Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:39:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
sgsdebruijn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:48:53 PM

If you can not mis 0.01BTC more/less for 23 hours  Shocked Roll Eyes
Good decision payment once a day, would be nice if the payments are at the same time to see the profability/day

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zcvetkov

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:39:26 PM

Im getting too much rejected percentage
before 60 min - 5% rejected
before 50 min - 20% rejected
before 40 min - 0% rejected
before 30 min - 28% rejected
before 20 min - 13.3% rejected
before 10 min - 8.9% rejected

I have Sapphire R9 290 tri-x

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe --verbose --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333 -u xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -p x --thread-concurrency 20481 -I 20 -g 1 -w 256 --gpu-fan 50 --temp-overheat 85 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1350

please give me some suggestions

thanks 
jpchrist

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:42:41 PM

before 60 min - 5% rejected
before 50 min - 20% rejected
before 40 min - 0% rejected
before 30 min - 28% rejected
before 20 min - 13.3% rejected
before 10 min - 8.9% rejected

I have Sapphire R9 290 tri-x

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe --verbose --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333 -u xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -p x --thread-concurrency 20481 -I 20 -g 1 -w 256 --gpu-fan 50 --temp-overheat 85 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1350

thanks 

Lower intensity man! -I 13
Kalroth

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:43:58 PM

Compare your rejected percentage with the rest of the pool (the blue line in the reject graph).
You're not alone in seeing high rejects at the moment.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:49:03 PM

<snip>

thanks 
Try a pool like WafflePool that uses much more reasonable reject criteria.  CleverMining inflates their profitability numbers by rejecting a good portions of shares.
Burnie

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:53:24 PM

All three of my rigs are doing this now as well. Different locations, different setups, all <6 months old. Probably started doing this maybe with in the last week.

Exactly same here. When I was mining in the US server all was well. This started happening about a week ago when the EU server opened. Never had these problems before when I was at the US server (now I have them here too).

Power is not an issue. I have a kill-a-watt and all is well. Also, I have the PCs (4 of them) on a 25 Amp circuit (220V) which can support up to 5500W (My rigs use around 2000 Watts).

I can confirm seeing the same here - on the eu server.
Most of the time I have seen this, the cudaminer reports "GPU #0    12345678 hashes    200kh/s"
Then the miner seems to have no work for 5-60 seconds - GPU usage is 0%
It only becomes active again after "Stratum detected new block" is received.

No connection timeout or accepted/rejected is reported in this "pause".
99turbine66

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:14:33 PM

So, let's take a step back...

If you add up the hash rate of middlecoin, wafflepool and clevermining, that's about 60 Gh/s give or take the odd 5. There's other coin switching pools with or without direct BTC conversion and I'm sure some of them are significant, but hey-ho, you get my drift.

On the other hand, we have litecoin and dogecoin which might be around the 200 Gh/s mark. *Crucially*, everything else feathercoin, worldcoin et. al are down at the 5Gh/s or so level.

So, here we all are. Moaning about the BTC/Mh/Day. Haven't we caused the problem. Collectively?

The profits are down because several of coin switching algorithms are all doing similar things (see poolpicker for FACTUAL evidence), the OPs can't create profit because the profit isn't there. The profit isn't there because (a) the pools are too big to hit the small coins and therefore (b) there's a requirement to convert whatever there is to BTC - and that requires someone to actually want piles of crapcoins nobody wants. Am I missing something here ?

I can imagine that people with 100's of BTC from the early days want to diversify, which drove things for a while.  but there has to be a limit doesn't there ??

It is noticeable that H20 has been carrying 200 BTC of uselessness for ages on middlecoin - so even his back door trades have dried up. We are lucky, we have an organised and transparent OP, but the guy can't create money out of nothing. If there is no demand not much we can do...

Or...Is it all down to thousands of gridseeds coming online ? The litecoin hashrate keeps going up and I can't believe it's all down to AMD selling loads of 290s..

So what do you think ? Is the current profitablity just a blip, or have the big coin switching pools simply forced us to accept what we all know. CrapCoins are crap Huh

I've been thinking about this very same thing since I started multimining. Multimining doesn't seem like a sustainable model because it introduces large and great fluctuations into altcoin markets, quickly raising the difficulties on these then abandoning them. I would imagine people that who actually want to be holders of the various altcoins may abandon them because their value is horribly unstable.

Doesn't this mean that multimining is creating lots of bubbles?

Can anyone give a rationale as to why multimining doesn't essentially hurt itself?
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:26:20 PM

Hi all Smiley
Why in this days profitability is always under 0.01 ?
http://poolpicker.eu/text.php
We have 0.00666300, 0.00821000 and so on..
It's for some days or can be for more and more days? Forever?? (noooo)
TIA  Cool

Because there aren't coins at a rate of over 0.01...
http://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/litecoin
PCMiner

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:28:23 PM

If you add up the hash rate of middlecoin, wafflepool and clevermining, that's about 60 Gh/s give or take the odd 5. There's other coin switching pools with or without direct BTC conversion and I'm sure some of them are significant, but hey-ho, you get my drift.

On the other hand, we have litecoin and dogecoin which might be around the 200 Gh/s mark. *Crucially*, everything else feathercoin, worldcoin et. al are down at the 5Gh/s or so level.

So, here we all are. Moaning about the BTC/Mh/Day. Haven't we caused the problem. Collectively?

The profits are down because several of coin switching algorithms are all doing similar things (see poolpicker for FACTUAL evidence), the OPs can't create profit because the profit isn't there. The profit isn't there because (a) the pools are too big to hit the small coins and therefore (b) there's a requirement to convert whatever there is to BTC - and that requires someone to actually want piles of crapcoins nobody wants. Am I missing something here ?

I can imagine that people with 100's of BTC from the early days want to diversify, which drove things for a while.  but there has to be a limit doesn't there ??

It is noticeable that H20 has been carrying 200 BTC of uselessness for ages on middlecoin - so even his back door trades have dried up. We are lucky, we have an organised and transparent OP, but the guy can't create money out of nothing. If there is no demand not much we can do...

Or...Is it all down to thousands of gridseeds coming online ? The litecoin hashrate keeps going up and I can't believe it's all down to AMD selling loads of 290s..

So what do you think ? Is the current profitablity just a blip, or have the big coin switching pools simply forced us to accept what we all know. CrapCoins are crap Huh

This is dead on.  Multipool mining enjoyed a very short window of life, but was/is so successful that it's going to kill itself.  Evidence?
60Gh pointed on and off on LTC the last few days made for a huge increase.  Sure enough as soon as the difficulty skyrocketed the multi pools dropped off and there is a 20% drop expected next change.  If the multi pool market does die, LTC is will get hard as hell to mine.  60GH would add around 60% more hash to the total network, and the Dif will skyrocket.  All these crap coins can't handle going from 60Gh to 5megahash in seconds.  Multipool kills coins.

Crap coins are crap, everyone knows it, but crypto seems to have this massive "emperor has new clothes" effect.  Everyone wants in on crapcoins early, so they can pump and dump to BTC.  Who really is going to want to use Ketteh coins?  BTC (and hopefully LTC) will survive, just because of the market forces behind them. (And maybe Doge, but honestly, it started as a joke, and you can candy coat it all you want, but it's still a joke.)

inedenimadam

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:42:49 PM

Is it just me or are the disconects getting progressively more frequent.   Undecided
Criminal

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:50:57 PM

This is dead on.  Multipool mining enjoyed a very short window of life, but was/is so successful that it's going to kill itself.  Evidence?
60Gh pointed on and off on LTC the last few days made for a huge increase.  Sure enough as soon as the difficulty skyrocketed the multi pools dropped off and there is a 20% drop expected next change.  If the multi pool market does die, LTC is will get hard as hell to mine.  60GH would add around 60% more hash to the total network, and the Dif will skyrocket.  All these crap coins can't handle going from 60Gh to 5megahash in seconds.  Multipool kills coins.

Crap coins are crap, everyone knows it, but crypto seems to have this massive "emperor has new clothes" effect.  Everyone wants in on crapcoins early, so they can pump and dump to BTC.  Who really is going to want to use Ketteh coins?  BTC (and hopefully LTC) will survive, just because of the market forces behind them. (And maybe Doge, but honestly, it started as a joke, and you can candy coat it all you want, but it's still a joke.)

This has really been on my mind quite a bit recently as it really feels as if we are shooting ourselves in the foot! I don't know what the solution is though and what we need to watch for to establish wether or not profits will ever increase again.
It's already getting VERY close (few less BTC/Mh/Day) will mean power consumption vs. BTC earned will make this unprofitable and I really wonder if we will ever see an increase or if we are in the last vestiges of mining...
I sure hope not! Please someone give us hope lol.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:02:28 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 11:16:18 PM by kalus

Doesn't this mean that multimining is creating lots of bubbles?
switching, auto-exchange pools don't create the bubbles, speculators do.  

the selected currency needs to be profitable in order to mine:  clevermining doesn't just start mining an unprofitable coin and hope it goes up in price.  the price v. difficulty has to be favourable.  this doesn't happen unless speculators are actively pumping the coin's value up.

during a manipulation, the coin's value will increase faster than the network hashrate can protect it.  when an auto-switch pool starts mining, the problem has already been created by the speculators engaging in a pump/dump scheme.  It's the speculator's fault for pumping the coin's value, because this must happen first before an auto-switch pool starts mining the coin.

Multimining doesn't seem like a sustainable model because it introduces large and great fluctuations into altcoin markets, quickly raising the difficulties on these then abandoning them.
this is a better criticism of the entire altcoin market being unsustainable than mining.  

Can anyone give a rationale as to why multimining doesn't essentially hurt itself?
I don't think miners hurt themselves by mining.  

miners produce currency.  they are actually exchanging the currency they made for the value they're extracting from the coin.  more currency = more liquidity.  there is reciprocity in a currency/mining relationship.

in contrast, speculators produce nothing of value:  they're just manipulating the price to make profit for themselves.  currency/speculator relationship is zero-sum, and usually the speculator wins at the expense of the currency.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Kifissia

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:17:22 PM

All three of my rigs are doing this now as well. Different locations, different setups, all <6 months old. Probably started doing this maybe with in the last week.

Exactly same here. When I was mining in the US server all was well. This started happening about a week ago when the EU server opened. Never had these problems before when I was at the US server (now I have them here too).

Power is not an issue. I have a kill-a-watt and all is well. Also, I have the PCs (4 of them) on a 25 Amp circuit (220V) which can support up to 5500W (My rigs use around 2000 Watts).

Most of the time I have seen this, the cudaminer reports "GPU #0    12345678 hashes    200kh/s"

Aha, then so far, three of us have the same problem. Perhaps others havent noticed this yet.
rahrahrah

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:18:43 PM

This has really been on my mind quite a bit recently as it really feels as if we are shooting ourselves in the foot! I don't know what the solution is though and what we need to watch for to establish wether or not profits will ever increase again.
It's already getting VERY close (few less BTC/Mh/Day) will mean power consumption vs. BTC earned will make this unprofitable and I really wonder if we will ever see an increase or if we are in the last vestiges of mining...
I sure hope not! Please someone give us hope lol.

Keep the faith. People were mining LTC for $2/day profit last summer (I guess at 1MH/s). It paid off...

VTC: VxNWL9jDRvEcCT48vqQkLxckREUafYowVu
SMC: SYLjkCM63iJyYpoz14dJcq27tEfw6r9w6m
PCMiner

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:33:40 PM

I think what we are kind of getting at is that crap coins are in a slow decline, (the market was just flooded for the last 6-7 months) and people are starting to wake up and realize this.  Hence there isn't as much demand for them anymore as the the whole crypto market is cooling.   It's no big deal really, we've seen this before, but it's happening.  Take last year.  Big run up starting around now, culminating with BTC topping out at the insane $200+ level for a few days.  People went crazy, and then it burst, and settled down around around 50% of it's peak ($100-$150) for awhile.  It SLOOOOOOOOWLY crawled up until late Sept-early Oct and then bubble 2 started (at least, bubble 2 of 2013).  Blew up, popped, and settled in around 50% of what it peaked at again, this time to around $550-$650.  The second bubble really was in the media, and people hopped on in droves to get in on this Alt coin bandwagon, hoping for the next BTC.  It's been about 3-4 months, no one is getting rich, people who aren't really "in it" are backing out.  There is consolidation in the market on the coins that actually hold promise.  Like it or not, Multi-pool mining is helping this consolidation, by killing off the coins no one really wants.  The only value in 90% of the crap coins created is false hope, pumped by speculators looking to take advantage of idiots.

The less idiots out there, the less value in crap coins.  Less value in crap, less point in multi-mining.

BTC Bubble spring 2013  -> Value up times ten, settles at around 50% of max.   Bubble late 2013, Value up times ten of previous bubble "settle price", but bubble pops again and settles at 50% of the max, ($1,250 down to around $650.)

Based on unscientific math and speculation using the previous bubbles as trends: The next bubble will be in Aug-sept.  BTC will top out between $5,000-$7,000 but will fall down to around $2,500-$3,000 and settle there until the next bubble around 9 months later.  Rinse, repeat. (hopefully).
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:36:52 PM

If there's anything the world has an endless supply of, it's idiots.

We may be in a slump, but there's a sucker born every minute... So the market for brand new coin-of-the-week (read CRAP) will bounce back.

PCMiner

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:40:38 PM

If there's anything the world has an endless supply of, it's idiots.

We may be in a slump, but there's a sucker born every minute... So the market for brand new coin-of-the-week (read CRAP) will bounce back.

The market will always exist, I just suspect newer coins will flame out faster, and they won't last.   This time next year there will only be a handful remaining from now, and all new ones will be based on different algorithms as multi-pool will kill script coins. (as the alt-SHA market is nearly dead thanks to ASICS).
Burnie

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:17:36 AM

Aha, then so far, three of us have the same problem. Perhaps others havent noticed this yet.

I also notice a few "Stratum connection timed out". It could be related.
Maybe the shorter periods also are "lost connections", but shorter than the miners "timeout" value?
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:37:01 AM

Like it or not, Multi-pool mining is helping this consolidation, by killing off the coins no one really wants.  The only value in 90% of the crap coins created is false hope, pumped by speculators looking to take advantage of idiots.
This, exactly this, and lots of it.

Scamcoins are (IMHO) unhealthy for cryptocurrencies, and it takes the entire market to force them to where they should be (zero) by selling as soon as they are mined. These multipools are simply exploiting the imbalance on too-high-priced altcoins and forcing them down to a level where they're at more on par to their actual demand. *IF* there is another coin (perhaps some scrypt-jane or variant) that deserves to take a place on the real stage, then it should survive the multipool process. Using multipools helps with the process.

Now, if there was only a way to mine scrypt AND scrypt-jane (etc.) in a single pool... THAT would be very interesting to me.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
xdmlaser

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:57:30 AM

Is it just me or are the disconects getting progressively more frequent.   Undecided

It's ALOT worse, every time I check workers they are all struggling....I'M OUT OF THIS B!TCH
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: