Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223003 times)
griffitsj

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:50:46 AM

keep up the voting on MintPal guys.  I'm voting for Kitteh whenever I'm on there which is quite a lot ATM.   With some sustained voting from the community I'm sure this can get on MintPal in a couple of weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:19:02 PM

i dont think there is manipulator
there are sellers, demand, network difficulty/security

When buy and sell walls magically change at the same time, it's not just many sellers/buyers, there's a huge whale moving the walls..

come on augi, youve been watching the goings on ,we all know this is a whale at work. Soon he will have had his fill and those sell walls will be removed, patience is the key.lets not get 2 pessimistic here!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:20:24 PM

i dont think there is manipulator
there are sellers, demand, network difficulty/security

When buy and sell walls magically change at the same time, it's not just many sellers/buyers, there's a huge whale moving the walls..

It's very hard to market a coin and get enough buyers to increase the price when it gets raped mined and dumped on the market to the extent that it easily knocks down the price. Yesterday there was a few btc going on 5, I was buying it up so were others and more would keep coming onto the market, today there is 15 btc worth of meow for sale on 5 at cryptsy. This is the extent of the rape mining. This week alone 120 million kittehcoin have been mined and most of it - IMO - dumped onto the market.

Unless this problem is addressed quickly I fear that kittehcoin will be going the way of the dodo.

Is there not something that can be done to stop multipools from doing this? I was thinking setting up a miners against multipools where we alert miners to coins that are getting rape mined and they can join in mining that coin to neglate the rape mining. Would that help or is that stupid? I don't know a lot about mining.

adamg this has nothing 2 do w mining rape and all to do with whale manipulation!!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
BTCarchitect

Activity: 142

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:16:40 PM

MEOW just lost 30000 votes on mintpal
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:46:28 PM

wth
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:38:12 PM

I sent an e-mail to them to see why this happened..

shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:23:56 PM

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:29:42 PM

Someone used tor i bet...
shai_

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:30:51 PM

shai_

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:31:36 PM

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:40:36 PM

WTH MINTPAL. Way to ruin my day Sad.

People need to pop into IRC more, that is where most kitteh action is happening these days. Come chat, come help, come suggest ideas!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:25:00 PM

Guys, please, there is no need to vote on Mintpal.
Tho votes are not important, volume is.
NOBLE was added few days ago and had not as much votes as the top coins, but they gained huge trading volume and that was enough to bring them there.

catotune

Activity: 422

Meow

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:25:27 AM

But seriously, I'm sticking with the Kitteh  Wink

Just finished releasing my KittehCoin Balance app for all major mobile platforms, except iOS:

Google Play Store (Android)
Amazon Kindle Store
Windows Phone Store
Blackberry World
Chrome Web Store
Firefox Marketplace

If you need to check the MEOW balance of your wallets on the go, give my app a try, and don't hesitate to let me know what you think!

Long live KittehCoin
whale123

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:15:03 AM

Wow, kitteh going up again. Huge buy wall at 4 satoshi! Luckily I bought some at 5. Cheesy

TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:34:41 AM

Quote from: theghostk=topic=448003.msg6282441#msg6282441 date=1397832901
Quote from: TheMightyX
lots of bla bla bla

Quote from: TheMightyX
Just because someone is not a programmer does NOT mean they don't have ideas or can't be useful in strategizing a profitable plan.
Lets be brutally honest, programmers don't make games, programmers don't design the software and programmers don't make marketing decisions.

Oh hai Bill Gates, here TheMightyX is saying that you're not a successful programmer. I think you should give him you dollars and return to your basement to write BASIC programs.

Are you really that ignorant of tech history? Gates bought Q-DOS from another programmer named Tim Paterson for $50,000 and furnished it to IBM after negotiating the rights to license the OS to third party OEMs. IBM agreed to this deal in large part because they saw the rights as worthless. Yet more than anything else, it was that arrangement that allowed Microsoft to prosper into the entity it is now.

If you think what made Gates successful was his programming vision, then what you are in effect saying is that his role in the growth of personal computing was actually interchangeable. After all, there would have been no shortage of people that IBM could have found to develop their BASIC computers and/or DOS PCs. It takes a shrewd entrepreneur to recognize the opportunity Gates did. And that, I believe, is precisely X's point.  (Jobs also did something distinctly similar, first with Atari and then Xerox.)

The bottom-line is, Bill Gates WAS a very good programmer, he BECAME and excellent business man and lead an extremely successful business that changed the world; his purchase of DOS is one of the first examples of this. TheMightyX said:

Lets be brutally honest, programmers don't make games, programmers don't design the software and programmers don't make marketing decisions.

Which is completely false and unfair to all successful programmers that have become entrepreneurs.

Yes there are exceptions to every rule, but that doesn't change the fact that the majority of companies that make games or software don't hire programmers as designers. The designers do their job and the programmers do their job. I'm surprised I even had to say that. Using bill gates as an example seems pretty far fetched. That's just not how companies work.

Unfortunately much of what I said could only be taken as offensive and I apologize for that. I even tried to add that I like Dano because I do.

Even more unfortunate is the fact that you cannot tell someone you disagree with how they handled something without insulting them at least in part.

Look, we all saw the multipool issue coming. It's spread across the entire community. There is hardly a coin that isn't affected.

With this in mind changing the algorithm or relaunching seemed like quite the obvious solution and was suggested by myself and many others I believe back when there was still time to salvage things.

I will apologize for trying to place the blame squarely on Dano, which is not what I intended; I will not apologize for being upset. I believe I have every right to be upset as well as many others, you and Dano included.

Expecting the community to rise up and rally together and do this and that is pure fantasy though. You mentioned this shouldn't be treated like a business, well, unfortunately the majority (yes, the majority) of people are investing in these coins. INVESTING is a BUSINESS motive.
Running a successful coin IS running a business. If you want to profit or at least fund development you need to consider income and expenses. You also need to account for apathy and laziness of the community.

Expecting donations on a coin that is rising in value is even wishful thinking, but RELYING on donations on a coin that is falling in price is delusional.

That fact that you would say that this isn't a business shows that you might not be the best person to run this show Sebastien. Even as I type that I wince because that will surely offend and that is not my intention. But I cannot disagree with you more.

You have INVESTORS, plain and simple. People investing in your COMPANY. The COMPANY of the CRYPTOCURRENCY. They want it to succeed so they can profit. If you are not running this like a business you are destined to fail. And lose a lot of other peoples money along with yours.

You cannot rely on DONATIONS, but you can rely on goodwill. You can rely on people being ok with donating 1% or 2% of all mined blocks, should that donation be automatic and out of sight (out of mind). Einsteinium and many other coins do this as a block reward tax.
In this way you could fund development and ensure that you have the funds you need to focus on development and a budget for marketing/etc.

Lastly, to stir up more flames I believe as programmers maybe you think that "merged-mining" is great and interesting and totally amazing.
I got news, and you aint gonna like it:

Nobody gives a flying fuck about merge-mining.
You know what people give fucks about? making money.

The team didn't want to change algo's because you wanted to do this merged mining thing thinking that would bring in so much more mining power and solve your multipool problems?
It doesn't matter what the difficulty is or how many people mine it because when a multipool hits it they are still dwarfing any measely mining power of any single coin (except bitcoin of course). That means regardless of any new fixes to KGW the majority of coins are still going to the big whales who are dumping them.

In my mind switching algos to a multipool-proof algorithm such as adaptive-n or X11 or HEAVY would have been so much more beneficial than merge mining ever will be.

Maybe thats because I'm looking at it from a business angle, and you are looking at it from a programming angle?
Again, different hats for different jobs.
A programmer is not an economist.

Also, someone mentioned having a multipool wouldnt work because this is not a PoS coin. As I mentioned that tactic is not just for PoS coins.
If people mine this coin, they get kitteh coins.
If they mine a kitteh multipool they get kitteh coins through buying them, which in turn increases the value of those kittehcoins.
If they mine ANOTHER coin, we have to rely on them A. not holding the other coin, B. selling the other coin and C. buying kittehcoin.

That is a lot more work and the chances of everyone following through with that are not good.
A multipool does all of this and ensures that people are buying kittehcoin.
shai_

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:48:58 AM

again...
if it was POS.. fine
but its POW
mining something else devalues the coin and hurting network security ! so you will maybe have more coins which will worth ... nothing
and easier to 51% attack
i am sure that some evil multipools already did that to few coins
double spend into exchange
and then you buy coins which disappear

must fix that KGW ASAP
if you need to fork for merge mining, can fork few times
its really needed
blue_bit

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:54:29 AM

again...
if it was POS.. fine
but its POW
mining something else devalues the coin and hurting network security ! so you will maybe have more coins which will worth ... nothing
and easier to 51% attack

must fix that KGW ASAP
its really needed

good idea!!!
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:54:29 AM

again...
if it was POS.. fine
but its POW
and easier to 51% attack

must fix that KGW ASAP
its really needed

If you actually go and read what a 51% attack is and what it allows the attacker to do, its not that scary at all.
from http://learncryptography.com/51-attack/

There’s only a couple things someone with 51% of the network hashrate could do. They could prevent transactions of their choosing from gaining any confirmations, thus making them invalid, potentially preventing people from sending Bitcoins between addresses. They could also reverse transactions they send during the time they are in control (allowing double spend transactions), and they could potentially prevent other miners from finding any blocks for a short period of time. That’s really about it – enough power to cause some serious mayhem (as that’s all stuff that isn’t supposed to be able to happen) but nothing that would seriously cripple the network – at least not immediately. They couldn’t reverse transactions from long ago, create new coins out of thin air (besides through regular mining), or steal coins from other people’s wallets.

Implementing automatic checkpointing and time warp limitations similar to Hirocoin would prevent the majority of these attacks.
Automatic Checkpointing stops blocks being orphaned and transactions being reversed. 51% attacks result in the loss of time, money and confidence. This protection broadcasts checkpoints rather than a core developer hard coding them into the source. As a result this is also finding its way into more coins who cannot safeguard their blockchain without it.
And if the value of the coin is going up you are still going to have people mining the coin directly. I'm not saying everyone should switch over to a multipool, but switching half your mining power even would be enough to create a steady upward pressure on the price.

The 51% attack is fucking peanuts and people need to stop treating it as the end of the world. It has no power going backwards, only forwards and if any multipool was found to be doing this it would be short lived as when the community found out about it that pool would be blacklisted immediately. It is highly unlikely that a single entity (non-pool) would ever amass enough hashing power to complete a 51% attack so this is arguably a non-issue anyway.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:43:59 PM

MEOW!

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
whale123

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:44:21 PM

This buy wall at 4 satoshi is really encouraging.
Do you think we might be ready for another ride up like few weeks ago?
How high did we jump back then?

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: