Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:16:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223003 times)
majsta

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:00:28 PM

I was thinking about reducing reward but after some calculations I think that you are correct. Only thing needed is to fork it on some other algo before another block halving.
Right now I m still waiting for some messages here because first objective should be multipool.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:49:34 PM

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

After several months I must now fully move on to my core project - Syscoin. That being the case many properties related to Kittehcoin (Block explorer, main website, forums, blog, etc) are going to be coming down unless a member of the community contacts me and is willing to take over this responsibility.

I am also going to be removing myself from the Kittehcoin github repository and would like the new community lead to take over that as well.

I will be ensuring the key sites continue to operate for the next 10 days, then I will let them expire naturally. Please email me dan@syscoin.org to workout a handoff- I don't want these boxes to just die but I can't keep hosting them.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:17:36 PM

^^^
same message will be posted on syscoin thread 6 months down the road
tuaris

Activity: 765

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 12:25:09 AM

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

After several months I must now fully move on to my core project - Syscoin. That being the case many properties related to Kittehcoin (Block explorer, main website, forums, blog, etc) are going to be coming down unless a member of the community contacts me and is willing to take over this responsibility.

I am also going to be removing myself from the Kittehcoin github repository and would like the new community lead to take over that as well.

I will be ensuring the key sites continue to operate for the next 10 days, then I will let them expire naturally. Please email me dan@syscoin.org to workout a handoff- I don't want these boxes to just die but I can't keep hosting them.

To who ever takes over, don't change the consensus (algorithm, fundamentals, etc..)  Kittehcoin only needs marketing.  Anything else is just a gimmick that will offer nothing more than a short lived tiny boost in price.  

Also, danosphere.  You mind sending me the MEOW you have left? KPPjzVxr2RDmmXruamcMkJQQbuaYbzNeVt
Thank You for the work you did on getting it this far and good luck on Syscoin.

Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:40:56 AM

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

And so this shitcoin meets its natural end, as I predicted so long ago. Smiley
I wonder how many noobs have been scammed before the dump? It would be nice if some of them commented.
poncho32

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:41:47 AM

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

Is there a new community lead ?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 01:58:22 AM

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

To who ever takes over, don't change the consensus (algorithm, fundamentals, etc..)  Kittehcoin only needs marketing.  Anything else is just a gimmick that will offer nothing more than a short lived tiny boost in price.  

Also, danosphere.  You mind sending me the MEOW you have left? KPPjzVxr2RDmmXruamcMkJQQbuaYbzNeVt
Thank You for the work you did on getting it this far and good luck on Syscoin.

At the moment I hold no Kittehcoin at all, I don't even have the wallet installed anymore to be honest. I divested myself of it while it was still in the 15 satoshi range at a great loss (on a number of levels, least of which being financial). Thanks for the well wishes with Syscoin! Learning from what others had started with Kittehcoin is what led me to be so passionate about doing something new/different aka Syscoin!

And so this shitcoin meets its natural end, as I predicted so long ago. Smiley
I wonder how many noobs have been scammed before the dump? It would be nice if some of them commented.

This coin has been here for months waiting for any dev with the desire to take it wherever they please. Running a coin "for real" is hard. Few/none came. I need to clear my dashboard of the projects of old so I can focus on my primary projects. Kittehcoin isn't the only project of mine impacted by this decision to focus intently on a single project 100%. If anyone was scammed before the dump the team that tried to revive this coin was scammed as much as anyone else. You can see the price I sold most my coins for above, long long ago. Far less than the peak when the scammers/pumpers dumped, at 120satoshi. Yes, I was a bagholder.

Is there a new community lead ?

Bold and giant text my own. This is the big question, many have suggested they would take on this role, none have actually grabbed the reigns, asked for the keys to the boxes, etc. That is why I made the post I did. I am happy to take time to move things to new boxes, transition domain names etc- this includes all social properties such as twitter, reddit, facebook etc.

Will someone(s) in the community step up to take over? Or has kitteh run out of lives? I posted to allow time for a handoff and for Kitteh to live, but if no one cares anymore than just posting lies about petco, then this may go the way of the dodo.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:07:50 AM

So I'd be willing to take up a developer role. I'm currently on the DGB team as developer and am lead dev for cannabiscoin. I obviously won't be able to give kitteh 110% but I am willing to donate my time to get up some new tools for kitteh. With that being said I'm shit at PR and prefer to sit back and develop while someone else manages that community. If someone is willing to manage the community and 3rd party services (Exchanges & payment processors etc) then I'm more than happy to help out where I can.

If I get a couple of people willing to also offer their help then I will consider picking up the hosting off danosphere. I have my own servers so really only need the src for the website so I can move it to a server I own.

Be aware though that I am dedicated to other coins and updates probably wouldn't be as quick or as consistent as some of the community would like.

PM on here or add me on skype as "esotericizm." if you wish to discuss anything.

Regards,
Esotericizm
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:15:45 AM

bagholders with no coding skills need to do the marketing. Dev only needs to care for technicals (wallet, network security, updates), that's enough work for the dev(s) already i'd say.
majsta

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:56:04 AM

@danosphere tnx for clarification. All of the things you said is true and I agree with them.

I think that all of us interested should meet on irc to discuss what and how all of this should be done. We need to set a date. I said that I m ready to do whatever it takes to start things moving forward. Invest, do coding, add new features, start promoting or whatever.

Ibistru

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:28:39 PM

BTW, if any self-styled investor wants a prediction about the fate of the new coin, I will gladly provide a very accurate one for the nominal fee of 0.1 bitcoin. Smiley
catotune

Activity: 422

Meow

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 06:17:26 PM

I am willing to help with development as well as to host the block explorer. I am not (primarily) a C/C++ programmer, but I am willing to do what I can in that area, and I can help develop any supporting frameworks (I wrote the KittehCoin Balance app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.edrake.kittehcoinbalance). My time is limited, so I won't commit to taking over any lead coding roles, but I'd be glad to help.

Kitteh hasn't used all of its 9 lives yet!
veremit

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:10:16 AM

Just a quick update to say that Kitteh won't be going to the wall, and that Dano's moving on from the Kitteh project was anticipated when he took lead of the Syscoin project some while ago. Back then, we had discussions about transitioning the services he administered, and now these plans will be actioned. To the end user, you should see minimal, if any, disruption.

I'd like to welcome on board Esotericizm, who is going to tackle the lack of Android wallet, and complete the difficulty revisions I was unable to fully implement and test myself. Cryptobum remains on board in the background, and rodux will be contributing to media as fast as his job and other life commitments permit. I also hear he's been learning new skills, and I'm sure there will be some exciting developments to come from those, as he hones those new techniques! I'm only sorry I haven't been able to progress some of the wallet issues myself, but my work and personal life have both moved to 105% and I have to share the few hours free time per week much thinner than I ever have before - you just gotta eat and sleep sometimes! I think the same could be said for rodux .. our enthusiasm and passion haven't wavered, we just simply can't devote the precious hours to implement our plans and ideas as fast as we might like!

We are still lacking some publicity and marketing expertise and effort. If anyone would like to come forward, or knows anyone with a few hours to spare, please do come find us in IRC on Freenode (channel #kittehcoin). Although it may seem quiet, there are eyes and ears, and we will get back to you as soon as one of us is able - feel free to idle there. We still see many opportunities for Kitteh, especially in Eastern markets where the Neko and Kitteh emblems have additional cultural significance. These are totally untapped markets to date.

Kitteh won't be on the moon any time soon, but equally we are gonna stick around!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 01:00:06 AM

Just a quick update to say that Kitteh won't be going to the wall, and that Dano's moving on from the Kitteh project was anticipated when he took lead of the Syscoin project some while ago. Back then, we had discussions about transitioning the services he administered, and now these plans will be actioned. To the end user, you should see minimal, if any, disruption.

I'd like to welcome on board Esotericizm, who is going to tackle the lack of Android wallet, and complete the difficulty revisions I was unable to fully implement and test myself. Cryptobum remains on board in the background, and rodux will be contributing to media as fast as his job and other life commitments permit. I also hear he's been learning new skills, and I'm sure there will be some exciting developments to come from those, as he hones those new techniques! I'm only sorry I haven't been able to progress some of the wallet issues myself, but my work and personal life have both moved to 105% and I have to share the few hours free time per week much thinner than I ever have before - you just gotta eat and sleep sometimes! I think the same could be said for rodux .. our enthusiasm and passion haven't wavered, we just simply can't devote the precious hours to implement our plans and ideas as fast as we might like!

We are still lacking some publicity and marketing expertise and effort. If anyone would like to come forward, or knows anyone with a few hours to spare, please do come find us in IRC on Freenode (channel #kittehcoin). Although it may seem quiet, there are eyes and ears, and we will get back to you as soon as one of us is able - feel free to idle there. We still see many opportunities for Kitteh, especially in Eastern markets where the Neko and Kitteh emblems have additional cultural significance. These are totally untapped markets to date.

Kitteh won't be on the moon any time soon, but equally we are gonna stick around!

Just wanted to back this up and say it is all very true- talking with veremit and majsta and co. via email about setting up a date to transfer things over, this is just moving things (with as little service interruption as possible) - not the end!

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:08:54 AM

bagholders with no coding skills need to do the marketing. Dev only needs to care for technicals (wallet, network security, updates), that's enough work for the dev(s) already i'd say.

That's a good enough Roadmap for this rapidfire changing of the guard.

@catotune ... if you vouch to handle Dev 'lead' we will find you competent help to get the job done, just so long as you can speak and read POWscrypt ... sounds okay?

@esotericizm ... you can be 'lead2' 'more technical less talk' ... 'our smart guy'

@DanO
Yes ... someone(s) in the community step up to take over ... the community (plural).    The keys to the key sites ... who gets them good question ... Why don't you hold them in good faith with a planned hand over say MARCH 15th.  Or is there a person of greater esteem amongst us to act as the escrow? 

For right now .... present us with a bill of particulars and we will cover that expense for you before JAN 15th if not ASAP.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
catotune

Activity: 422

Meow

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 06:37:50 AM

That's a good enough Roadmap for this rapidfire changing of the guard.

@catotune ... if you vouch to handle Dev 'lead' we will find you competent help to get the job done, just so long as you can speak and read POWscrypt ... sounds okay?

@esotericizm ... you can be 'lead2' 'more technical less talk' ... 'our smart guy'

@DanO
Yes ... someone(s) in the community step up to take over ... the community (plural).    The keys to the key sites ... who gets them good question ... Why don't you hold them in good faith with a planned hand over say MARCH 15th.  Or is there a person of greater esteem amongst us to act as the escrow? 

For right now .... present us with a bill of particulars and we will cover that expense for you before JAN 15th if not ASAP.

It looks like things are under control, there is indeed a dev team, and that Dano is merely passing on the keys to the servers and infrastructure, so that he can work on Syscoin full time.

I was only offering any help I can give, because I thought too that the end was coming, but reading the last couple posts, it looks to me as if business is proceeding as usual!
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:53:21 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 09:15:12 AM by BitcoinNational

@catotune ... I say your on the Dev team toooo

Your first job is talk shop with the other devs and relay that back to the community.  Long term job is majority whip DEV keep things going and keep the nondevs (investors) informed.

@veremit
Newbie 22 post
Who are you and why are you in charge so suddenly?

@majsta
Can you speak on your back ground, and how much MEOW you hold/HODLz in the badtime.  
What are the results of the irc?  

@esotericizm
congrats happy to have some dev around with credentials!

@DanO
Update your pledge to pass (and to who) quickly if possible. please.

the plan of majsta
Code:
Here is the plan.
1. Creating multipool with support for every profitable algo.

Why?
a) There is enough MEOW on the exchanges
b) We will be able to mine it on lower consumption algo, so no need to change from scrypt to something else
c) There is enough sha256 miners, scrypt miners who are left unused because of huge diff of other coins, also X11, X13, n-scrypt support

Multipool will work like this. Mine most profitable coin sell it for BTC, convert to LTC then with LTC buy MEOW and send it to users MEOW wallet. Let's say that small miner can earn 1LTC per day, and let's say that we will have more than just one miner price will go up fast because this is the only LTC traded coin who will have multipool(correct me if I m wrong).

2. After price is stable and after those who participated have enough MEOW we will fork MEOW, reduce number of coins mined per block, then change the algo if needed to something even more better for GPUs than X11.

1. multipool (multipool project costs?)
1.5 >> keys to websites WHO?  (websites project costs?)
1.6>>  keys to CRYPTsY for fork WHO can pull that off?
2. fork MEOW, reduce reward
3. fork MEOW, change the algo (maybe)

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
LuNyTiX

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:15:10 AM

I'm here to help out, I run a newsgroup network that exists on facebook, I been watching this project for some time now.

www.bbsn.ca (Bulletin Board System Network) is a small newsgroup network that covers New Brunswick Canada but we have plans to expand into the rest of canada at a manageable pace. We are going to be expanding into reddit also /r/BBSN01001 is an example but we been swamped with just the fb groups. Also we will be focusing on IRC for each city. If someone can come up with some ways to integrate the use of these coins into my network I would be happy to lend a hand in this sense.

I explained this concept to one of the kittehcoin team members and was given 50 000 000 coins which I still have waiting in my wallet to be given out as tokens within my network when the time comes.

I want to get members into the idea of tipping each other to reward someone for a post with good content.

On another note I finally got my Kittehcoin wallet working, I never could until I created kittehcoin.conf with the notes , maybe its just me but it seems the client does not come with that conf file.

Ibistru

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:32:29 PM

Hello I am a bagholder, I have a huge number of kittehcoins and I am in deep loss at the moment, can we as a community organize a good marketing effort so that the pumps goes on and I will eventually be able to dump the coins to some other loser? Let me know your ideas! Smiley
majsta

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:26:41 PM

Regarding multipool it is possible for me to create it. It will take some time but question is how much this could be popular.
Just now I talked to coinking managers and they told me that it is possible to add MEOW there as a payment option for 1 BTC. I think that this is lot cheaper than it could cost me including my time and building services. Question is only why should people start mine on multipool? Some people here mentioned that is hard to mine scrypt with GPU, don't makes sense anymore but then again there are lot of small ASICS out there and I noticed only one on MEOW lately. I think that all of us should write some ideas. I would like also to think negative, worst case scenario on every thing we propose here.

Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: