Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:35:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For Free: My nice idea for Coin !!!  (Read 465 times)
embicoin (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:18:37 AM

I just thinked about a revolutionary feature for a new possible world-changing coin.

I want to gift this idea freely to the world, in hoping of that some kind developer may want to take it.

Well, the idea is a voting-system integrated in the wallet. The only requisite for voting is having a minimal coin amount (this amount could be the tricky setup config for success).

Then, the coin would be self-regulatory, because every holder of the coin would be equally heared everytime is needed.

The implementation shouldn't be too much difficult, just take a look at projects like bitmessage or so. Working on the top of a blockchain the safety and security is enough.
A "democracy develoment system" where the people, teams, developers, economists, lawyers, scientists... could send projects for the people to vote for them and build a system of bounties taken from a fee % of transactions.

The coin could be PoS, PoW or even a mix.

What do you think about my idea?
Could it be possible, or too "utopical"?
What would you change?

If you want to support my contributions to the crypto space with some caffeine or a beer in form of satoshis: BTC 17z1x4gr1GsjM7Tgh5qYamDNrAx3LvrpTa Wink Thank you very much!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Krox

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:24:54 AM

Some coins already have a voting system.
Memorycoin has this system integrated in its wallet.
The weight of the vote depends on amount of the coins you have in the wallet.
Quite close to the idea you are proposing here.
embicoin (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:31:07 AM

Well I know about it, but, why would be a health-based voting system would be world-changing?

That is what the world has right now about economy and politics, the richest lobbies take all decissions, because they have the "power"
In my system, the richest and the poorest holder of the coin would have the same strength in the decission.

I don't know any political system that has this feature, because until this moment on the history, there was no physical way to control it. Now with cryptocurrencies it can be real.

If you want to support my contributions to the crypto space with some caffeine or a beer in form of satoshis: BTC 17z1x4gr1GsjM7Tgh5qYamDNrAx3LvrpTa Wink Thank you very much!!!
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:11:41 AM

Why don't you make it?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:20:18 AM

Interesting idea Grin show me when you made it Grin

Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:51:37 PM

Well I know about it, but, why would be a health-based voting system would be world-changing?

That is what the world has right now about economy and politics, the richest lobbies take all decissions, because they have the "power"
In my system, the richest and the poorest holder of the coin would have the same strength in the decission.

I don't know any political system that has this feature, because until this moment on the history, there was no physical way to control it. Now with cryptocurrencies it can be real.

I like this bit  Smiley
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:58:06 PM

Hardly possible. If let's say, you would need at least 1 Coin to have a vote, I could simply transfer all my coins in fractions of single coins and vote with each. (Example I have 10 coins, transfer them in 10 different Addresses = 10 Votes)

Only solution would be that there has to be a central authority which gives out addresses to user, which need to register with their ID to get one (so they could only get one). Which would put the whole control over who can use the coin and what does he use it for into a single hand.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:59:34 PM

I like this bit  Smiley

How do you make this work thou??

What would stop someone making 1000 wallets with a few coins in so they can make more votes.

The ideas are good, but getting it to work will be tough.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:17:48 PM

I like this bit  Smiley

How do you make this work thou??

What would stop someone making 1000 wallets with a few coins in so they can make more votes.

The ideas are good, but getting it to work will be tough.

Yeah, the guy above you said exactly the same. It's a good point. Cryptos as they are now wouldn't allow for it, or not easily. Interesting thought though...
embicoin (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:57:01 PM

Well I must think to improve the idea, at that moment I was just trying to give some inspiration to any hungry dev Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: