Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:14:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352313 times)
pac

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:40:59 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 07:27:36 PM by pac

The drama - makes for a good read.

No such thing as bad publicty Wink I'm curiuos why you think they are taking over the coin by the founding of karmashares LLC. It doesn’t affect the coin in a negative way, doesn’t hurt it's ideals. The fact that people are making a considered investment in a company does not connect it to the coin, it’s just a use of the coin, as is intended I presume. The LLC does not only keep coins off the market; It can be a powerful force propelling the coin using funds outside of the karmacoin community for good causes. We have all seen what a charity fundraiser like doge's can do for the price of a coin. The karmamarket can't handle big amounts of negative sell pressure at this time.

Besides the possibility of attracting funds from the 'real world', a business could be a huge advertising push for the coin, reaching out to everyday people and introducing them to this great coin. I understand you could feel like the project you've been working on has been taken out of your hands, but a moment of self-reflection would also be advisory. I look at karmashares as a the acceptance of a merchant using karmacoin. Only the product they are trying to promote is the coin itself. I love the idea and believe it will promote this great coin in ways that will reach people who are not into crypto in a way unlike any I've seen before.

The voice of the karmacoin team and karmagood have both been heard. I hope for one you can take a moment to let everything sink in. Don't handle out of emotions and talk to each other in the morning. You've all contributed to the coin we like, or maybe even love, and the future has seldom been brighter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 06:44:11 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 07:08:14 PM by kosmost

Dear Forum,

We told ShawnLeary, Cryptwho, Kosmost, Delaforetnoire the word No.  
They cannot make a company and sell karmacoin shares or trademark or copyright Karmacoin.

These guys have been active for 6 weeks on a project.  
It is their opinion that they have the right to claim the coin as their own because of the inactivity of others.
Imagine if the world operated this way - "in my opinion you have not done enough - so I am taking it from you."

Anyway - it is still a good coin and as you can see people have a lot of passion for it, which is why we believe it has a solid future.

Why must we continue to respond to child-like statements? Because there are some people that will believe what you are saying.

Again, your statements have no legal (or logical) basis.

"...you can see people have a lot of passion for it" (except for you.. everyone knows that by now)

"They cannot make a company and sell karmacoin shares or trademark or copyright Karmacoin." (yes, in fact we can. It's legal and it's what our community wanted. Everything will be done as we said and promised. There is nothing nefarious going on. We try to make everything as transparent as possible.)

If it was a scam do you really think I would be telling people on this forum and the subreddit and make statements like this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmacoin/comments/23n0m7/should_i_get_in_on_the_karma_train/cgyqxmd

Have you ever done a giveaway of tens of millions, perhaps over a hundred million of the coins you mined? I doubt it, because you dumped them all most likely. Your statements are amusing, if not sad.

Your brand of logic is quite mysterious.. and harmful. I believe you have gone mad. But what you are doing is not in the spirit of Karmacoin.

The coin moves on without you.

edit: OMG.. you are so funny.. You changed the Official website link in the subreddit to "iKarmacoin.com".. but you shut it down,  remember? Dude.. please stop before you hurt yourself.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
rbauer85

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:49:45 PM

Dear Forum,

They cannot make a company and sell karmacoin shares or trademark or copyright Karmacoin.

It is their opinion that they have the right to claim the coin as their own because of the inactivity of others.
Imagine if the world operated this way - "in my opinion you have not done enough - so I am taking it from you."

Anyway - it is still a good coin and as you can see people have a lot of passion for it, which is why we believe it has a solid future.

Cryptocurrencys by default don't belong to anyone, so karmacoin doesn't belong to you. It doesn't matter what you say, those people are free to do as they please, if they have in fact trademarked or copyrighted karmacoin, now it is actually theirs.

Think about all of the people who invent a product, only to have it scooped up by someone else, who patents it. Guess what. The patent holder now owns the invention. Looks like you just got scooped.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 07:02:02 PM

Cryptocurrencys by default don't belong to anyone, so karmacoin doesn't belong to you. It doesn't matter what you say, those people are free to do as they please, if they have in fact trademarked or copyrighted karmacoin, now it is actually theirs.

Think about all of the people who invent a product, only to have it scooped up by someone else, who patents it. Guess what. The patent holder now owns the invention. Looks like you just got scooped.

That is true. If he really wanted to cause a fuss, the law would side with us because he would be using our logo without our permission (the one I paid for out of my own pocked and am holding the copyright to); and using our "Karmacoin" trademark that we will have already applied for. Karmacoin is an open source project that he has already made public domain.

But there's no need for such behaviour. We tried to communicate with him reasonably, but he just continues to act this way. It's sad.

BitTanker

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:03:17 PM

The currency is going very well. KarmaGood looks like an upset child to have abandoned the toy and another pick up

Cheesy

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 07:03:17 PM

Well, I've said everything I needed to say.

On to the new Karma thread! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0

mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:04:21 PM

WOW this post just nailed it and has kept me from my own rant because I agree with it.

A few downers are that this schism creates a very quick downturn in the price as seen immediately when Karmagood posted and the subject started over the past hour. I certainly hope there is no ill will toward the coin itself or even the remotest interest in dropping the momentum further beyond what we have established over the last 3 days (and rightfully earned in my opinion with some great announcements).

Instead of talking about copyright infringement and lawyers, etc..I'm sure many would be more interested in talking about advancing the creative uses of Karmacoin and it's overall wider uses, promotion, charity uses, etc.

Now that we are just hearing the behind the scenes challenges amongst KarmaCoin team members, I am sure we would all prefer to see it ironed out to as many people's satisfaction as possible. Don't get me wrong, although I may not be expecting a campfire and hotdogs all holding hands any time soon, it sure would be some Kewl Karma (website address anyone!) to see Karmagood and Komost as well as any old team members and new team members work it all out.

I've seen another original coin Dev create a coin, stick with it for a month (he was good!)...and then when it dropped, he dropped 100% out of his commitment to the coin and its community. The kicker? When the coin skyrocked, he magically appeared with a list of excuses why he left. And we lived happily ever after? No sir. When the coin tanked back to where is all started from the get go....he vanished like a thief in the night. Those that have been on this forum for a year+ have seen this pattern as it almost always plays out in the same fashion.

Should Karmagood go away quietly? Dunno. Could post a world famous Komost poll and ask. But I for one would personally rather see Karmagood stay and get back to the coin he started as well as the enthusiasm and commitment he originally had in that first month+. I think we all would benefit. Just my 2 Karmacoins though.

I am certain and definitive about one thing (not an opinion)..karmaSHARES is a business based on KarmaCOIN...but in and of itself...is NOT Karmacoin.  

Let's see if anyone ones to add to the fear, uncertainty and doubt to knock the price. Not kewl Karma Kids!

Karma to the mooon!

No such thing as bad publicty Wink I'm curiuos why you think they are taking over the coin by the founding of karmashares LLC. It doesn’t affect the coin in a negative way, doesn’t hurt it's ideals. The fact that people are making a considered invest in a company does not connect it to the coin, it’s just a use of the coin, as is intended I presume. The LLC does not only keep coins off the market; It can be a powerful force propelling the coin using funds outside of the karmacoin community for good causes. We have all seen what a charity fundraiser like doge's can do for the price of a coin. The karmamarket can't handle big amounts of negative sell pressure at this time.

Besides the possibility of attracting funds from the 'real world', a business could be a huge advertising push for the coin, reaching out to everyday people and introducing them to this great coin. I understand you could feel like the project you've been working on has been taken out of your hands, but a moment of self-reflection would also be advisory. I look at karmashares as a the acceptance of a merchant using karmacoin. Only the product they are trying to promote is the coin itself. I love the idea and believe it will promote this great coin in ways that will reach people who are not into crypto in a way unlike any I've seen before.

The voice of the karmacoin team and karmagood have both been heard. I hope for one you can take a moment to let everything sink in. Don't handle out of emotions and talk to each other in the morning. You've all contributed to the coin we like, or maybe even love, and the future has seldom been brighter.

cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:07:16 PM

just so to be clear. we are not attacking Karmagood. we are only letting everyone else know why he is doing this. he has been MIA and now not sure what he wants.

He did the same thing with us in mid march. After being away from the biggining of the march he showed up again in middle of it promising that he would be more active. He said and i quote "msg me when you need something changed and i will do it in 4 hrs" what he meant was to change some info in the mean thread. what he actually meant was that he was not going to follow the coin and we should msg him if we need him to add a line or two on his thread. then he dissapeared again. not only did he not help us with coding or pushing the coin forward. but he stopped even changing the main thread.

Do you know how bad we felt when people came here asking why the main site is down? why the wallets links do not work? why the main pool is off?

we have asked him to hand over his accounts so we can update everything. basically we were willing to do %100 of all the work. and he would still get the credit.

You guys have no idea how much faster we would have moved had he help us with the dev work.

he ditch you and now he wants to hurt us again for doing all the work  :/

even with all this. we were contacting him up until recently to re-join us.

seriously. check his history here. his www.reddit.com/u/karmacoingood history. his twitter history , his facebook history. 

do you know how frustruating it has been for us to push forward with so many obstacles? 

i will stop responding here.

i wish karmagood no ill-intentions but he needs to stop hurting our effort once again.

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
BitTanker

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:10:21 PM

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
One Six

Activity: 281

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:23:57 PM

KarmaGood - Being the OP why don't you just be quite and luckily enjoy the benefits of hardwork from people like Kosmost, CryptoWho,.....even though you were hibernating for long.  It's shame on you to accuse them. Should be very painful for them to hear your accusations. These guys made Karma raise to 60+ Litoshi from 8 Litoshi. Shame on you man. No body is with you.
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:42:19 PM

Guys KARMA never fails.

Create bad Karma and it will hunt you down.

Create Good one and it will follow you even after the grave.

I would like to make it clear to everyone who may wander into this OLD THREAD.

Karmacoin was sick and near death.

Till kosmost/His team/and us who supported the few who stayed as a community successfully revived the coin without the cooperation that should have come from the first DEV. We know because all activities were documented ONLINE, the absence and the presence of activities are all TIME STAMPED.

Now, I would like to rally everyone, old and new Karmans to voice their support to the team that made what the coin is today, and to what the coin will be in the foreseeable future.

So let us ALL move on. Keep supporting kosmost and his team, it is for everyone's sake. Including those who may have regrets of letting go.
Do not fear. Just be very very observant.

WE WELCOME YOU TO THE REAL THREAD WHERE THE DEVS AND THE COMMUNITY OF KARMACOIN IS.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0

SEE YOU THERE.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:56:19 PM

My last post to this thread: as a follower of this coin since the beginning I remember Karmagood well and I think he acted pretty good as a dev several times early on, especially when it came to dealing with the multipool abuse (difficulty and exploiting the "random" block rewards).

BUT once the coin value took a dive he's obviously stopped caring and the coin was spiralling towards death until kosmost and his team took over (with Karmagoods blessings AFAIK). Since then I have been continuously impressed by the quality of leadership the new team has displayed. It is my firm opinion that the recovery of KARM from the list of dead coins is exclusively the new team's achievement. I will continue to support the new team and hope that Karmagood can come around and work things out with kosmost and team in a mature way. He is doing nothing but hurt the coin AND the community right now by acting childish.

I have seen this pattern before, e.g. Grumpycoin. Their dev also went missing, dumped his premine and left the coin and community for dead. But the community took over. Got some marketing going, built a fanbase, started updating the wallet and actually improving the coin. The day GRUMP got added to a major exchange (Mintpal) the dev suddenly decided to reappear, spew nonsense, accuse the team who rescued the coin of stealing his coin etc. - exactly thew same pattern.

Karmagood, you had weeks, if not months to turn this coin around. Instead you CHOSE to abandon us, the coin as well as the community. Coming back today shouting is really lame and makes you look bad. Please take a moment and consider what you're doing and HOW you're doing it. There are better ways to handle this.

jsaez

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:23:51 PM

Dear Forum,

Angry Karmagood - this user probably was hacked. Becouse user will not do bad for his COIN. I think this user was hacked and they want to write shit on forum. I wan to ask admin to ban his account for 1 month or more. IT'S FAKE USER!!!!

Poogasm

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:27:47 PM

jsaez, what the hell are you on about?

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
jsaez

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:37:30 PM

Think, karmacoin grow up to 600% in a few days. And coin holder perfect know, that bad news about his coin will push it down. Why he do it? Why he don't want coin growth??? HE told that all work, that did kosmost and his team - it's not legal, it's bad, he haven't do it etc. WTF ?? It's not coin holder....
Delaforetnoire

Activity: 429

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:43:05 PM

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Poogasm

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:52:52 PM

Think, karmacoin grow up to 600% in a few days. And coin holder perfect know, that bad news about his coin will push it down. Why he do it? Why he don't want coin growth??? HE told that all work, that did kosmost and his team - it's not legal, it's bad, he haven't do it etc. WTF ?? It's not coin holder....

That is really Karmagood. I swear.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
BitTanker

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:53:46 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 10:06:51 PM by BitTanker

Retweet

https://twitter.com/BitTanker/status/458697828639195137
https://twitter.com/BitTanker/status/458694493412544512
https://twitter.com/BitTanker/status/458689537515212801

Join, new sub-reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/karmashares

Cheesy

BitTanker

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:28:00 PM

ryannguyen18

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:18:03 PM

I am not from karmacoin team, I am just  a person who bought karmacoins on coinmarket.io, from my heart I dont believe in Karmagood...he is so quiet and act weird.

Why ? I bought karmacoins at 10 satoshis at that time...it was keep going down, i am worry my investment everyday, karmagood didnt doing anything, just be quiet....until Kosmost and his team took over and active alot, i felt happy for karmacoin community.

Please come to Kosmost new bitcointalk forum...

Long live the Karmacoin and Moon comes to Karmashare.

Bitcoin - 1NCmJ3hXLywaRHTsnm17rGkaJbjtbiKxZW
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: