Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:56:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how you will tell if the Campaign is scam ?  (Read 285 times)
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:22:53 PM

I always notice some members in this forum always asking on how you will tell if the Campaign is a scam so i wrote some things you need to check before entering some campaign

First the idea of the project

If the project is called upon to solve some real problem and has no analogues yet, then it is worth attention.
If the problem is "imaginable", then boldly pass by.

Second Duration of the bounty campaign.

The longer the bounty lasts - the greater the chances that, at the end of it, you will lose a lot of time without receiving any profit, which could be insulting after 2-3 months of work. Also a bad sign when the end of campaign is constantly postpones.

Third Duration Soft-cap

Why is this factor so important? If the project does not collect this soft-cap, which is nothing less than the minimum required amount for the implementation to the project - you will get hole from donuts . You can track of the official web-site how many company has already collected.

Fourth Duration Website quality

If the site is poorly made, many bugs in the interface, poor graphics, then either it is made for illusion, or team has not normal programmers. Both options, of course, are not a good sign.

Happy Hunt.

Very good observation and I really like the last one. I’m a developer a developer myself and when it comes to poor website making, I have the advantage on looking for one. A real ICO can afford a developer that will please investors. So most likely if the website is poor, it’s a potential scam ICO. Good point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:43:44 PM

The best indicator I use to check if the project has been able to raise some funds through private sales or meet part of the soft cap. In such an instance, you can figure out the project won't fail or postpone.
mazesta

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:51:50 PM

Second Duration of the bounty campaign.

The longer the bounty lasts - the greater the chances that, at the end of it, you will lose a lot of time without receiving any profit, which could be insulting after 2-3 months of work. Also a bad sign when the end of campaign is constantly postpones.

May I ask ?
why is your old Bounty Program not good or Scam?
babyaia

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:04:23 PM

It is helpful for the new bounty hunters like me,the best way to know is that research about the project this is what the majority suggested and it is proven right because I already did it and turns out successful.
Armaden

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:40:36 PM

For me, when I do my own research for each bounty campaign, I make a criteria

1. Team should be visible and transparent.
2. Team should have passed KYC on ICO review sites like ICOBench.
3. Website should be of High Quality.
4. Grammar on content on website should be perfect.
5. Social media posts should be updated at least once every 3 days.
6. A video or picture of team members present in conferences, roadshows etc.
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:22:58 AM

If I may add, I also check the credibility of the bounty manager.

I think a good bounty manager will examine the bounty campaign prior having any business with it.  The higher the trust rating of that bounty manager, the higher that chance that the bounty campaign is not a scam.

arumslee

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 12:26:00 AM

Does anybody else have any tips to look for bounties that aren't scams?
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:31:29 AM

First try to read thier white paper, second is thier website , i always look for the campaign that shows the real time status of thier ongoing ico and not hiding it.  The last one is how active thier team members to answer every queries on thier telegram group.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: