Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:40:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide to BountyHunting!  (Read 796 times)
chadwicknomad

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:39:19 PM

Bounty Hunting is great ! and i liked your story as well..

i am wondering if poeple will leave their full time job to do bounty hunting ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:38:14 PM

Very nice guide for everybody. As the title content was followed by a very nice layout, I did not notice that the information in the title was quite descriptive and of good quality. If you continue this way, I think you will reach a better rank in the future.
JannelleGarcia

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:14:01 PM

This is a great article. Thank you so much for sharing you experience, failures and advice. So helpful!
Zulfiyan

Activity: 360
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:32:53 AM

Very agree woth yoir opinion. Thanks for your info, I will participan in Bounty. Did you have good Bounty? If yes let me know please. Thank you.
maytinhvinh

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:20:51 AM

Thanks for sharing.  It is indeed a great experience
Vaccaria

Activity: 39
Merit: 10

Newb trying to act cool

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:04:24 AM

I'm new to the world of cryptocurrency too, and have been interested to this concept/industry of bounty hunting. Thanks for the post, OP. It gives me an idea of what lays ahead if I choose to go into it!

Ponder in moderation.
FeverMore23

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 11:02:18 AM

Thank you very much for this tips and tricks. It helps a lot to me even though I already have experience in cryptocurrency. Thank you because it enlighten my knowledge regarding to be a bounty hunter. It gives me a lot of idea on what bounty campaign should I choose. It help me get away to those bounty which is scam and not reliable and fake. It really helps me a lot thankyou.
haohuynh

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:05:23 PM

I started to learn about cryptocurrencies in june this year .i did bounty to get more tokens. But i am tired now. My account(Twitter and Facebook) have been locked with no reason.
8andriz

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:11:56 PM

Oh wow, thank for share. Saved time for learn Bounty hunter  Cry  Cry  Cry
BitcoinRM

Activity: 139

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 12:45:35 AM

Very informative post. I am curious if campaign managers prefer Jr Members and Members?
RiotCats
Copper Member

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:24:37 AM

Thanks for the info! What do you think is the position (rank) of bounty manager important?

Blockchain-based game about restless cats in a post-apocalyptic world
riotcats.co
darkwiz1417

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:58:03 PM

Thanks for your infomative post hope to see more post from you !
matthew1981

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:41:08 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience sir, its really a big help for us as a newbie in crypto currency technology. Now, i have a guide and ideas in choosing a good bounty campaigns to participate.
gracejohnsonstar

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 04:35:39 PM

Great information man. This is superb... I equally used to think high of bountyhive but not since I read a post about their cheating activities and others. I will surely try to look up  the project ratings on ICO rating sites and try to check traffic too.
Belvis

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:40:59 PM

wow!!
big up man! big up for all these quality informations..
i m on my way on these bounty hunters path reading,reading and reading...
i m in the cryptocurrency world from a year only...but i vd only mined eth and trade a bit...
now i m tryng to get into this bounty wolrd Cheesy
cheers!
Rosaleen18

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 12:17:45 PM

Quick Recap of How I became a bountyhunter!

It was a Wednesday morning and I was at my University hostel room thinking about my studies (Whom am i kidding here, I was watching a movie!). One of my colleagues came to the room and said "I am giving you guys a party! Free sandwiches for everyone! "(Of course not in English, but in our local language! ) I was pretty amazed and asked him the reason behind that and he said that he did earn considerable amount of money by selling some tokens he earned by a bounty. That was the first time i heard about bitcoin/Altcoin bounties. Which engineering student is not broken in his early twenties? I was really animated by the idea and insisted him to tell me more about that. Rest is history and  I created my bitcointalk account at April 04, 2018 merely two months ago where I had absolutely zero knowledge on Blockchain technology, Bitcoins or Altcoins. "Now i can make money as much as i want" I whispered myself!

First Month as a bountyhunter

In the first week of my bountyhunting career all i did was dreaming about all the big money i am going to make! (Yeah I know!) I did not know about scams, cheating bounty managers, loopholes used by scammers. I started joining campaigns as much as possible, later i am going to give a quick recap on those! I joined around 20 facebook campaigns and about 10 twitter campaigns. Those bounty projects were advised to me by that "bounty Guru" I said earlier! I started sharing, tweeting posts and reporting, yes I was on my way to be the next youngest millionaire from our Island. Every time i saw that stakes have been marked in-front of my name in bounty spreadsheets i calculated the big bucks those gonna reward me. I dreamed to buy a Guitar for my girlfriend, a motorbike for myself and one sunday morning i saw the word "Scam" in one of my favorite bounty threads! Some people had started to accuse the project to be a scam. "That can not be a truth, they are so nice people with a big fancy project" I convinced myself. No, I was dead wrong!

Reality

After some researches reality hit me hard, a really low percentage of ICOs make it to the end and really low percentage of honest bounty managers out there! We must do a tedious background research as much as an investor does before participating in a project! There are scams everywhere, projects with no future everywhere!

Things to consider when selecting a bounty program

• Project : The project must be successful, otherwise end of the day those tokens given by the bounty program won't worth anything!

Imagine a scenario where you have tokens worth of a thousands of dollars according to the so called ICO but with no one to buy them. Those tokens will stay forever in your etherwallet forever without serving its master. Therefore selecting a good promising project is a must.To have a somewhat idea about a project You can do things like refering ICO ranking sites, looking for Crypto expert's advises, studying Market predictions, Going through the project whitepaper all by yourselves, checking the social media activities, checking the web traffic towards the site, looking in to team members' professional background and history etc. After having an idea about the project think whether you wanna spend your valuable time on this.

Example: UCHIT turns out to be a scam (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167782.0 ) (Website: https://uchit.info/)
    Rootblock Chain Announced that they are going to abandon the project. (Bounty Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3016577.0-root )

• Bounty Managers : It does not matter how great the project turns out be as long as your bounty manager decides not to pay you!

This is one of the most important thing and i hope to start another topic solely based on this part! I met some wonderful bounty managers in my short period in bitcointalk and I hope to talk about them in that topic.

The hype of Bountyhive and Bountyportal

Most of the bountyhunters prefer bounties released by bountive. There is a huge popularity for the bounties released by bountyhive and it can be seen that it only takes one or two hours to hit the full participation limit after the release. Since both bountyhive, bountyportal (and there are other bounty hosting platforms such as bounty0x, bountylord)
    are fully automated the hunters do not need to go through the trouble of compiling reports at end of of each month.
    N:B:
    Popularity does not mean success (at least in this occasion), even in bountyhive there were (and i am pretty sure, there will be) failed projects which gave nothing but agony and disappointment to the hunters even in bountyhive!
    Loandex (Bountyportal), Digitize Coin (Bountyhive) are some of my personal experiences for failed projects in these automated platforms.

Then what?

Yes facebook and Twitter campaigns are okay, but with the huge number of participation the reward is getiing lower and lower. This is the best time to move and observe other bounty categories like content creation and signature. With the low number of participation the stake always will be bigger with more innovative and creative content. Try that for a difference!

Oh Snap!

To be eligible for Signature campaigns your rank must be greater than a newbie. You need merits as well as activity count for going up in the ranking ladder. As a Jr. Member I have not been accepted yet to a signature campaign and I hope to rank up and wear those shiny badges under my name soon. Best of luck to you too!

Finally....

I hope my little knowledge in the field may able to shed some light on the fellow newbies and I respectfully invite all the members of the forum to enlighten us more and correct me if i am wrong in some manner!
    And if you guys have any suggestions or problems please enter here and i am more than happy to answer those !

Happy Bountyhunting!!
    CHEERS!!  

[/list]
    Its a nice story, thank you sir for sharing your story about bounty hunting. It really helps me a lot and it guide me in choosing good bounty.
    Dulhara githmanthi

Activity: 70

View Profile
    August 06, 2018, 03:26:08 PM

Chathu? are you from Sri Lanka? That is very important and post and very interesting to read. Had a good experience from your story. Thanks again to share your experience with us.
    ahdie12

Activity: 30

View Profile
    August 06, 2018, 03:53:59 PM

Thanks for the useful information, I do not even know where to start. So lucky for me!
    anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
    Merit: 12

View Profile
    August 06, 2018, 11:56:47 PM

This was a nice article for the guys like within our forum level. Appreciate it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
    Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
    none of us
    Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
    August 07, 2018, 02:27:35 AM

thank you for your contribution. with your good contribution and a few others i've learned a lot about bounty campaigns so far (and about crpyto).
    Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: