Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:06:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are bounty rewards distributed with tokens?  (Read 282 times)
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:21:23 PM

I know that most of us are working on most signature campaigns. We are dealing with this for weeks or even months. but since the project was not able to make a soft cap, nothing can pass. investments of investors are being returned but what are our efforts? I think projects that cannot do some soft cap are paying a minimum of Eth for those who participate in bounty programs.

Bounty program is meant to promote the project as well as increase the market place supply apart from investors this is one of the move for the tokens to go bigger in marketplace circulation dude.
Then if they pay us in btc or eth you will be benefited in payment but they are not. That's the problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:47:24 PM

I know that most of us are working on most signature campaigns. We are dealing with this for weeks or even months. but since the project was not able to make a soft cap, nothing can pass. investments of investors are being returned but what are our efforts? I think projects that cannot do some soft cap are paying a minimum of Eth for those who participate in bounty programs.

I really don't think you can complain, if you're doing a bounty signature you're basically getting paid for posting on a forum. I've had some campagnes not succeed that I did translations for and it sucks when the time you put in doesn't pay off, but I really don't think this is a demanding job and that bounty hunters should get any type of compensation if the ICO doesn't meet the goals. I personally would not demand any compensation, nor do I expect one, nor would I compensate bounty hunters if I was running the ICO myself. Actually the campagnes that do succeed often pay pretty well and sometimes that pay also compensates for time invested in failed projects. I really see no reason why a bounty hunter should be compensated when an ICO doesn't perform. And even then, you know what you're getting into and should expect some of your bounties to fail.

godfredmanu

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:51:22 PM

The projects collect funds to enable its to deal with infrastructures and development of the project. In return, they issue tokens as a form of IOU. If the project decide to pay in Ether collected other than the tokens, it will be risky and costive for them. Also, they give out tokens to enable the bounty hunters to promote the project by using the services it is meant for.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
gabchuks
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:52:35 PM

You just said your mind, but it will not change the fact that this will keep repeating itself over and over again. You really don't expect a project who is at lost to pay you, not to talk of all bounty participants
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:56:09 PM

Agree This is the correct solution for the problem. I saw that the Amazix team had even correctly introduced that regardless of the raised money, everyone would get their earned coins.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:06:44 PM

there is a suggestion instead of paying tokens as bounty rewards they can pay us in etherum as bounty rewards hopefully it will be implemented soon
nitrinto

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:09:50 PM

I believe that companies are not profitable to pay in other coins. so they pay in their tokens.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 09:15:28 PM

Apart from risks, that have already been dicsussed here, there's one more reason: they need trading volume when they enter their first exchange. If all of the investors just hold their tokens, there will be no volume and a token will not be able to list neither on any of major exchanges nor on CMC. And even though bounty hunters are always blamed in immediate selling and dumping the price, projects need it to have some volumes.

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:17:23 PM

I feel you OP, it's true that in such scenario lots of hunters work goes unpaid, but this is the risk of doing bounty for a project which won't raise enough funds. I mean there are a lot of solid and hyped projects with low hardcaps, that are almost sure bet they reach it. Also you have signature campaign paid in BTC or ETH weekly, so you don't have to worry about any tokens. To each of his own.
That's why nowadays it seems a little bit popular to do a bounty campaign that pays you in tokens and Bitcoin at a time , to make people become more excited, as you might now Bitcoin payment are a guaranteed one rather than a failed project causing the tokens worth nothing.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

Presently, ICO owners or teams are not under any obligation to pay bounty hunters despite the project not succeeding. I think it is until we have regulatory body guiding bounty, before our opinion can be heard.
Although, i would say it is good that despite what happens to the project, bounty hunters should be paid for their effort.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:20:48 PM

If you're worried if your efforts are going to be null when the project isn't able to reach the soft cap.

Then this is the other side of joining ICO bounties, you have to take the risk if they fail you're open with the possibilities that you're not going to get paid.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:36:24 PM

This is a risk that we all take. We see some strong ICOs provide their bounty payments using fixed BTC may also have a fixed number of participants. Otherwise most of the ICOs payment is basically their tokens to create a trading volume on various exchanges so that the liquidity of tokens give their investors the mental boost. This way their community can grow. I'd suggest to look out for those signature campaigns or other bounty campaigns which issue a fixed amount of tokens from their total supply as they give assurance to yourself that even if the project doesn't hit hard cap, your efforts won't be a waste. Bounty program that uses escrow is even better.

laskybok

Activity: 315
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:33:14 PM

One thing i have noticed about ICO when they eventually get listed on exchange is that, bounty hunters that are paid tokens also help to increase the volume traded and will help to create more awareness for the project. So, it is not just about paying for bounty hunter's services for promoting the project, but also for helping in the growth of the project after listing. That is why developers will not stop bounty hunters from dumping.
omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:03:26 PM

Just because it is the easiest method of payment. Of course the best payment for bounty participants is a fixed payment in usd and it is possible in case if you are a famous person and you are able to get personal offer which are conform your requiriments but if you are a typical participant you cannot get a personal offer because there are a lot of others who agrees to participate with a typical offer.   

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:04:04 PM

One thing i have noticed about ICO when they eventually get listed on exchange is that, bounty hunters that are paid tokens also help to increase the volume traded and will help to create more awareness for the project. So, it is not just about paying for bounty hunter's services for promoting the project, but also for helping in the growth of the project after listing. That is why developers will not stop bounty hunters from dumping.
Yes.ICOs are promoting their own projects through the help of bounty hunters.So if the bounty will come to an end,most ICOs prefer their own tokens to be paid to bounty hunters for a more promotion and for that,they will surely benefit from it.With this,through paying with their own tokens,a particular project will be more exposed and will surely grow depending on the value of their tokens being given.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:45:48 PM

there is a suggestion instead of paying tokens as bounty rewards they can pay us in etherum as bounty rewards hopefully it will be implemented soon
There is a reason they are making payments with tokens, as they require eth to make the project running. At the same time they want many of their token owners to try their project, increase the daily volume at the trading place despite the massive sale happening. But it all depends on their plan.
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:52:54 PM

We choose the bounty campaign ourselves. We analyze the project in which we want to participate. Do not shift the blame on anyone else. Just need to learn to define a good project.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:02:55 PM

I think most of us that have participated in bounty campaigns have felt the brunt of a failed ICO. All that work and nothing to show for it, but that is sadly the risk of joining these bounties. Research is needed to pick good ones and hope they meet the softcap

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: