Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:13:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352313 times)
rickyross

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:37:05 PM

@Karmagood, face it man. You have no one to fault for running from your own community, I always believed in karmacoin and you disappointed me when I attempted to get in contact with you multiple times to discuss a project involving this karmacoin, and got no response from you whatsoever (unlike the new Dev that has responded to every message I sent which is rare with creators of cryptocoin). This showed me how non-active you were.

I'm happy that the new team actually cares and is now taking this coin in a new direction and is actually doing something that no other crypto coin has done before. It's obvious that you are upset because you thought new team would take this no where and now that you see the coin on the rise, you want a piece of it, but no work has been done on your part. So please quit making yourself look bad and instead join the community and help us out instead.

They have gave you every opportunity to join them and yet you refused to update. Not only did you turn them down but the whole community as well. It shows that you could care less about us and the project itself, and this is not what this community wants.

Hopefully you have learned something from this, and next time you will actually do something about it.

You snooze you lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluejean

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:39:07 AM

Leave Karmagood behind for good. He has shown his true colors and will only disappoint you further and maybe do real damage to the coin and the community. His bad karma cannot be turned because he won't allow it internally. He's just that type of person...too narcissistic to see anything but what he wants to see. I would retract the offer for him to come back even in a silent capacity.

Karmagood...move on to the next chapter of your life. This one is finished. You can't start over or change it. You're obviously a talented software/crypto coin developer. Get yourself right inside and get back in the game with something new. Don't keep posting to this thread or the new one. There is not one person that has read what you've posted that believes you. The less you say at this point, the better.

Kosmost and team...carry on. In time, you will forget about your old team mate. You've all done absolutely magnificent work reviving this coin and I think the future looks quite bright. The current team is the most talented, forward thinking group developing and marketing crypto currency at this time. You will see other coin developers copying your exploits and strategies in the future.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:59:02 AM

Karmagood is pissed off because he dumped all his coins before the real team took over and raised this coin from the ashes. Tough luck pal.

It's people like you that are a stain on the coin and the sooner you are removed from the picture the better. I didn't invest thousands of US dollars in this coin over the past 4 days because you are such a fantastic, active dev and have great plans for this coin - I invested because of Kosmost and the others who truly are doing a fantastic job of both promoting the coin and improving its infrastructure to something truly professional.

Everyone here will agree with me when I say that if it was left to you the coin would be dead, you would be feeling smug having dumped all your coins long ago, and many good people would be out of pocket. Well thank God that isn't the case!

Keep up the good work Kosmost and team!
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:06:03 AM

On to the new Karma thread! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0

We have much, much, bigger things to attend to.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
Poogasm

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:16:37 AM

We have much, much, bigger things to attend to.

That's what she said?

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:20:14 AM

haha...

hey guys. lets keep the "karma" energy positive.

Please everyone follow us at the new thread as we are able to change and revise that thread anytime we wish.

cheers

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
BitTanker

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:45:28 AM

Well, I've said everything I needed to say.

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
Karmagood (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:56:09 PM

There is a lot of noise on this thread, and I want to make sure everyone knows that the Devs of Karmacoin (the op, etc) have absolutely nothing to do with Karmashares LLC.  The reason it is important to note this is Karmashares has a huge legal liability as described below, and the Devs ARE NOT responsible for any money lost by people who invest in Karmashares.  The Devs do not endorse investment and in fact strongly warn against it.  Here is the core issue regarding what can happen

1) Kosmost allows people to purchase a percentage of the Karmashares LLC entity with a promise that they will get paid a portion of profits the company makes.  These people are then Owners.

2) If Karmashares LLC is successful, and Kosmost sells the company, there is nothing that says what Owners will get in a company sale (asset sale or stock sale).  Kosmost could technically pocket the entire amount received given that he is the sole legal owner as defined in his LLC documents.  The Owners may not receive anything.  We, the Devs, do not want the Owners to look towards us at that point as we have nothing to do with this for-profit venture

3) If Karmashares LLC makes money, there is nothing that would stop Kosmost, as the sole CEO and legal owner, from giving himself a quarterly bonus right before the profits are to be shared.  The bonus would spend all of the profits so that there would be nothing left to distribute.  Owners again would look to someone to sue, and we want to make sure they know the Devs are not in any way responsible or associated.

4) If someone else sues Karmashares LLC, anyone designated an Owner (assuming the paperwork is proper for their stock certificates) would be liable for damages. This means the person who puts in 1000 Karmacoin would be liable for paying someone who wins a lawsuit against Karmashares LLC.   The Devs again are not associated with this entity and are not responsible.

Yes, the LLC is a legal entity and for some reason Kosmost believes showing where the LLC is incorporated mitigates these major problems.  Anyone can create an LLC on LegalZoom in about 20 minutes. In addition, a promise of transparency for the financials of Karmashares LLC still does nothing to fix these major issues. 
BitTanker

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:09:20 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 02:30:38 PM by BitTanker

Karmagood stop... you stole reddit that we strive to grow...  fully no morals...

And now banned me from reddit.

You're just trying to hurt the currency which you abandoned and is now going on without you!

Has nothing better to do equal in the last two months?

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
BitTanker

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:09:57 PM

Well, I've said everything I needed to say.

Join, new sub-reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/karmashares

ltcjunky43

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:09:10 PM

I smell a scam from the Karmashare's thing. They keep trying to get people to think this official thread is closed so that they will go to Karmashare's and buy shares.
BitTanker

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:15:25 PM

I smell a scam from the Karmashare's thing. They keep trying to get people to think this official thread is closed so that they will go to Karmashare's and buy shares.

has nothing scam... how long you follow karmacoin?

was here when we invest time and effort in and disclose the coin?

look:

Karmagood stop... you stole reddit that we strive to grow...  fully no morals...

And now banned me from reddit.

You're just trying to hurt the currency which you abandoned and is now going on without you!

Has nothing better to do equal in the last two months?

this is the guy that says contribute with this coin

ltcjunky43

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:18:56 PM

since launch. the dev advised against it, so im not going to trust the LLC
chunkypools

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

If you're not mining karmacoin with chunkypools.com/karm already, consider giving us a try.

We're proud to offer:

• A fun loving and supportive community
  • A trade group (mining grants entry!)
  • A very user friendly experience
  • Customized features, like a multi-coin wallet and account screen

We take mining very seriously, it's a passion for us. Come join the community that wants to help you increase your returns. Join us at chunkypools.com!
BitTanker

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:23:25 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 03:38:57 PM by BitTanker

since launch. the dev advised against it, so im not going to trust the LLC

Read the complaints of many users for the lack of cooperation from Karmagood.
Look for work in the last two months and see who actually worked here.

Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:24:49 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 03:42:02 PM by Alphi

There is a lot of noise on this thread, and I want to make sure everyone knows that the Devs of Karmacoin (the op, etc) have absolutely nothing to do with Karmashares LLC.  The reason it is important to note this is Karmashares has a huge legal liability as described below, and the Devs ARE NOT responsible for any money lost by people who invest in Karmashares.  The Devs do not endorse investment and in fact strongly warn against it.  Here is the core issue regarding what can happen

1) Kosmost allows people to purchase a percentage of the Karmashares LLC entity with a promise that they will get paid a portion of profits the company makes.  These people are then Owners.

2) If Karmashares LLC is successful, and Kosmost sells the company, there is nothing that says what Owners will get in a company sale (asset sale or stock sale).  Kosmost could technically pocket the entire amount received given that he is the sole legal owner as defined in his LLC documents.  The Owners may not receive anything.  We, the Devs, do not want the Owners to look towards us at that point as we have nothing to do with this for-profit venture

3) If Karmashares LLC makes money, there is nothing that would stop Kosmost, as the sole CEO and legal owner, from giving himself a quarterly bonus right before the profits are to be shared.  The bonus would spend all of the profits so that there would be nothing left to distribute.  Owners again would look to someone to sue, and we want to make sure they know the Devs are not in any way responsible or associated.

4) If someone else sues Karmashares LLC, anyone designated an Owner (assuming the paperwork is proper for their stock certificates) would be liable for damages. This means the person who puts in 1000 Karmacoin would be liable for paying someone who wins a lawsuit against Karmashares LLC.   The Devs again are not associated with this entity and are not responsible.

Yes, the LLC is a legal entity and for some reason Kosmost believes showing where the LLC is incorporated mitigates these major problems.  Anyone can create an LLC on LegalZoom in about 20 minutes. In addition, a promise of transparency for the financials of Karmashares LLC still does nothing to fix these major issues.  

ok boys and girls enough of the petty squabbling.
KarmaCoin is an open source project based on other open source technologies so there is no chance of intellectual property infringement because you simply cannot patent an invention that is based on open source software and open standards.

KarmaCoin like bitcoin IS and should always be free for anyone to use/adapt and build economies around. anyone who threatens to sue people for using any KarmaCoin IP is doing far more harm to the community than good. Can you imagine if a rogue Bitcoin company tried to sue everyone else who was using the name Bitcoin on their website? I can and it wouldn't look pretty because the entire community would boycott them into oblivion.

Yes KarmaShares LLC is a separate legal entity to the KarmaCoin project and so by incorporating, they open themselves up to any and all legal and regulatory hiccups and hurdles that any crypto-coin based company would have to face. This of course is their choice and the choice of anyone who chooses to invest with them and I wish them all the best with their endeavors. As is usually the case with any startup company the majority of them fail but the handful that succeed reap huge rewards for those early seed round investors. So the recommended wisdom is that nobody should invest more than they are willing to lose.

Nobody can deny that the Karmashares team has done more to lift the value of KarmaCoin than anyone else and they should be commended for doing most of the hard lifting. So please lets all take a chill pill and watch this coin move forward without being bogged down in political BS..

KarmaGood if you want to do something useful the please recompile the client with the updated OpenSSL to fix the heartbleed vulnerabilities.

unless I missed it (and its possible since I haven't been reading everything) this issue doesn't seem to have been addressed and yet it is of such concern to many of the other cryptocoins that most of them have released updates.

Peace and Karma to all and lets get on with the show....

PS.. as an FYI here is the license agreement that covers KarmaCoin via Bitcoin

Karmacoin is a free open source peer-to-peer electronic cash system that is completely decentralized, without the need for a central server or trusted parties. Users hold the crypto keys to their own money and transact directly with each other, with the help of a P2P network to check for double-spending.

The MIT License (MIT)
[OSI Approved License]
The MIT License (MIT)

Copyright (c) <year> <copyright holders>

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Poogasm

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:10:46 PM

That license only applies to the software, not the creative aspects.
You know, the name and concept as applied to the software.

Just sayin'.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:49:56 PM

That license only applies to the software, not the creative aspects.
You know, the name and concept as applied to the software.

Just sayin'.

the names, logos, documentation etc that were and will be included in the github repository are all part of the open source software license and so can be used freely by anyone for any purpose.

Satoshi nakamoto invented bitcoin but even he cant sue people for using or misusing it because he released it into the public domain and didn't use his real name so even if he tried to there would be no way to prove his case.

people who "borrow" his work and ideas and then try to claim they have rights to it have even less of a case.

as for the Name or the idea of KarmaCoin there cant be any  trademark infringement because it was never a registered trademark and I doubt it ever could be trademarked because another company has already trademarked an almost identical name.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:03:01 PM

guys. karmacoingood doesn't reason.

he chooses to ignore everything but attacking us.

He doesnt care that he is hurting everyone else. He doesn't understand that his karmacoin is a free copy of litecoin, and therefore he has no legal bind

all this time all i have asked is for him to show what he has done in this past 30 days or more. What Dev work has he done?

he doesn't even bother to talk about his lack of fixing the openSSL bug.  (we have fixed that and will provide new wallets today)

i just dont know how to even respond to him anymore. Look at how he is behaving. If he trully cares about his coin and he found out inside people were moving to take it away from him, he should have been fighting and screaming and demanding answers. Look at his behavior. He says one thing then goe away , zero fucks given.

Does this look like a behavior of a dev? Not even bothering with his own coin, but only posting to say karmashars is bad?

I fee like he is trolling to drop the prices.

anyways i am done trying to rationalize with this guy.

Look at the histories all of us and then look at his. figure out who is doing what more for your coins and then support who you want.

We worked too hard implementing this coin and growing its network. Not gonna stop now because of one person

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
BitTanker

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:32:55 PM

I hope he returns to reason and release reddit of COMMUNITY

Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: