Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:13:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: block erupter blades still worth it?  (Read 1402 times)
Peep5879 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:31:08 AM

I've seen people selling block erupter blades, version 2 on ebay for around 150 usd.. The question is, are they still worth it at round 15usd per gigahash?  Someone please help me out on this. Still deciding on buying some block erupter blades on eBay or purchasing some gigahashes on cex.io. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:33:04 PM

At $15/GH you are cutting it close now.  Depends on your electrical cost.
somenormalguy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:23:18 AM

You could always mine with it and resell it on ebay later, that's what I did with my BFL singles   Grin
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:09:30 PM

The Novel being? Well, If you are not so sure, May be a good option.

However, Mining is a time-tight business. I prefer to use contract for a basic start, then add more equipment.
Skaterdiejosh

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 09:14:52 PM

I just sold all mine for 150$ each or more and made back over 2500$ of my original investment. I also sold backplanes and powersupplies. I still have 3 blades left and few backpkanes/pwr supplies still for sale so I might make another 500$ back for a total gain of about 3000$. FYI I also mined a little over 4 bitcoins mining befor Sale on ebay. Really, I would of lost money if I wouldn't of sold them when I did. Im going to buy more newer version miners and resale in the same fashion at the correct time. I think Asicminer cubes or better yet 180gh/s  antminer is your best choice for entry level miners right now. You can find vary good prices for both of those miners here on this fourm. Good luck .....

-- Josh --

Tips -  13q4b2Rq2dA579KShuC2LapSK8E94ZeAWy
https://coinbase.com/?r=5276ab
brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:48:05 PM

I've seen people selling block erupter blades, version 2 on ebay for around 150 usd.. The question is, are they still worth it at round 15usd per gigahash?  Someone please help me out on this. Still deciding on buying some block erupter blades on eBay or purchasing some gigahashes on cex.io. Thanks!

I'd stay away from those eBay prices, better to look around here in the "Marketplace > Goods > Computer Hardware" section. Most of the people on eBay are trying to cover the high prices they paid for the stuff. It's all 3rd and 4th hand stuff.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:58:12 AM

If you are considering buying mining hardware, stay away from eBay as the price there is highly overpriced.

If you are considering selling mining hardware, just list your hardware there with a very high price. Don't worry, someone will buy it for no reason. Smiley
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:04:43 AM

I think blades and cubes are still a good way for people to "ease into" mining. I have 11 blades running and 4 cubes, these were bought over a period of several months. Asicminer stuff seems to lend well to starting small and scaling up; the way the blades plug into the backplane, and the cubes have the interlocking notched cases... Sure, the Antminer is more efficient, but not everyone can lay out that much expense in one hit, especially when starting up or just testing the waters.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: