Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide to BountyHunting!  (Read 796 times)
quanghoangduy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:08:16 PM

Hey buddy this is a great one. Thanks for sharing.  It is indeed a great experience. We hope to continually be at the right projects all the time

i'm a new bie, thank for your info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chathu789 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:38:56 PM

Hey buddy this is a great one. Thanks for sharing.  It is indeed a great experience. We hope to continually be at the right projects all the time

i'm a new bie, thank for your info
Please do not hesitate to ask anything.
Here is my second article on the same subject.

Being a bounty hunter is not an easy task. There are scams, failed projects everywhere. Bounty hunters has to be careful more than ever. As a bounty hunter myself I thought to share my experience with other bounty hunters in here. I will talk about my bounty experience and my opinion about certain bounty managers and certain bounty campaigns I got to work.

There are two very important things to consider when it comes to selecting a proper bounty campaign!

1)   Potential of the Project
2)   Bounty Manager

In this article I am going to focus on Potential of the Project and next article will be solely on bounty managers and my personal experience with them.

You are going to spend your time and money on this campaign, if it fails all the hard work you did is in vain. Therefore it is a must to do a proper background research on the ICO. There are few methods to get an idea about the project.

1) Referring an ICO Rating Site

You can refer to ICO rating websites as it is the most straightforward and easy way. These websites (Please refer to annex 1) rate the upcoming ICOs. But it may not 100% accurate, even the most experienced people do mistakes as well these sites too. And also many of these sites charge a fee to publish an ICO in there site. Money can slightly change the rating of a particular project.

My Experience #1 :
I started to participate in,
FTEC Bounty campaign (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3168899.0)
SkyFchain Bounty campaign (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2996537.0)
Inpactor Bounty campaign (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3286739.0 )
Eternal Trust Bounty campaign (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3137885 )

after observing their great ratings, (All three had given more than 4.5 out of 5 by the icobench.com). As all above three campaigns/ICOs are still ongoing I cannot say much about the reward yet. And as you can imagine I hope that these ICO rating sites are correct!

My Experience #2 :

After referring to ICObench.com I saw an ICO with 4.1 score out of 5 named,
Unibright (ICO site: https://unibright.io/ Bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2994777.0)

The project team looked good, they even had a partnership with mighty Microsoft. I participated for 2 weeks and got 79 tokens! Oh wait, You need the value from US dollars? Last time I checked those 79 tokens worth $4.47 !!!

My Experience #3 :

I participated in a bounty campaign called

RootBlock Chain (Bounty Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3016577.0-root)

for 9 weeks there were no ratings about the project in recognized ICO rating sites. As days go by I was the second largest stakes holder in the bounty campaign according to the bounty spreadsheet. And guess what, they cancelled the bounty program day before yesterday (16/062018)! They announce that they are going to refund the investors and for bounty hunters, they get nothing but the total disappointment and agony!

2) Going through the project whitepaper and Team members

If you have the technical skills and time the best thing is to go through the project whitepaper and identify the project’s pros and cons, which will give you a proper overview. And the project members are pretty important too as the final outcome almost depends on their hands! Do a little background search about the core members and look for their achievements. Team is the strength of a project!

My Experience #4:

I joined a Facebook bounty campaign named

UCHIT (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167782.0 )

and worked for more than 9 weeks. I did not check anything about their project nor team members. But it is revealed that all the photos of their team in the website (https://uchit.info/) [yes, I know their website looks pretty wonderful, but…]

This scam is revealed in here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4467813.5

3) Following a veteran

One of the very efficient way to find a great bounty campaign is this. I always gaze upon on that shiny badges and unbelievable merit count of those legendary members, hero members, Senior Members with amazement in my eyes! Then I look into their signature, if it represents an Altcoin ICO I do a quick research and find the bounty campaign and participate in it.

My Experience #5:

Recently I saw a legendary member with more than 1500 merits wearing a fancy signature said

Impressio (Bounty thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3350550.0 )

I decided to follow that bounty and I am hoping that legendary member is not wrong about the project!

(Actually this method is not preferred, but as newbies you may have to go to methods like that until you get proper knowledge and experience about the industry! )

PS: Always check the project’s social media activities, website maintenance, Special announcements in ANN thread, Telegram group and their interaction with the investors or bounty hunters. If you smell something fishy do not hesitate and send a message here! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1980983
I have many other information, but I will stop now. Feel free to ask anything, give any suggestions, give any corrections. I am more than happy to cooperate!
Cheers to all the hardworking bounty hunters out there!

Annex 1

Ceaco

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:56:32 PM

Just got in couple of Twitter and Facebook campaigns. Lasting for month or two, just checked list of participants..
Its over 3k hunters in each, so in two months ill get a piece of pool which is equal... $7 YEEEY!

Come on man, can't be that bad. I mean, maybe you got the bad ones. I have good feedback from friends who are doing this. What's your strategy in chosing them?
Dubska

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:58:21 PM

These is realy true bud and thanks for setting expectations to new members including me that we wont easily earn by bounty hunting.
bitchubitchu

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:02:39 AM

Thank you for the guidelines that you have shared to us,this will helps me a lot to be a better  bounty hunter and will not joined again a scam one.For the new members like me we have a hard time choosing our bounty to join with.
riyand

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:24:14 PM

all clearly visible here, but some members do not want to find a topic they prefer to ask with the same question from several treads
This tread is very helpful for a beginner in a bounty progam
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:23:37 PM

Also as I mentioned in a previous post, be aware of scammers, participants in your bounty might try to scam you. Someone tried it on me, they made the manager change my ethereum address by impersonating me. They had a google form to fill for complaints and someone changed my address. Thankfully I always check it at the end of the bounty, you should too, always check your addresses on the spreadsheet. You should add that to your guide.
This is a very useful tip. I have never thought about that kind of scam is possible . Unfortunately, wallet address is not always visible in the spreadsheet.
In some bounties it is in some bounties it is not visible . Any suggestions how can we check it in  case if it is not visible in the spreadsheet ?

YungCryptoHusla

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:49:46 PM

Thanks for the guide! I will definitely go through it to improve my knowledge of bounty hunting.
Chinedu157

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:23:47 AM

Thanks a lot for this piece of article .Now I have a change of mind set . I can now take my time to analyse a project
Inasal03

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:14:10 PM

Thank you for sharing and guide as like me im a newbie.
ericaltm

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:32:09 PM

Great post! Of course, everyone wants to just pick a solid project, but even solid projects sometimes fail. Therefore, to those reading this; do your DUE DILIGENCE!

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
IGP50

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:19:23 PM

Hunting for bounty takes hardworking and exploration. If you only want to be a hunter for bounty and get a legit one, you need to explore to more on social media. Most of the time, i do get my bounties from bountylord and some on bitcointalk forum.
Ryshelrayne

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:13:40 PM

Thanks for sharing. Been trying to start bount hunting also. I have joined a lot and i have been only successful on 1. By reading your post it gave me some idea on how to become a better hunter
miningnew

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:46:38 PM

Funny and interesting!
In some years (When you're rich!) you'll come back and read this with interest!  (« Dad, what's Facebook")
cryptoscion

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:43:21 PM

bounty hunting can be a good income for many... I belong to a very poor family and earn - just enough to survive.. Bounty HUnting has given me an opportunity to work hard, and earn some additional money ... May be one day when bitcoin price rises, and my token rises - I may become rich too ! May be
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:08:10 AM

Great write-up, quite interesting to know more about how to identify good hunting techniques and earn the best of tokens as much as possible.
haohuynh

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

Thanks for sharing. I am trying to join some bounty, but too much bounty for choose. Happy Bountyhunting!!
yazher

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:10:25 PM

I see myself on this topic, damn that first week as a bounty hunter gave me a hype everyday hoping that one day i will hit the jackpot, Guess what? from almost 40 bounties that I've joined only less than 10 project has gave me tokens other than that it ends up worthless... gonna join bounty hive next time..

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
KALANA1994

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:10:13 PM

I am also new to here and good to see an input like this, Good read mate!
Yhandukha

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:22:49 PM

thanks for sharing. it really helps me a lot.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: