Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:55:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Punishment for ICO for being scammed.  (Read 881 times)
Early_Waffle

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:42:19 AM

We have to admit that in this respect we are absolutely helpless. Even the most successful investors have already accepted this, they realized that it is necessary to carry out a thorough assessment and analysis on the market independently.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:29:47 PM

Regulations for ICOs are needed worldwide as it is impossible always to detect the scams Yourself even if You make Your own research.
Investors founds must be protected somehow as it has no sense what is happening nowadays .

a regulation of the ico would be good, but certainly very difficult to implement. many countries have different laws and it will be difficult to regulate everything icos. but even if icos are regulated, cheaters will always look for and find a way to make money with it.
marcenzofing

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:56:55 PM

There is no authority that could hold up justice inorder to penalize those who are stableshing fake or scam ICO.
werumkeq

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:03:59 AM

Know individuals running ico by checking their linkedin profile. Check their site if it's genuine. These are only a portion of the focuses we have to check before contributing. it's extremely difficult to tell which one is a trick or not. The best way to guarantee you won't get misled is if checking input from individuals
piaomar

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:56:25 AM

if there are any bodies of law certainly it would be very helpful because it can reduce the scam ico. we know that the scam ico is very detrimental to investors and bounty hunter. we should be able to choose a good ico to avoid the scam ico by looking at the whitepapers and the teams that handle.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
WonderGlue

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:29:07 PM

Let's be clear, ICOs on rare occasions are plain deceitful or fishy project,  It's my view that the certain problem frequently is usually one awful business conception from the beginning.
Valay9836

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:47:52 PM

At this stage it is impossible . but over time will decide this question . But now only deep Analytics will help to reduce risks
gemnuryu

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:32:30 PM

I can state that not the majority of the ico's at first were trick, some of them simply don't accumulate enough cash to accomplish their objectives and we ought not censure them, since it isn't in their obligation circle.
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:40:08 PM

Is there any posible way to filter who are going to make an ICO to be able to know if there are scam or not? And is there any bodies of law that would be able to punish them once they turn into scam. And what punishment should be given upon committing such the crime?

I am also agree that some ICO who were turned to be scammed will be punished by the law and also its a good option that there is a punishment for it so people will easily be aware where to invest and its a good move for those legit ICO's because they get less competitors as well .
amitkumratra

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:27:47 PM

Currently there is no system, by which we know that the particular ICO is good or bad.
And also at current situation there is no rules & regulations for ICOs, that's why they played with the emotions of investors or bounty hunters and scammed these people. 
I think there is a compulsory need of regulatory body to control ICOs because if any ICO being scam people, then there should be take legal action against them and also gave punishment of life imprisonment to these types of people by regulatory body. So that no one can think to cheat or scam people in the future.
Nagibator007

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:33:35 PM

I think that as for any mechanicheskiy scheme,and especially as Negros and and very strong,as people spend years desyateletiya life to zarabotat money and invest in some project,and live well,and when these Scum throw people,they steal their lives,part of lives spent on the accumulation of money,so the punishment should be sootvetsvenno,according to the law of Karma
christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:36:01 PM

Right now I don't think there is any punishment for scam ICO since it decentralized and also most of the ICO are not regulated... The major reasons why there won't be punishment for them is that it not been control by the government.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:39:05 PM

Is there any posible way to filter who are going to make an ICO to be able to know if there are scam or not? And is there any bodies of law that would be able to punish them once they turn into scam. And what punishment should be given upon committing such the crime?

I am also agree that some ICO who were turned to be scammed will be punished by the law and also its a good option that there is a punishment for it so people will easily be aware where to invest and its a good move for those legit ICO's because they get less competitors as well .
Yeah it's good to have that as an extra protections for investors the problem is crypto is not centralized that's why its really easy for scammers to
play with investors, they can quickly put up scam ico's allowing people to believe but it turned to scamming investors money without a trace, hope
there's a way tracking them and give them appropriate punishment.
@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:45:16 PM

Crypto is decentralised and government have not really gotten hold of it that's why they always warn their citizen. Currently, most countries don't regulation yet except out right ban. Thats why ICO that are reviewed by ICO review sites tends to be more legit because the team are already well know, they wouldn't want to scam

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:02:51 PM

The Crypto currency is decentralized and is not controlled or regulated. It is extremely difficult to attract fraudsters to accountability. I believe that those who conduct the ICO need to go through special verification with further criminal responsibility.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:30:59 PM

There is no punishment for ICOs that end up being scam as far as I know, what I see here is that we need to try to prevent this, then on this platform we have people calling projects out once there is a suspicion of foul play somewhere, but that has reduced significantly recently. For me prevention is better than cure

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:43:49 PM

Right now I don't think there is any punishment for scam ICO since it decentralized and also most of the ICO are not regulated... The major reasons why there won't be punishment for them is that it not been control by the government.

In my opinion, governments should recognize cryptocurrency, and then they should consider ICOs as startups and make ICO rules, otherwise investors will be more at risk than making money from ICOs.
udana123

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 07:49:31 PM

According to my personal opinion, there should be an authority or some code of ethics in the crypto industry also. Its true that this is a decentralized platform but still there could be a 3rd party body which can be used for ICO regulations. Like if an ICO is verified through that party, the trustworthy is guaranteed kind of procedure. Anyway Keeping that body independent is a very tough task
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

the emergence of the ICO cannot be stopped. even though it was a scam but also difficult to predict. ICO scam can only be reported and given notice of such action and for that, the ICO will not be known and will not be able to be punished.

Cipoly

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:03:47 AM

There is no administering in that field. ICO is continually flying up without anybody having the capacity to control even from various nations. regions of law taking care of it likewise don't know without a doubt in light of the fact that the ICO itself laden with vulnerability and they didn't try to deal with that kind of thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: