Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long I can have sMerits?  (Read 435 times)
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:01:41 PM

Something similar happened the last time when I received 10 merits for one post. Merit system was totally new at that time. Well, maybe sMerits decays after 2-3 days or so.
I have a feeling that you're lying about sMerits since so many members explained very clearly that sMerits didn't decayed at the moment. You're always saying the same story again and again. Don't know what is your intentions and feeled like you just want to continue this thread without any valid reason. I think it is better, if you can locked this thread and read the thread very carefully what other members said repeatedly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jmiro1 (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:59:46 PM

When you receive one merit - you receive 0.5 sMerit which does not show and is not spendable.

That explains it. Thank you very much. If I have some merits not, I would definitely send it to you.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:46:43 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 08:46:32 AM by Daboy_Lyle

I've searched here in Bitcointalk before posting my question. I've found a similar thread but there were no certain time frame for how long I am able to send my sMerits. Please someone inform me. Thanks.
You will be able to send merit if you have sMerit.
In every pair of merit is equal to one sMerit.
Code:
1 MERIT = 0.5 sMERIT
2 MERIT = 1 sMERIT
You have 11 Merit if some of your post get at least 1 merit you will  have 1 sMerit. After having a pair of merit you will be able to send 1 sMerit.

In mathematical expression this the so called ODD & EVEN numbers where in ODD numbers are 1,3,5,7,9 and so on while in EVEN numbers are 2,4,6,8,10 and more pair numbers.
MERIT = sMERIT
1        —     0.5
2        —       1
3        —     1.5
4        —       2
5        —     2.5
For example I have 51 Merits and I only have 25.5 sMerit (if I didn't send for useful posts)
This how merit being calculated in my idea which is correct.
How long I can have sMerits?
It will take long until you stop earning merit from your post. In short you can't send merits if you don't have enough merit.

trupero_uno

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:13:39 PM

I've searched here in Bitcointalk before posting my question. I've found a similar thread but there were no certain time frame for how long I am able to send my sMerits. Please someone inform me. Thanks.

I just want to add feedback to you as all other feedback are positive to your case, time frame of decays smerit is a debatable for some forum members since currently no time limitation for smerit to decay. Some members expect for decaying smerit for certain periods to drive merit spending increased and some others are maintaining current unlimited time for smerit for decaying. I myself prefer to unlimited decay time for smerit to selectively reward a post for merit in high quality posting.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:41:17 PM

Kindly lock this post. This was already answered and merited by Ognasty. If members really want to contribute in the forum, better start reading every possible answers in this topic. Not just adding more post to this topic..

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:31:23 AM

I have my merits for about 3 months i guess and the merits is still there untouched. I guess what members mentioned above is true, there is no "merit decays" feature in the system right now, even if we have that, we still dont know how long the time will take before it decays. So i believe it is safe for now if you have sMerits and really want to find a high quality posts to give sMerits, because we are not in hurry.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: