those individuals who exchange merits, double check the post that they give merits to and not blindly look on the exchanging thing.

c. Why don’t they give red marks to members who solicit merits from others as awards to encourage other members to create high-quality post/s? As for me this is one way of farming merit for them to rank up, but for a legendary account I don’t have issues, if they really want to award merits they should voluntary go and visit board to board and see some post/s or topic that worth giving an award. Why do they need to make a campaign or so whatever to do so?

d. The admin never say do not give your merit to a plain post or your account be given warnings, so I don't blame if some people give 1-5 merit to a simple plain post for once or thrice but giving it many times is a different story. So how they get warnings? -Red Marks.

e. Is selling merits okay? -No, exchanging merits by making a high-quality post is accepted, even though the creator never say don't sell merit, don't make money out of it, if you do, don't get caught!!

Chapter IV
One more thing: Feel free to click the ignore button.

Composed by:

NickCliar
tot-o

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:28:54 PM

I don't give much grieve to the merit issues, I just regret the point that I miss the chance to up-rank my account before then.
I guess some of us are not lucky enough.
lakana

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:13:58 AM

I am very hired to get a certificate on this forum, but I do not know what to do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: